King of the Cloud Forests

King of the Cloud Forests

RRP: £7.99
Price: £3.995
£3.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

A young boy escapes from China after the Japanese invasion and starts on a journey thru Tibet, Nepal and India to England. This book is wonderful for all ages, due to its encompassing nature of history, culture, humour and supernatural elements all tied up in a beautiful tale of finding oneself. He sits outside the series-driven blockbusters so beloved of publishers nowadays: he hasn't created a Harry Potter or an Alex Rider – and I admire him for resisting that.

As Ashley travels with his Uncle Sung from China to England, he must be disguised to fit in with the people who live around these parts. Two unhappy marriages marred Mrs Hodgson Burnett's private life but she became an American citizen in 1905 and settled in Long Island until her death in 1924. He was awarded an OBE in 2007 and a Knighthood in the New Year’s Honours in 2018 for services to literature and charity.

He spends half his life mucking out sheds with the children, feeding sheep or milking cows; the other half he spends dreaming up and writing stories for children. She was educated at Kilbreda college, Mentone (Victoria, Australia) and the Covent of the Cross, Waterlooville, Hampshire. In November 2016 Michael Morpurgo won the J M Barrie Award for his contribution to children’s literature. Whichever you are, this is an amazing story and Morpurgo deserves the title, 'The Master Storyteller'.

But Tips, Lily's adored cat, has other ideas – barbed wire and the danger of guns and bombs mean nothing to her. This award is given every year by Action for Children’s Arts to a “children’s arts practitioner” whose lifetime’s work has delighted children and will stand the test of time. Though in a real world setting, it had a whimsical, magical feel to it due to the creatures Ashley meets.Ashley and his Uncle Sung, have to flee China and they have to survive living alone in the mountains, during winter, which is hard. Our resources are crucial for knowledge lovers everywhere—so if you find all these bits and bytes useful, please pitch in. We build and maintain all our own systems, but we don’t charge for access, sell user information, or run ads. Michelle was born in 1947 in Portsmouth, Hampshire of a Welsh mother and Irish father with an Armenian Surname! My favorite part was when all the yetis started learning english, because they speak funnily, which made me laugh.

A son and grandson of actors, Michael has acting in his blood and enjoys collaborating and performing live adaptations of his books at festivals, concerts and theatres. The story, which took the local legend of The Wizard of the Edge as a partial basis for the novel's plot, was influenced by the folklore and landscape of the neighbouring Alderley Edge where he had grown up.My main reason for reading this was because it was a recommended text for a KS2 mountain based topic. He travels all over the UK and abroad talking to people of all ages at literary festivals, telling his stories and encouraging them to tell theirs.

Took me on a thrilling adventure embarked full of mystery, heart-racing and though provocative emotions.Morpurgo's writing is clean and cohesive, padded with edifying descriptions and details that give the world and Ashley's thoughts depth without impeding the pace or easy digestion of the story. A heart-warming story of a young boy who, with his Tibetan uncle escape the imminent attack from the Japanese in 1941 China.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop