Ten Things I Hate About Me: The instant Sunday Times bestseller

Ten Things I Hate About Me: The instant Sunday Times bestseller

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Joe Tracini came back on my radar (and pretty much the whole nations) during the Covid Lockdown period with his hilarious social media videos.

Having somebody put their arm around you and proselytize is something you find all too much in books, but having someone pat your arm and say 'yeah, I get that' with real empathy in their voice is very rare, and this felt like walking in the park with somebody who wasn't judging me.Listening to real life as it has happened and is happening is living history and keeps us listening and wanting more, looking to the future with a hopefull smile. In his new book, Joe continues the conversation in a bid to both raise awareness and stay accountable for his wellbeing. I don’t have the words to explain how helpful it is to know that you’re not alone, that you’re not the only one to have a broken brain if i can say it like that. I absolutely loved listening to Joe Tracini narrate the audio book, and it just brought everything to life so much more than just reading the hardback.

He holds himself to full account, and doesn't blame his BPD for the bad things he's done, but he wants others who may have the same struggles to know they're not alone. This book narrates little if any victory or miracles of insight or overcoming - which is, of course, the central challenge of life with BPD. It is never complacent, though, it doesn't pontificate, and it certainly doesn't make light of any of the major issues and topics it touches. He's been acting like an idiot and talking about his broken brain on Twitter for a while now, and since March 2020 when there were suddenly a lot more people with a lot less on, his videos have been viewed over 90 million times. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products.This is not a comfortable book to read, but it is a brave, important and necessary book that shines a light on a lot of the issues around mental health and how we as a society deal with it. Trying to fix my broken brain by writing a gratitude list is like trying to remove a tumour with a fucking spoon. We have to start asking each other if we're OK and start listening - really listening - to the answer. I have BPD, and this was less of a 'self-help' book and more of a commiserations book, and that's why I adored it. You’re not in for a self help book journey, this is about having someone telling you they understand how you feel and how fucked up your brain can be.

c!dal thoughts on a daily basis as opposed to the less nuanced, more reactionary portrayal and understanding of su! Anos de terapia e consultas psiquiátricas me fizeram perceber que quanto mais eu entendo a minha condição, mais eu posso conviver em paz com ela. I must have been on Mars when it first came out because I mop up books on BPD (being in the healing process myself, a long and arduous journey but well worth the ride,) but I'd never heard of this until it was mentioned on the BPD Bunch podcast. His videos on his mental health are not silly joy and they are not captivatingly cringy, but they do manage to be serious, informative and funny. It's a collection of the funny, sad, shocking and weird stuff that has happened to me along the way.It's so common for people with BPD to take their own lives that it's one of the only mental illnesses that lists suicide as a symptom. Joes story is far from pretty and very heartbreaking at times and the reason behind him writing this book is one of pure honestly.

If i’ve learnt anything from the first 5 pages of this book its ‘listen to the Benny Hill theme’ to bring you back from the abyss. Just holding this book will make you a better person - Paddy McGuinness You may also be interested in. For those that do not suffer from a mental illness, can you imagine that scenario playing out hundreds to thousands of times a day with each task, interaction, or memory? As Joe Tracini himself urges readers, please, pleeeeeeeeeease ensure you're in a safe enough place to cope with these. He's starred in many TV shows including Hollyoaks, Coming of Age and The Great Outdoors, and he's the host of the BAFTA winning 'The Dengineers'.It is clear that as much as Joe delights most of us, he very rarely feels that way about himself, due to his diagnosis of BPD and his constant war with a mental health condition that is trying to kill him by getting him to kill himself.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop