In the Lives of Puppets

In the Lives of Puppets

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Rambo worried about most things, such as the dirt on the floor, the dirt on Vic’s hands, and death in all manner of ways. You know a book is exceptional when it’s capable of making your heart hurt in the most wonderful way, all the way through! Klune mentions changes he made to the book, some he "did not agree with" and also states "I wish this could have been the story we talked about, but apparently, the world isn't quite ready for such a book.

I’m not a big fan of fantasy and sci-fi, so it says something that I already know this will be one of my favorites for this year. Don’t let the word “puppets” scare you off, because there are NO creepy, nose-growing puppets in this story! At the beginning of the story, we get to know the hero Victor, a young human living in a secluded home with his adopted father Gio, and two robots, Nurse Ratched and Rambo.Eventually though the little band of travelers reach their destination and achieve a satisfactory conclusion. When reading this, I couldn’t help but see constant shades of: WALL-E, Mass Effect 3, Terminator 2, Blade Runner, Fallout 4, and finally… The Iron Giant!

The day Vic salvages and repairs an android labelled "HAP," he learns of a shared dark past between Hap and Gio-a past spent hunting humans.In the acknowledgements page, he seems to express regret about some of the edits the book went through. Their love was so organic - so very honest - full of hope and desire to just be accepted as you were - as you are - no matter who you are - man or machine. Many characters struggle with their guilt, and the journey through the pages also becomes that of acceptance and absolution.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop