How my Body Works Complete set of all 50 Volumes (How My Body Works)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

A nuanced and expansive study of the ways that, throughout history, human beings have both inflicted and faced pain, and worked to articulate it, and to live with and through it. Rapp Black’s left foot was amputated at the age of four as the result of a congenital defect, and the title refers to the time she spent as a poster child for the US nonprofit March of Dimes. We are trying to find out more about what works for different people so we can better advise other young people what to try. It’s similar to physical education, where you learn about how your body works, how to look after it and the impacts of different strains or stressors - but instead you apply this to the mind. As an expert on the science of productivity, Charles knows the secrets to speeding up innovation and creativity.

Mary Aiken, the world’s leading expert in forensic cyberpsychology, embarks on a journey to explore how the internet is shaping how we think and behave. Stories are lived in bodies and made in them; language itself is created in breathing and muscle, in gesture, contraction, release. When Victor Frankenstein’s mother dies, he goes to university occupied with the “deepest mysteries of creation”, intent on learning how to make a living being, so that he might combat loss, death and decay.Perillo had multiple sclerosis, and these poems are informed both obliquely and explicitly by her particular experiences of disability and embodiment. Dungy is a poet, and this collection of essays – travelogue, memoir, and cultural study – proceeds with a poet’s exacting attention as it ranges across history and landscapes to explore motherhood, womanhood, writing, and the natural world.

If your daughter is born / and her legs aren’t made / for standing,” the collection begins – and a whole, extraordinary world unfurls. An analysis of physical suffering that spans arenas from philosophy to medicine, religion to literature, and art, The Body in Pain is a reckoning with the foundational, inexpressible and inescapable nature of pain. One of the biggest faults in creative people is getting stuck on having the most original idea instead of focusing on new ways to combine ideas that already exist.

But it’s also an examination of the profound ways a body can both other and connect you, and of how you can love a body even as it fails you, or fails someone you love.

He interviews neuroscientists and other experts on motor control to understand how the brain’s motor control system works in extraordinary talented athletes like Stephen Curry, Tom Brady, Serena Williams, and Lionel Messi. But the book is really a look at what it means to come of age in a culture that impels you to despise yourself. They’re also an extraordinary record of loving the world despite its darkness, and of singular and sparing epiphanies: “How immense the drowning when you’re the boy who drowns.As he discusses in this New York Times bestseller, Charles believes that productivity relies heavily on decision-making and managing how you think. It’s the center of the nervous system – the headquarters of our body – and it’s responsible for pretty much everything. This tender, extraordinary novel about a small-town librarian named Peggy Court and the “over-tall” James Carlson Sweatt – who is six feet by age 11, then seven, and then eight – is a love story above all else. This book is ideal for anyone who feels stagnant in their career and wants to make simple changes that will provide extraordinary, life-changing results. Heavy is a gorgeous, difficult engagement with the weight(s) our bodies carry, conjure, wield and resist.

Daniel Amen and Tana Amen join forces to bring attention to the harmful, addictive practices that are destroying our bodies and our minds. Including lists of what to eat and what to avoid, a quiz that determines your brain health, and 24 delicious recipes, Brain Food is the ultimate guide to a happy, healthy brain. You'll find out how the body's organs work and learn about body systems like the digestive system and brain and nervous system. It’s important to know how your lifestyle impacts your brain, and what positive changes you can make to promote a healthier future. We take pride in offering a wide selection of used books, from classics to hidden gems, ensuring there?Abuse of food and technology has driven much of the American population to lead unhealthy lives, riddled with disease. A collection of poems about daughterhood and infertility, ageing and grief, the rapture and rupture of the body and the brutal, ecstatic, animal force of wanting, this book is crystalline and clear, and beautiful enough to break your heart: “Fine then, / I’ll take it … I’ll take it all. Concerned with the particular vulnerability and power of living in a black body, it is a masterclass in grappling with the many ways our bodies shape and attend us everywhere.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop