Private Dancer

Private Dancer

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

And maybe that is why Pattaya Mail described this book as a “Compulsory reading for all first-timers to Thailand”

Even though the book is written keeping in mind only those 4 or 5 characters – the book as a whole acts as a manuscript in understanding how different people from different cultures and different environments think and communicate ideas, feelings and thoughts. Dig a little deeper though, and this book others some great conundrums on Western – Asian relationships, and how culture is only a small part of the differences. The plot line was good. It kept me interested and I liked the idea of someone becoming infatuated with someone that they really couldn't ever "be with." The development of the main characters was good, though -- again -- some of the sub-characters were just in there. Top 100 Albums (January 3–December 29, 1984)" (PDF). Music Week. January 26, 1985. p.42. ISSN 0265-1548– via World Radio History.

International orders

Listening to others advice and experiences go a long way in Thailand. Believe me. One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble. Thailand has a lot more to offer and so much more to learn. But this one small aspect is what drives the industry ablaze. But to have two major English-language newspapers declare that Private Dancer should be compulsory bibliography for everyone landing in Thailand it’s just wrong. I mean, do they really assume that all tourists who arrive in Thailand come here for the girls? Has Thailand really become a destination known just for its red light districts? I wholeheartedly hope not! There are thousands of other things Thailand can offer, apart from Bangkok’s three main red light districts and Pattaya’s Walking Street. The writer has a very interesting way of telling a story. We get to know about story and the various characters from the characters themselves. So there are a lot of viewpoints in this-Joy, her sister, Pete’s friends but most of all Pete. It’s refreshing and although there isn’t much difference in the tone of the voices, there is a difference in their situations. Since this book is written mostly from the prospective of guys, most of whom are in Thailand for the sleaze, you get a different perspective of bar girls than you would from other people, or woman for that matter.

Austriancharts.at – Tina Turner – Private Dancer" (in German). Hung Medien. Retrieved September 14, 2015.clubs, street vendors, and of course, foreign sex tourists. Thailand nightlife in an average Go-Go bar. But, there’s a twist in the tail and, although towards the end the narrative kind of loses focus, the message of the book is clear: you’re never going to win an argument with the Thais. Unfortunately, the book doesn’t make justice to the millions of ‘normal’ Thai women who live a decent life, and keep away from drugs, orgies and prostitution. Private Dancer has a brilliant cover (photograph by Paul Owen), which suggest exactly what the book is all about. All's not what it seems for the unfortunate protaganist Pete who falls in love with the beautiful pole dancer Joy against the advice of his so-called drinking buddy's at Fatso's bar. Drink, drugs, sex, violence and deception all abound in this intriguing thriller which shows the darker side of Bangkok's notorious red light districts, notably the Nana Plaza complex. What is amazing is the manner in which the writer has managed to capture the essence of each character. He really hits a homerun in trying to decipher the cultural influence and thinking of each character.

Ma lugesin küll uut trükk, mis see aasta ilmus aga sisu poolest tõenäoliselt samad. Mulle meeldis, ma eriti Taimaast ja selle tavadest muud ei teadnud, kui et Euroopa meestele meeldib sinna seksiturismile sõita ja päikest lisaks nautida. No Minu Tai on muidugi loetud aga see räägib hoopis muust sest peategelane on lastega inimene, ilmselgelt prostitutsioon teda ei puuduta :) The book then takes the reader deeper and deeper into this obsessive love story – where one absolutely idiotic emotional nut-job seeks to win the heart of an ungrateful, manipulative, sinister and cold-hearted woman.

Tracking delivery

The writing is crisp, and to the point, the characters suffer believable emotions with their own motives, and the Bangkok Go-Go bars feel vibrant through farang eyes.

For me, Thailand is all about the incredible food and the enhanced social life. The cheap cost of living helps too. For other guys, there might be other reasons. Thailand also enjoys fantastic weather all year round, safety, great entertainment, paradisiac-like beaches and many tourism options. That's the recipe that makes Thailand the top country in South East Asia. Fernando Salaverri (September 2005). Sólo éxitos: año a año, 1959–2002 (1sted.). Spain: Fundación Autor-SGAE. ISBN 84-8048-639-2.This reads like a news story, it's fiction but has a feel of non fiction about it. It was no surprise to me that the author has written for the Daily Mail as this is sensational tabloid fodder and its extremely easy to binge your way through.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop