Walk Through Walls: A Memoir

Walk Through Walls: A Memoir

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I remember my grandmother saying that when my mother left home to join the partisans, she left behind sixty pairs of shoes, taking only one pair of old peasant shoes with her. These big subjects are all aired in this engaging memoir, in which the reader is invited to walk through perceptual and conceptual walls with her. My mother was a major in the army, and she commanded a squad on the front lines that was responsible for finding wounded partisans and bringing them to safety.

These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. I really need to read more of those prize winners – obviously any prize for female authors is right up my alley. Here’s how it’s addressed in her acknowledgement at the beginning of the book: “I would like first of all to express my deepest gratitude to James Kaplan. If you’re interested in Marina Abramović but aren’t a big nonfiction reader, the novel The Museum of Modern Love by Heather Rose is a brilliant depiction of her 2010 show The Artist is Present.Beautifully produced and packaged, it takes readers on a journey through Abramović’s thoughts—and traces the evolution of the most fruitful phase of her career. Tickets can only be sold through the Southbank Centre and our authorised agents, and can't be resold. As though the leaders had looked through the lens of someone else’s Communism and built something less good and less functional and more fucked-­up.

We should all help build her vision of an institute to increase consciousness, to raise consciousness, to help humanity. She immediately took me home to live with her, and there I stayed for six years, until my brother was born. How did I get this number will remain a mystery but I am so so so happy to have this memoir at home. Most purchases from business sellers are protected by the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013 which give you the right to cancel the purchase within 14 days after the day you receive the item.Devin Zuber is Associate Professor of American Studies, Religion and Literature at the Graduate Theological Union, Berkeley, and George F. I was punished frequently, for the slightest infraction, and the punishments were almost always physical—­hitting and slapping. The definitive guide to the life and work of Marina Abramović, the world's most famous performance artist. Ghostwriting itself is not a dealbreaker for me (see discussion in the comments section about this) but, a man?

Her work explores body art, endurance art, the relationship between the performer and audience, the limits of the body, and the possibilities of the mind.The facility includes a height-adjustable bench, tracking hoist system, a centrally-placed toilet, a height-adjustable basin and a shower. The energy present can help you induce different higher states of consciousness, like clairvoyance, astral travelling, and telepathy among others, besides bring each partcipant closer to her/himself through relaxation, increase of perception and paraperception, reflexion and travelling inside and outside yourself, further prospecting who you are as a self, a soul, a spirit. Let’s get this out of the way: Serbian performance artist Marina Abramović is a controversial figure, and much as I’d love to shove her ghostwritten memoir into everyone’s hands, I must admit that there are plenty of people who will remain thoroughly unmoved by it, and that’s completely fine.

At first glance Marina Abramović has made a career from doing the opposite of Elena Ferrante, whose identity, as we all know, has been investigated by a journalist. In WALK THROUGH WALLS, she reveals her past with utter candor and deep emotion, in a narrative that is guaranteed to surprise you. Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page.Maybe it was just an old habit from partisan days, but they both slept with loaded pistols on their bedside tables!

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop