Brooks Men's Launch 8 Running Shoe

Brooks Men's Launch 8 Running Shoe

RRP: £137.22
Price: £68.61
£68.61 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Loved the cushioning most of all!” said another tester. “I have recurring Achilles tendonitis that will get irritated if I run too much in low-profile shoes. These had lots of bounce in the heel, which really helps prevent injury for me.” A much softer blown rubber, a lot of it, was used to create the outsole of the 8 which was definitely felt on the road. The configuration of the pads helped to improve flexibility and let me move cleanly through my stride.

Brooks claims that DNA is the first cushioning technology that dynamically adapts with each foot strike to the ever-changing amount of force placed on the foot during the run. No matter what the age, weight, gender, gait… DNA adapts itself to deliver the right amount of cushioning. The Adrenaline GTS 23 offers a moderate amount of support and a soft, well-cushioned midsole, which makes it a great choice for easy runs and long distance efforts. Cushioned with DNA Loft v2 foam in the midsole, the Adrenaline serves up a highly cushioned heel and firm forefoot. According to Brooks, the Launch has been ‘famous – or infamous? – for bold colours and eye-catching styles’ over the years. In the current Launch 8 line-up, you will indeed find an interesting tie-dye design with a psychedelic flavour for both the lads and ladies and there are some bold neon colourways, too. But you’ll also find versions in more neutral colours and pretty pastels, so there really is something for everyone. This stability feature proved effective on our test runs. “From a pronation control standpoint,” said an overpronating heel striker, “[the Launch GTS] did a great job underfoot and I felt that it provided ample stability.” The moderately cushioned BioMoGo DNA midsole also provided a soft and supportive platform during push off. DNA is the brand’s most basic EVA foam. Its primary attribute is softness, which it brings to entry-level shoes across all three shoe categories. While DNA doesn’t have the pillowy feel or high energy return of Brooks’ more advanced foams, it’s a tried-and-true option that creates dependable cushioning. If you just need a basic trainer and don’t want to spend a lot of money, DNA will work well for you.

In the end, if you are looking for a fast trainer, that’s stable and dependable, durable and light enough for race day, the Launch 8 accomplishes all that. I don’t love the midsole, but they feel nimble and they are a nice improvement from the 7. One last thing to comment on is if you are a winter runner, these shoes didn’t fare too well in our freezer test, with the shoe getting 102% stiffer when cold, which may deter some. Reebok sells the excellent Floatride Energy 3 with an expanded Polyurethane midsole at the same price. Nike sells many models at double-digit prices, and shoes like the Winflo have premier cushioning tech. ( Related read: The best affordable running shoes)

The Hyperion Max is difficult to categorize, but that’s exactly why it’s one of the best Brooks running shoes: It does many things very well. The “max” in Hyperion Max refers to the hefty wedge of nitrogen-infused DNA Flash foam in the shoe’s midsole, which is very light and creates a plush, highly responsive ride. That makes the Hyperion Max an incredible dynamic shoe: You can lace them up for a long, mellow run or put them on for speedwork. Run Happy' is Brooks' motto, and we think with these two shoes in your running armoury you're going to be doing just that. You've now got all your aspects of training covered, from your early week recovery miles, and your long run, to your tempo and VO2 max session.EDITOR’S NOTE: This is a combined review due to the very minor differences between the Launch 8 and Launch GTS 8. For 2021, Brooks has changed the definition of GTS from ‘Go-To-Shoe’ to ‘GuideSole Support.’ In an effort to streamline its offerings, Brooks has eliminated its stability shoe line, opting to pair past models up with existing neutral trainers. Hence, we now have the Launch 8 (neutral trainer) and the Launch GTS 8 (formerly the Brooks Ravenna). The mesh upper provides a snug, secure fit with a tiny bit of stretch for pliability and softness, and I found the updated shape of the padded heel to be a real stand out of the design: the tall elf collar keeps the heel firmly in place and feeling supported without any rubbing, and it also makes it really easy to slide your feet into the shoes. Barnes, A., Wheat, J., & Milner, C. (2008). Association between foot type and tibial stress injuries: a systematic review. British Journal of Sports Medicine, 42(2), 93-98. DNA Loft is formulated to provide a plush ride in “Cushion”-style designs, including Brooks’ trail shoes. It comes in two variations–DNA Loft v2, a rubber-EVA blend, and Loft v3, which is made with a nitrogen-infused rubber-EVA. Maybe I’m not in the right headspace for this shoe, as I received the New Balance FuelCell Rebel v2, a much more responsive shoe, at the same time as the Launch 8. Still, there’s a lot to be desired. Shop Launch 8 – Men Shop Launch 8 – Women Shop Launch GTS 8 – Men Shop Launch GTS 8 – Women Brooks Launch 8 Conclusion

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop