Harry Potter: The Complete 8-film Collection [Blu-ray] [2001] [2016] [Region Free]

£19.495
FREE Shipping

Harry Potter: The Complete 8-film Collection [Blu-ray] [2001] [2016] [Region Free]

RRP: £38.99
Price: £19.495
£19.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

It’s the traditional orphan existence, living in a family lacking in love, but with no end of petty abuse and indignity. Year 7 - Part 2: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 - In the epic finale, the battle between the good and evil forces of the wizarding world escalates into all-out war. I loved the way the books were written, growing up with their target audiences; fantastic, colourful children’s stories for The Philosopher’s Stone, and full on angsty teen fiction by the time Deathly Hallows came around.

Harry Potter: The Complete 8-film Collection (4K Ultra HD

The time has come for Harry to complete Dumbledore’s mission, to find the Horcruxes that harbour the fragments of Voldemort’s soul and destroy them. You can’t do that with Harry Potter, and the concern is that you wind up with a film like The Philosopher’s Stone, which lack a narrative arc, and instead feel like a series of loosely connected vignettes, a sketch show made into a movie. Extras: Language(s): English, Hard of Hearing Subtitles: English, Interactive Menu, Screen ratio 1:1. All that Harry, Ron, and Hermione need to do is to find the final few Horcruxes and destroy them, to render Voldemort vulnerable. The Quidditch match in this movie trumps the first for audio versatility, while the film’s climax certainly has speakers working overtime.Incidentally, Boyhood might have picked up the Oscars, but Harry Potter did it first, and on a much larger scale. But Slughorn has a habit of ‘collecting’ the scions of the powerful and famous, as well as promising students of the future, he’s a career networker, and he’d like to add Harry Potter to his shelf. As part of a series, The Half-Blood Prince is the best of the Harry Potter movies I have seen to this point, but unlike The Prisoner of Azkaban, this one really works best for people who are watching the whole saga, whereas Prisoner of Azkaban stands alone a little better. Harry will finally learn the truth about his tragic childhood, but the truth may come too late to save him.

Harry Potter: Complete 8-film Collection (blu-ray) : Target Harry Potter: Complete 8-film Collection (blu-ray) : Target

Of all the Harry Potter adaptations that I have seen so far, or at least watched with my full attention on the screen, not distracted by pesky adverts, The Prisoner of Azkaban feels the most like a genuine feature film.But Professor Dolores Umbridge (Imelda Staunton)'s Ministry-approved course of defensive magic leaves the young wizards woefully unprepared to defend themselves against the dark forces threatening them and the entire wizarding community, meaning Harry has no choice but to take matters into his own hands. And just when I thought that the Harry Potter films couldn’t get any darker, they manage to find new shades of black, new degrees of de-saturation for the penultimate film.

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection Blu-ray Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection Blu-ray

He has Ron and Hermione’s help of course; it will be harder than anything they’ve had to do before, especially with the Death Eaters hunting them down. They weren’t killed in a car crash, they fell afoul of a dark wizard, Voldemort, a wizard whose power waned and vanished when he tried and failed to kill Harry, leaving him with a lightning shaped scar on his forehead. The music for the film is supplied by Alexandre Desplat, but for the first time since The Chamber of Secrets it really felt cohesively like a John Williams score. What`s worse is that the Dementors of Azkaban have been unleashed to affect his recapture, and have taken up residence around Hogwarts, but also seem to take an uncommon and debilitating interest in Harry. The surround track is really quite good, effective, vibrant, but naturalistic as well, never overemphasising the effects, or indulging the LFE just because it can.Will Harry be able to keep up with his studies, lead his team to victory in the school sport Quidditch, and still triumph over the dreaded Voldemort? It looks as if getting to Hogwarts will be impossible when Ron and Harry find that the magical gateway to Platform 9¾ is sealed against them, but a little ingenuity and the theft of Mr Weasley`s flying Ford Anglia insures that they make it to school in time for the beginning of term. The endgame will be played out at the hiding place of the last Horcrux, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, with Voldemort bringing his army of Death Eaters to bear. Consumer Products by Snow Commerce, which is soley responsible for the site's content and all aspects of your purchase.

Harry Potter - Complete 8-Film Collection [Blu-ray] [2011

There’s a nice level of depth to the image, even in the darker and mistier scenes, while during the more frenetic of action sequences, I didn’t notice any compression or artefacts. I went to the cinema for the first three films, and eagerly pounced on the DVDs, and that’s when the experience went sour. Even if the nightmare was of the ominous figure of He Who Must Not Be Named committing murder, that’s no reason not to enjoy the Quidditch World Cup. The next best thing, as I know that time is often at a premium, is to watch them over successive nights.But what it does do is that it introduces the characters, and it sets up the world, it comfortably eases in the fans of the book, with an experience that is familiar and relatable, and you have to remember that those fans would have been mostly aged between 8-13 at the time, where such radical diversions as directorial style, editorial wizardry, and character discovery would have been distractions, not something to be appreciated.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop