1 2 Next
Posted 28 Jan 2017, 2:01 a.m.

Judge: Fin

Artist: Cousins

Musicianship/skill: 3.5/5

Drums: good power of hesitant at times. Nice use of fills.Bass: not just copying guitar lines.Vox: ok, out of tune at times, reasonable power but a bit forced when really belting it out.Guitar stage left: good, fills out sound / complements other guitar as needed.Guitar stage right: mostly cleanly played, a few clipped notes though.

Professionalism: 4/5

On cleanly. Ok attempt at talking with the crowd. It was all going so well then the cable got pulled out.

Songwriting: 3.5/5

Songs follow a fairly well worn structure but it's competently executed. Vocals and music work though sometimes the music softened whilst the vocals stayed quite full on.

Creativity: 3/5

Good interplay of all instruments, nothing feels redundant or poorly utilised. Songs are well structured from a dynamic point of view but rise and fall in a predictable fashion.

Stage Presence/Entertainment Value: 4/5

Sounds like you brought your fan club along. Seem to have the crowd on side. Good amount of energy on stage during heavier sections.

Overall: 18/25

A very nice performance - let down by slightly off vocals at times, need to work on staying in tune at the louder sections. Also vocals were full on all the time, some softer sections would have worked better at some points.

Artist: Rainbow Rhythms

Musicianship/skill: 4/5

Drums: some lovely ghost notes going on. Good feel.Bass: good - able to play both the soft and louder sections.Keys / Sax: supplements the rest of the band well.Guitar: cleanly played mostly but some messy transitions.Vox: you've gotta talk through the microphone to the audience, needs more presence also a bit out of tune.

Professionalism: 3/5

Tuning on stage between sets :( off fine.

Songwriting: 3/5

Instrumental stuff is thoughtfully written. Good use of build, dynamic shifts. Vocals aren't really linked to the instrumentals in any way. No real consistent feel to the set. Ended up overstaying its welcome.

The songs go in some nicely unpredictable ways however this works better for the instrumental sections than vocal sections. But a little hit and miss. Nice sax interlude. Jammy section towards the end possibly too long before resolving into something.

Stage Presence/Entertainment Value: 2/5

A bit of energy coming from the stage. Both vocalists seemed a bit restrained - project more. The sax got the biggest cheer of the set.

Overall: 14/25

Some good and bad ideas here. Instrumental sections were reasonably well thought out, but it doesn't seem like you're sure what the music is supposed to make the listener feel. It's a selection of "bits" that sound good not an emotional journey (or some pretentious bollocks like that...)

Artist: Prosaic Mosaic

Musicianship/skill: 2/5

Drums: decent but nothing hugely complex. Some nice fills.Guitar: mostly fairly basic strumming stuff but fitsKeys: very jovial. Well played.Bass: good fit with the songs.Vox: nice attempt at some complex harmonies but often out of tune.

Handles the bastard judges interruption well (damn Botch and his slow hands...) A bit quiet talking to the crowd at times.

Songwriting: 4/5

Nice interplay between keys and vocals. Songs all fit together well. Good use of dynamic.

Creativity: 4/5

I like what you're going for with the harmonies but your vocals aren't quite there to pull it off well. Unrelentingly cheery. Probably one of the more unique feels from a bandsoc band in a while.

Stage Presence/Entertainment Value: 3/5

Surely it's Mary Berry's choice if Paul gets some? Good interaction with the crowd though it felt a bit waffle at times.

Overall: 17/25

I really enjoyed this. You're good at writing good and interesting songs but you definitely need to work on your vocals.

Artist: Clapham Watch

Musicianship/skill: 5/5

Drums: very good, easy with this style to go overboard but nicely restrained.Vox: yeah ok. A bit good. Lovely harmonies. Seriously blew me away.Guitar: very clean, fills / solos interesting whilst not overpowering.Bass: much funk. Formed the backbone of most of the songs but some very nice fills.Keys: well played, fit perfectly.Horns: it's a bit unfair at this point that there's not a weak link.

Professionalism: 5/5

On and off without issue. Very good on stage. It's a wonder you sound so good with that many people on that small stage.

Songwriting: 5/5

Phenomenal. Everything working together. Flawless dynamics. For a band with three amazing vocalists it's nice to see a lot of thought was put into the instrumental backing as well.

Very good use of harmonies. I liked the switching lead vocals - absolutely amazing. I loved that the musicians were also given a chance to shine. However the music could use a more unique flavour to it.

Stage Presence/Entertainment Value: 5/5

Carlotta wishes he was in this. This crowd really loves sax don't they? Lots of power coming out through the music.

Overall: 23/25

Absolutely flawless performance. I've never seen that many people on stage at once and it not be chaotic, let alone actually really good. However it's nothing really unique, you need to find your own sound.

Artist: Shortwave

Musicianship/skill: 4.5/5

Vox Guitar: very cleanly played.Other Guitar: used to good effect both thickening the sound and in lead lines.Bass: clear, punchy. Good when allowed to do more than follow the guitar.Drums: driving rhythm. Possibly too restrained at times.Vox: good power.

On with huge intro. No issues during. Off cleanly.

Songwriting: 4.5/5

Know when to have guitars and bass sync up for power and when to split them up for more interesting music. Songs flowed together very well. Good use of stops. A bit reliant on sections with...(left unfinished by judge)

Powerful intro. "Come from the land of ice" - and snow? Nice use of slightly different time signatures. Nothing hugely original but a nice personal spin on it. Powerful outro.

A lot of energy coming from the stage. Bassist is getting his rock on a fair bit. Some great guitar faces going on.

Another great set. Everything working really well together. Pretty rocky stuff but it felt like it had a personal touch to it.

Artist: Lift Club

Guitar stage left: great clean playing.Guitar stage right: good use of delay. Fills out the sound wonderfully.Bass: nicely done, held the rest together.Drums: works well within the songs, aiding the builds. Good use of fills and dynamics on the cymbals.

On and off with no issue. A lack of the self indulgent wankery that often accompanies instrumental acts.

Instrumental stuff is very hard to keep interesting, but you utilise dynamics very well to separate the sections of your songs. Well constructed. Everyone has a role and is filling it well here. Nothing feels superfluous.

Getting an If The Trees Could Talk vibe from this, a bit Maybeshewill with the samples. It's great but could use a more personal touch. See something like Three Trapped Tigers for an instrumental band that really makes it their own.

Wall of sound in the heavy parts and enough presence in the quiet parts to keep the crowd shut up.

Only 7 minutes for the first song?! And you call yourselves an instrumental band? Absolutely massive sound. I'm probably going to swap The Last of Us OST for a Maybeshewill album in my car thanks to this.

Places:

1st: Clapham Watch

1st: Shortwave

1st: Lift Club

4th: Cousins

5th: Prosaic Mosaic

6th: Rainbow Rhythms

Posted 28 Jan 2017, 2:07 a.m.

Judge: Botch

Musicianship/skill: 3.5/5

You guys play hard and loose - bass attacking that low e, yikes please use compression to balance out your tone. Vocals have a nice tone but whiney and unsupported vocals begin to grate after some time. Drums you hold the groove a little too loose - but I do feel the energy. Lead guitar doing well with the delay but suffers with the loose time kept by the drums. Bass holds a really nice rhythm section, note selection is mainly rooted but you find some nice moments to move around the fifths.

Professionalism: 3/5

Oh you just right on it, don’t you! Great presence on stage - interesting to throw bass in the centre - so glad he lives up to it! I’d say you’re pretty well practised but next steps would be to get more soundchecks under your belt. Finished on the nail 15:08 and the jack unplug!

Songwriting: 3.5/5

Strong pop punk opening - blends nicely into a little more post grunge. Your 1st song doesn’t quite have enough going for it during the instrumental chorus breaks, but lovely use of melody in the song. 2nd song is definitely your standout - what a wall of sound created. Strong song structure in the last song, foundations of some great dynamics and the pre-chorus and lead guitar really stand out here.

Creativity: 3.5/5

I’m reminded of a little of the band ‘low’ in the way you construct a loose wall of sound. The ideas are fairly well trodden but haven’t heard much floating around the ‘scene’ recently so it’s quite refreshing. Was there anything innovative? Not especially, but your strengths are in the song writing!

Stage Presence/Entertainment Value: 3.5/5

Bassist reminds me of ‘Spyder’ from school of rock :P. Great energy from the band and what a treat to watch a drummer have a little fun! Was a listening treat but needed to be more ‘tight’ to pull of an eye catching performance.

Overall: 17/25

Drummer, well done putting the kit back for those pesky right handers! Great etiquette! Overall you guys were really surprising and what a great way to start the heat! Try to work more on the singing and getting tighter as a unit.

Musicianship/skill: 1.5/5

No vocal projection really affects the rapping - also out of time with the backing vox. Bassist looks a little concerned, does quite well to lock in with the kick drum - unfortunately you’re completely drowned out - compression could help? Keys don’t really work to add enough to the mix. Guitar is a trouble spot for the band - finger strumming an electric? With overdrive? You are asking for trouble.

Killer sax btw, you could see some brass coming a mile away. Microphone feedback was inevitable with the sound guy trying to help you out. Drums are miraculously tight given everything going around, plays with a nice crisp snare hit. Ah, what was with the growls, whilst well done, adding nothing. Finally the vocal yelling - don't forget the mic - and add more projection!

Professionalism: 2/5

Pre-set tuning - whoops! Keep it in the tuning pedal. You’ve got the right idea of dynamics and rhythmic stops but it’s just not there in terms of timing. Very loose, like an open window.

Songwriting: 1/5

Really struggling to find a voice in this bounty full of ideas. I really like what you’re trying to do but there is a disjointed feel to the early part of the song. Really begins to develop but the real issue is the rap/word/screams/singing medley that actually brought down the overall instrumentation.

Creativity: 2.5/5

Like the fool of King Crimson’s court? You’re attempts to fuse a few prog ideas is welcome and there are a few very nice transitions - particularly with the last two ‘movements’ the samba piano was really nice and the jazzy drum outro was well placed. What brought this down was poor guitar - too muddy.

Stage Presence/Entertainment Value: 2/5

I was watching a deer in headlights - relax, mr bass! It felt like every band member was in their own world just clashing with one another.

Overall: 9/25

Pro, but not prog!

Musicianship/skill: 2/5

Drummer is playing like he’s got somewhere to be - either you’re a bad judge of tempo or you want to wrap this up quickly! Keys are solid - solo really cut through and great accompaniment alongside the melody. Vocals were ‘alight’ - didn’t astound or offend poor Thompson. Strains on the high notes a little though. Bass sounds overly compressed and comes off dull and forgettable.

Professionalism: 3.5/5

Sorry for the false start, but you handled it like champs +1. As a unit I think you’re having fun but I’d just like to see more time spent levelling yourselves than launching into the music - the acoustic guitar was hollow and flat and the drums overhit everything. Your style doesn’t warrant such attack.

Songwriting: 2.5/5

1st song was about 40 years late for this competition - maybe you’d score higher back then? Then again… did you actually write a song about baking and dating? 2nd song was instantly forgettable. OK. You hit your stride with the 3rd song - I really dig this -> comes together like a ben folds five song! ENERGY!

Creativity: 2.5/5

So you’re like, hey let’s do something like ‘Bare Naked Ladies’? But you end up sounding like ‘Smash mouth’? The road long travelled with your ideas - no dynamics, ploddy rhythm section, uninspired melodies. Sorry, but not sorry.

Stage Presence/Entertainment Value: 2.5/5

You get a point for saying ‘this song was written by Paddy’, then playing something completely different over him! Watch the levels! Wasn’t feeling very inspired watching the first two songs - but you all warmed up by the second half!

Overall: 13/25

A jolly hand bopper - well done - got some great ideas just need to tighten up the levels and harmonise more!

Musicianship/skill: 4.5/5

Now this is a band that knows what it’s doing - that bass, what a tone - just a treat to watch. Guitarist knows his levels and doesn’t overplay his obvious skill + nice use of the envelope filter - funky. Piano adds that missing piece but would love to hear it more in the mix. Horns a little lost in the mix. Drums… in the pocket. That snare!

Professionalism: 4,5/5

Well practiced - the proof is in the pudding! Watch the cheeky unplugging at the end. You all look and act like a band and no problems here.

What an accomplished set of songs - solid/traditional song structures but damn is it pulled off to a T. Great melodies, really rising vocals that got everyone moving. Constructively it is just too ‘obvious’ - I know where it’s going and this kind of set only gets you so far. As a whole though, just YES.

Tower of Power - Snarky Puppy - a real motown vibe - just feeling the vibes. Nothing stand out - but with the style who cares!

Stage Presence/Entertainment Value: 4.5/5

Well that was great, how’d you fit so many of you on stage? Sax man loved it, we loved it, but why’d he wear the adidas t-shirt? Really like giving all the singers a moment, a small touch that says a lot about you all.

Overall: 21/25

I think this is the record for the most band members in a heat!

Artist: Shortwave

Musicianship/skill: 4/5

Fuck, what a crunchy tone - off to a rocky start with the riff but wow when it comes together - a true assault on the senses! Channelling a bit of Robert Plant, great styling to the voice and melody. Guitars are on point - work so well together for a really beefy tone. Bass does well but there is a noticeable lack in attack - old strings? Solo is sweet - a mere half second of lost time when the band lose time.

Professionalism: 4.5/5

You mean business and don’t fuck about and yet you’re having fun. Really loved this. On/off no probs. What let it down was a touch of levels issues.

This is Alt-rock’s dirty perverted cousin. Your songs drive every riff and every melody forward with a wall of sound. Great use of dynamics and letting the riffs cut through. Fun and fucking narly \m/.

Creativity: 5/5

I really like the hard rock and prog ideas - like a meaner version of ‘Queens of the Stone Age’. Great inclusion of mixed time signatures, a sweet little rhythm in the 2nd song. Honestly thought I could be listening to Led Zep in the Vikings song - nice use of the immigrant song lyric!

Stage Presence/Entertainment Value: 4/5

Who doesn’t want to rock out to this!? What a treat. What a fucking force to be reckoned with. A lot of energy and following a tough act as well.

Overall: 21.5/25

You guys have shed any thought I had of you before, wow - really, really come into your own and I want to have these songs recorded!

Tape echo? Loving it, oh and e-bow! Watch the attack - have you got compression on it? Respect! Bass locked in with the kick and holding your own melody - great! Drums are something special - great dynamics.

What an end - one of the most professionally polished sets I’ve ever seen. I felt I was missing something but I can’t place it.

The composition is phenomenal - just sitting on the right beats creates the effect you’re after as the guitar builds and drops. Watching a master class in delay here - I would pay to see this! Songs don’t on longer than they have to and the crescendos are POWERFUL.

Sigur Ros post-rock dreamscape masterpiece. 1st song absolutely breathtaking. Cool pre-recording really adds a nice touch, but nothing new in the 2nd. Wow I’ve heard a lot of this but again this was so unreal.

Stage Presence/Entertainment Value: 3.5/5

Just hypnotic, utterly stunned. You were a band and you did your thing. Should the bass have held centre stage though? Maybe better on the left of the audience. Nitpicking here.

Overall: 21.5/25

I cannot call this!

Places:

1st: Shortwave

3rd: Clapham Watch

5th: Rainbow Rhythms

6th: Prosaic Mosaic

Posted 28 Jan 2017, 2:11 a.m.

Judge: Thompson

Musicianship/Skill: 4/5

Drums: Clearly highly competent – rocking hard, tasty fills & great time(timing?)

Guitar: Great job on the strings & solid command of pedals – you know it well & execute perfectly (off duff note later on though!)

Bass: Nice – great pick & slap, and intonation is a delight

Guitar/vox: Rhythm work is good, but vox leave a lot to be desired – pitchy.

Dynamics are off & screams poorly controlled.

On slick & the performance comes off with an air of professionalism. Very well rehearsed, banter is appropriately restrained and you come across as if you’ve been doing this for years whether you have or not. 15:06 nailed it. -0.5 for cable pull though – fool! Put the drums back to righty though – top effort & very in spirit – nice one.

Song 1: Very well constructed musically though lyrically forgettable.

Song 2: Nice opening riff, and again it’s a well built song. Vocal work is still letting me down a touch though. Lovely break towards the end & slick as fuck. Great fade ending & pulled off well.

Song 3: Another banger – some really great melodies & effects are great.

This is not breaking any new ground, and you’re not building a genre here, but what you are doing is done very well. The set is well crafted & a lot of thought has gone into this. You’ve built a great sound & you clearly love it, which is a pleasure to judge and watch.

Stage presence/Entertainment value: 4.5/5

Very much looking the part up there – great crowd interaction and you’re rockin’. You guys know what you’re doing & you look great doing it, Loads of cohesion, particularly amongst the rhythm section – this is great.

Overall: 21.5

Musically this isn’t my thing, but you’ve put a lot of work into it & you deliver with passion, which is what’s important. Tighten up vocally and lyrically, and you’ll have something special here.

Ranking: 4th

Musicianship/Skill: 3/5

Drums: Simplistic with the occasional flare, mostly in time. Some nice fills

Keys: A little shaky & following the guitar – doesn’t add a lot most of the time. Sax is much better & provides a rare delight in this set. Keys get better throughout the set.

Bass/vox: Bass is ok, nothing special, and vox are inaudible. Growls awful & don’t fit al all.

Guitar/vox: Some nice bits but mostly rocky guitar work. Vox are not projected at all and generally out of tune.

Professionalism: 1/5

Loud on-stage tuning to start…lots of fucking about pre-set – come on guys. Weird little bassist conduct-in at the start. Primary school instruments are a poor gimic. At one point we tried singing to see if we were louder than you. We were. 14:30 is good.

Songwriting: 0/5

Song 1: Forgettable, and what the fuck happened when the instruments stopped. Transitions are painful – not finished stylistically and this is more a collection of chunks than a song. Just kept on going…will this ever end? Actually I think it’s getting a bit better as we reach minute 12. Oh – nope. Not a song.

Creativity: 1/5

So I think you’re going for prog, but it’s awfully put together and the music doesn’t have a clue what’s going on. There are some lovely ideas in bits of this but you haven’t brought it together at all.

Stage presence/Entertainment value: 2/5

Straight away the crowd doesn’t care, and you don’t really recover this. Comes across as very nervous & the room can smell your fear. Needs a lot more work to get stage-ready really.

Overall: 7/25

By the end, I’d realised your drummer & keys are actually really quite good, but the way you tried to bring this together was frankly abysmal. Not sure what just happened, but I don’t think anyone really enjoyed it (most notably – you guys, and that is upsetting L ) Have a re-think and spend some more time crafting!

Ranking: 6th

Musicianship: Skill: 3/5

Drums: Reeks of competency – very nice. Power on point & beats are cracking.

Keys/vox: Keys are fantastic – lovely job. Vox are a little too quiet to hear. I hear you in song 4 – ok, but pitch often off. Nice rhythm

Acoustic/vox: Acoustic work is simple but very competent. Vox aren’t great, but the effort is there.

SG/Vox: Simple bass work but it fits. Vox not so hot, vocal harmonies tend to grate.

Professionalism: 3.5/5

Forgetting the exec hiccup (0/5) professionalism is pretty solid. Shy at 12:30. Banter was of the right length & not over-worked.

Songwriting: 3/5

Song 1: I rather like this – I can’t really make out the lyrics but it sound like ‘Christmas time’. Could be an Xmas hit.

Song 2: Comedy lyrics with a nice intro. Pleasantly inoffensive & the guys in front of us are dancing Great keys – I’m smiling.

Song 3: Still smiling. Solid but end is a little ropey.

Song 4: Not so well put-together – ‘This was written by Paddy’ *Paddy starts singing* *Band plays over Paddy*

Folky bobbins, but pretty original & has some lovely elements. Nice sound, and crafted well through the set.

Stage presence/Entertainment value: 3.5/5

Cheeky bake-off story. Love it. Stylistically, these songs desire a bold performance & you don’t quite deliver, but you’re putting plenty into it& I think you just about pull it off. Crowd is very much enjoying it.

Overall: 16/25

I really enjoyed this – it’s a way from perfect & I think you’ll benefit from some more rehearsal time, but lots of potential. Keep this going.

Ranking: 5th.

Musicianship/Skill: 5/5

Shit me there’s loads of you. Ok I’m judging in chunks.

Musicians: You’re all very skilled, well blended & brilliantly executed.

Horns: On point all round – great pitching & a delight to hear.

Vox: Lead is excellent & harmonies giving me chills. Fantastic.

Looks fucking pro from the get-go. Musicianship all around adds to the professional show. Banter reeks with professionalism. Everything is screaming pro-perfect.

Song 1: Excellent. Ending basically gets me off.

Song 2: Great ballad. And beautiful Motown vibes. Vox & keys are standout. I wish the horns cut through the mix a touch more, but not your fault. Perfect ending.

The one failing in this set is that the sound is not new – it’s derivative, but that’s what you’re going for & the execution is utterly nailed. I’m in Detroit in the late 70’s and I love it. You won’t break the charts with this sound (a few years late), but this is excellent.

It’s getting there, but the front & backing could give a little more to fit the style – own the stage to up your game. Band is fucking loving it & a pleasure to watch. Great cohesion.

Overall: 23.5/5

This was utterly brilliant, and if you guys decide to hold together & incorporate some modern elements you’ll have a huge pro career – please don’t though – it’ll spoil the purity of your sound it’s brilliant as is.

Ranking: 2nd

Artist: Wortshave

Drums: Guitars are loud as fuck & the punch is lacking as a result – otherwise very solid.

SG/Vox: Guitar is great & I can’t see a dropped note. Vox harmony needs a little work.

Strat/vox: Great riff work and vox are tasty in a Ronnie James Dio sort of way & very nice.

Bass: Nice tone & adds some tasty metal to the Shortwave brand of rock – sweet.

Very slick & didn’t succumb to over-working it this time around – good job & much improved on that front. Intro to song 3 is a little studenty though, and you let yourselves down a touch with this,

Songwriting: 4.5/5

Song 1: Sludged out a little in the opener & didn’t transition well into verse – otherwise very cool.

Song 2: A little less developed (I know this is an older song, it’s indicative of your improvement over time). Solid effort though & it’s still good.

Song 3: Hello Dio. Nice breakdown & excellent solo work. Hey Hey Hey a tad sloppy though.

Mmm – surfy opener, but quickly gets heavier. A variation on your earlier sound & you’ve incorporated some new ideas which is great to see. It’s still not a new genre though and that prevents a top mark here.

Bass has the best chops, but the other give it plenty. Could lost yourselves a little more to the mosh, but you’re almost there. Drums is so fucking chuffed to be here right now & that’s awesome.

Overall: 22.5/25

Never ditch that shirt man – it’s your sound boiled down to a piece of dodgy fabric Lovely to see you guys take this to the next level this year & you’re still loving it. So far since that jam-night Dire Straits cover! SG’s guitar face cracks me up every time- love you guys

Drums: Nice power, nice beats, great variation & all around very solid

Guitar (Ed): Flawless command of effects & playing is without fault

Guitar (Jake): Bang on – nailed it. Great blend amongst you & all very good

Bass: Excellent rhythm section lock – mostly simple playing but great tone

Seamlessly pro – a lot of effects going on & you’ve nailed them all. You could interact a little more as a band, but criticising you is nigh on impossible. 15:20 – boom

Song 1: Nice opening effect, and this builds so well. WOW SOUNDSCAPE. Very well crafted piece. Rim work on the drums is a great touch & fits brilliantly into the mix.

Song 2: More great building of soundscapes, a brilliant piece of music.

Creativity: 5/5

This is something really fucking cool – it’s original, it’s lovingly crafted and it’s a delight to hear – wow.

Stage presence/Entertainment value: 4/5

Vocal silence, but the crowd (and judges) are totally enthralled – this is not easy & you pulled it off. A deliberately introverted performance & you’re giving it your all when it’s big & holding back when it’s small – great.

Overall: 24/25

Pulling this off was seriously hard and you absolutely slayed it. Lost myself so much in your sound that I fell over – nearly died. What a perfect end to the best heat in years.

Ranking: 1st

Places:

2nd: Clapham Watch

3rd: Shortwave

5th: Rainbow Rhythms

6th: Prosaic Mosaic

Final Scores:

1st: Lift Club (2 + 1.5 + 1 = 4.5)

2nd: Shortwave (2 + 1.5 + 3 = 6.5)

3rd: Clapham Watch (2 + 3 + 2 = 7)

4th: Cousins (4 + 4 + 4 = 12)

5th: Prosaic Mosaic (5 + 5 + 5 = 15)

6th: Rainbow Rhythms (6 + 6 + 6 = 18)

Posted 28 Jan 2017, 8:28 a.m.

Jesus.

Had the person who pulled the jack lead out (heard it at heat and wondered if it would matter) in Clapham just muted the amp/keyboard they would have got 5 for professionalism from botch pushing them into joint first and gotten second. That's how close it was!

Posted 28 Jan 2017, 8:56 a.m.

Similarly, if they'd gotten into it just a little more I'd have given 5 for stage presence and they'd have moved into joint first for me. It's a brutal competition!

Posted 28 Jan 2017, 10:47 a.m.

well goodness gracious me

Absolutely ridiculous heat to be a part of, I'm very much in awe of how much talent was on show and as has been said, I did not envy the judges having to make those decisions!! 

Feeling ever so grateful to be playing the final, but more than anything we were so glad that everyone seemed to enjoy our music as much as we did !

( :

Posted 28 Jan 2017, 11:23 a.m.

Connor! You've missed out an entire paragraph on musicianship that I wrote for Rainbow Rhythms, please turn over the page :D

Also your autocorrect pains me... 'backing' = baking, and a few missed words dotted about! But great job typing everything up :)

Posted 28 Jan 2017, 11:29 a.m.

^Missed para was my fault, sorry! 

Posted 28 Jan 2017, 12:10 p.m.

Pretty damn impressed that Botch noticed this; the E and A strings on my bass are actually over 10 years old now. 

Forgive me Father for I have sinned.

Posted 28 Jan 2017, 12:26 p.m.

When will the RaW recordings be up? I can actually only think of 3 BotB nights I've missed over my 7 years here and unfortunately the ultimate heat of death was one of them :(