The Evening and the Morning: The Prequel to The Pillars of the Earth, A Kingsbridge Novel

£12.5
FREE Shipping

The Evening and the Morning: The Prequel to The Pillars of the Earth, A Kingsbridge Novel

RRP: £25.00
Price: £12.5
£12.5 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Porque al final siempre triunfa la justicia: horrible es el castigo para los malvados y espléndida la recompensa para los honestos. Ragna builds a reputation as a just and capable noblewoman and landlord and has three young sons with Wilwulf. I was very hopeful that this book would be in line with the depth and breadth of an epic tale as I felt when I read Pillars.

I haven’t read the third installment , A Column of Fire , but I assume it follows the same pattern: in pre-industrial England, characters from different classes—clergy, nobles, and peasants—go about their daily lives in ways that bring them into union and conflict. Aldred is a lowly monk with high hopes for Dreng’s Ferry, seeking to make it a scholastic and religious centre in Europe where many can grow their knowledge and become better people. Those in power bend justice according to their will, regardless of ordinary people and often in conflict with the king. Pillars' remains the high water mark of this series -- none of the others has been quite so dense with historical veracity, and perhaps that's actually a mark in favor of the other books for some readers who aren't as fond of said density as I am.A fabulous escape for me, all leading up to how Dreng’s Ferry became the Kingsbridge that we come know in The Pillars of the Earth.

I received a copy of this book from Penguin Publishing Group and Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. Although this is a prequel, I do not think it is necessary to read the other books in the series to be able to enjoy this one.

This is a harsh world, full of chaos and bloodshed, and the King has only a fragile grip on his country. But over the course of [many years], we see the protagonists overcome fresh obstacles and setbacks … Decisions echo down through the years.

However Ken Follett really knows how to tell a story, wonderful sense of time and place and characters that are likeable and despicable but always memorable.While she assumes that she will be able to rule alongside her husband, nothing could be further from the truth. Subsequently, he worked for a small London publishing house, Everest Books, eventually becoming Deputy Managing Director. In the aftermath of a Viking attack on the coastal town of Combe, a young boatbuilder named Edgar moves with his remaining family to Dreng's Ferry. A young boatbuilder's life is turned upside down when his home is raided by Vikings, forcing him and his family to move and start their lives anew in a small hamlet where he does not fit in. It is accepted by you that Daunt Books has no control over additional charges in relation to customs clearance.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop