Mama's Gun

Mama's Gun

RRP: £8.14
Price: £4.07
£4.07 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

In July 2015, Badu released a free mixtape of her favorite recordings, describing the set as "carefully and lovingly selected high frequency tones for the soul." The mixtape features mostly vintage funk, soul and jazz songs. [101] Erykah Badu – New Amerykah Part One (4th World War)". dutchcharts.nl. Hung Medien / hitparade.ch . Retrieved December 25, 2011. Mixing Engineers: Tom Soares (4, 6, 9, 11), Russell Elevado (1, 7, 8, 12, 14), Leslie Brathwaite (2, 3, 5, 10, 13)

Discography – Erykah Badu – Mama's Gun". Billboard. Archived from the original on September 29, 2007 . Retrieved December 29, 2008. Erykah Badu performed at the 10th annual Voodoo Experience in New Orleans the weekend before Halloween 2008. [64] In the United Kingdom, the album charted at number 55 on the UK Albums Chart, on which it spent one week. [65] In France, it debuted at number 49 and spent 11 weeks on the French Albums Chart. [66] In Switzerland, it debuted at number 10 and spent six weeks on the Swiss Albums Top 100. [52] In the Netherlands, the album entered at number 25 and spent seven weeks on the Mega Album Top 100. [67] In Poland, it reached number nine and spent eight weeks on the Polish Albums Chart. [68] The album's highest international charting was number five in Sweden, where it charted for seven weeks. [52] Aside from periodic collaborations and other one-off projects, Badu has been relatively removed from the industry over the last few years. Whatever the reasons, her absence weighs heavily considering how much she accomplished beforehand. In particular, Mama's Gun was a huge step forward for her not only as a creator, but also as a leading voice within the genre. No matter which album is your favorite—they're all justifiable candidates that do things differently—it's impossible to deny what Mama's Gun did for Erykah Badu and neo-soul overall. I had to say to myself, about the drugs and stuff, that I've been there and I've done it. There’s no point in carrying on doing it. You couldn't get any higher. You didn't want to throw your life away casually, and I was close to doing that. It took me a bit of time, but then gradually I was able to get control of myself to a certain extent [with] drugs and everything. And I think Steve's done the same thing. We're on a similar path really, which has been great because we're in the same boat in terms of lyrics and stuff. a b McIver, Joel (2002). Erykah Badu: The First Lady of Neo-Soul. Sanctuary. ISBN 978-1-86074-385-6.

62 Reviews

Hip-hop. Ice Cube . This is for hip-hop," he said. "This is for Snoop Dogg , Doggystyle . This is for Illmatic , this is for Nas . We will live forever. Believe that." Canadian album certifications – Erykah Badu – Mama's Gun". Music Canada . Retrieved February 19, 2016.

Discography – Erykah Badu – Baduizm". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media. Archived from the original on September 29, 2007 . Retrieved December 29, 2008.Babyface, Erykah Badu and Boyz II Men Among Winners at American Music Awards. Johnson Publishing Company. February 16, 1998 . Retrieved April 15, 2009. {{ cite book}}: |work= ignored ( help) So a lot of things like that were wake up calls. Even having grandchildren and just watching my daughter enlarging her family and everything; it just makes you really positive about things and want to show a positive side to how you're feeling, about where you're going. We've lived with the demons so long, we've found a way to live with them. We found a way to be at peace with our demons, in a way. Maybe not completely, but certainly to where we’re enjoying what we do and excited about it. A3 - recorded at: electric lady studios, nyc, darp studios, atlanta, ga and the studio, philadelphia, pa Muhammad Ali, Queen. "Erykah Badu Talks to Nation19.com about going BLIND and more, APDTA". Nation19.com / 19magazine . Retrieved November 30, 2011.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop