Harry Potter - Spanish: Harry Potter y la piedra filosofal: Harry Potter y la piedra filosofal - Paperback

£5.375
FREE Shipping

Harry Potter - Spanish: Harry Potter y la piedra filosofal: Harry Potter y la piedra filosofal - Paperback

RRP: £10.75
Price: £5.375
£5.375 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

That is kind of odd, isn’t it… that the they would distribute to different regions in print but not in digital form. Inspired by the original companion volume, it was the first in a series of new adventures featuring wizarding world magizoologist Newt Scamander. I don’t actually speak Spanish, just an avid linguist that’s pretty comfortable fumbling about in other languages. For simplicity’s sake, I have been using the region definitions I settled on, but I still haven’t justified where I drew the boundaries and why I’ve named them as I have. That would definitely be weird since she only translated the first book… Could you send me a photo of the copyright page?

However, in Spain, the distinction is maintained and there are two words: vosotros (familiar) and ustedes (polite). I’m finding sets that say they’re the Spain version but I’m having trouble finding a book set that is definitively the Latin American edition. L'espagnol n'est pas particulièrement compliqué et, pour ceux qui connaissent l'histoire, pas besoin de préciser que l'histoire est top! But again, once a translation has been edited and published, you don’t really expect that much variation in the final text from edition to edition. Hay muchos que niegan el regreso del Señor Oscuro, pero Harry no está solo: una orden secreta se reúne en Grimmauld Place para luchar contra las Fuerzas Oscuras.

The only editions not printed in Spain were printed in Argentina (at least that I’ve seen so far), so no help finding different distribution centres there. While millions of American kids plod, like stunned yaks, through Spanish-class sloughs of despond, wondering what is the use of a language in which they only know how to talk in the present tense after three whole semesters, the Answer may have arrived.

The Silkworm followed in 2014, Career of Evil in 2015, Lethal White in 2018, Troubled Blood in 2020 and The Ink Black Heart in 2022. Details are sometimes sketchy and rely on the accuracy of random sellers on the Internet, so take them with a grain of salt.I got several other strange translations from online translators but the best seems to be Googles’ “pastillas de babosa”.

Her mother's paternal grandfather, Louis Volant, was awarded the Croix de Guerre for exceptional bravery in defending the village of Courcelles-le-Comte during the First World War. It’s a little daunting and while I know lots of people that have the first book, I don’t know a lot that have the remainder. A special thank you to all the people that submitted images from their editions that helped me sort out all these editions!

NOTE: other restrictions can be a result of our security platform detecting potential malicious activity. Or, and this is the really cool part, I figured out what a lot of Spanish words and expressions meant just from the context, which I knew so well. As a collector, regional adaptations are of interest to me, so exactly how many there are is important to my completion criteria!

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop