Previous 1 2 3 4 5 .. 9 Next
Posted 26 Feb 2017, 3:50 p.m.

Relax Blakeyboy, I said or.

Also, just for the sake of fun, can we see a graph with carlotta's scores included

Posted 26 Feb 2017, 4:12 p.m.

for the sake of WHAT???

Posted 26 Feb 2017, 4:26 p.m.

I want to see Data of how many people read his reviews. 

Posted 26 Feb 2017, 4:47 p.m.

I never knew that anyone else saw me as the data monkey - I mean I had the database of band names for the radio show quiz and I kept spreadsheets of the last 3 BOTBs but I never showed anyone. Why did I never think to post any graphs? Good work Joe.

I just want to drop one more data thing if people think it's the right time for it: between 2014 and 2016, I found 2 cases of judges making mistakes when adding up scores which resulted in bands switching places in the standings. 

The lower-impact mistake happened in heat 3 in 2016. Botch, when adding up his scores for Untamed Americas, made 3+3+2.5+3.5+3=14, when it should have been 15. This dropped UA from joint 2nd with Instinct down to 4th in his standings. This turned

3rd: Untamed Americas: 2.5 + 2 + 5 = 9.5

4th: Instinct: 2.5 + 4.5 + 3 = 10

into

3rd: Instinct: 2 + 4.5 + 3 = 9.5

4th: Untamed Americas: 4 + 2 + 5 = 11

Instinct ended up getting the wildcard, but since the judges can choose any band for the wildcard, they still could have got it from 4th. Untamed Americas was represented by just their frontman after the other 3 band members dropped out not long before the heat so they/he wouldn't have been the best candidate for the wildcard. 

The other mistake resulted in the wrong band progressing to the next round, which I never mentioned that before because I didn't notice until a year later. One of the bands involved in this mistake is still in this year's competition so I'm not sure if I should give full details until after it ends.

TL;DR: put a calculator on the judges' table

Posted 26 Feb 2017, 5:13 p.m.

OMG HANG THE JUDGES

Posted 26 Feb 2017, 5:15 p.m.

TELL ELIIII

Posted 26 Feb 2017, 5:38 p.m.

Graph of joes shows why finalists/semi finalists are not always the better bands. It was a very odd draw this year... 

Posted 26 Feb 2017, 5:53 p.m.

I have the other story typed up; I'm only holding it back because I don't want any of the semi and/or final judges judging them any differently because of it in case any of them happen to read it

Posted 26 Feb 2017, 6:49 p.m.

Bah, I wouldn't worry about that Eli. I want to know how we fucked up!

Posted 26 Feb 2017, 6:57 p.m.

Excel's graphs are terrible true. But you'd replace those with Origin???