Pakeeza Live Set Natural Yogurt, 425g

Pakeeza Live Set Natural Yogurt, 425g

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

As pointed out earlier, live yoghurt contains high amounts of calcium which helps your teeth and bones. 8 To spread our risk and grow further, we have diversified into wholesale and own-label – and we also sell bulk yogurt to other manufacturers. The own-label side in particular has grown tremendously, helped by the fact that we are working with some of the fastest growing retailers. This also includes the earlier mentioned vitamins and minerals that are found in yoghurt which are also thought to help support improve your immune system. Studies show that both of these vitamins may protect against heart disease and certain neural tube birth defects. 9,10 Despite the increase in automation, we have had to nearly double our staff to 150 in just three years to keep up with the growing output. Those people have generally been more skilled, which has added value to the business.

As mentioned, it’s high in protein which works along with calcium to help increase the level of appetite-reducing hormones like peptide YY and GLP-1. 29 Studies indicate that protein is the most thermogenic macronutrient, which means that your body has to generate enough heat to digest it. Our Lancashire Farm brand continues to grow by 10–20% year-on-year, and I think there’s no reason why the company cannot grow by 40–50% over the next three to five years. The factory is running at 70% capacity, so we don’t have any problems on that front. It is thought that probiotics may help you restore the natural balance of bacteria in your stomach and intestines when they’ve been upset by illness or after treatment. We also are starting to ramp up our marketing spend, which has been very limited in the past. Expect some experiential activity from us this year, and some bigger things in 2017.

Milk allergy

Employment in the business is still really positive because we’re growing, but we’ve also stabilised our costs which means we can invest in higher skilled resource and make sure that our payroll costs are balanced. Outside work: On the rare times I’m away from the factory, I love spending time with my children. I also enjoy swimming

The business was started by my father, Ghulam, in 1984. Situated on Drake Street in Rochdale and then trading as Pakeeza Dairies, the company started off buying yogurt ready-made from a dairy in Peterborough. When the dairy went into liquidation, Pakeeza turned its hand to processing milk and manufacturing yogurt – albeit in a very small way. This may be beneficial for weight control as it may reduce the number of calories consumed. 16,17,18Scientific studies show that protein helps support your metabolism by increasing the way you use energy and the way you burn calories throughout the day. 15 I studied agriculture at Reaseheath College in Nantwich, and also worked on the dairy in Peterborough – both invaluable experiences. I started working for Pakeeza straight after college, and became md a couple of years after. There is also consideration from several studies that have illustrated that probiotics may protect against diarrhoea and constipation that are associated with antibiotics. 25,26 Although a majority of the yoghurts sold in the UK will have probiotics in them and will still be considered ‘live’ because of their probiotic content. 33 Research has also found that in some instances, probiotics may also help reduce the symptoms and the severity of the common cold. 28

In 2011, we began trading as Lancashire Farm Dairies to bolster our leading brand and strengthen our provenance. Pakeeza Dairies, however, remains the company name.SA: We were founded in 1984 and originally the company was run by father and son, Ghulam Zouq and Azhar Zouq. Ghulam sadly passed away in 2021 and Azhar continues to lead the business as Managing Director. Ghulam had left Pakistan for England in 1960 and originally worked in Lancashire’s textile mills, before setting up a fruit and veg stall in Rochdale in the early 1980s. He started as a market trader, buying and selling yoghurt, which became a speciality before he transformed the business to begin manufacturing its own yoghurt. JM: First and foremost, it’s all about improving your engagement with the local area – whether you’re a sole trader, small, large, whatever size business you are. Look to make an introduction if you haven’t already and build a relationship with the Hub, they will find a way to support you. Fundamentally you won’t know what support they can offer until you’ve spoken. Even if it’s just for them to lend an ear and signpost various resources and tools for your business. One particular study looked at participants which regularly consumed yoghurt that contained bifidobacterial. JM: The Hub’s support has been across three main areas: the rebrand and brand consultancy (following an introduction to the Manufacturing Advisory Service, MAS, and its digital team); energy resource guidance and support; and assistance with our automation and modern manufacturing techniques. I know it all sounds like plain sailing, but the yogurt market isn’t without its challenges. One of the biggest is the current price of milk, brought about by the Russian embargo on imports and the end of the EU milk quota system, which both happened last year.

That said, much of the lactose contained in milk is broken down in the production of yoghurt so it may be that those with lactose intolerance may be able to stand it depending on the severity. To keep up with growth, we have had to continually invest in the premises and in the processing equipment. We are always investing in tanks, valves, linear machines – any kind of automation, in fact. At the other end of the scale, health-conscious shoppers are looking for very low fat yogurts, a demand that we meet with Lancashire Farm Fat Free and the fruit flavours. I would say 40–50% of the volume we put through retailers comes from these two areas.

Do all yoghurts contain probiotics?

Essentially, the business grew through independent retailers, and it remains the bread and butter of our business. As it stands, we’ve got a really strong independent network across the UK, but in particular along the M62 corridor and in London and Birmingham.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop