Melissa & Doug Locks & Latches Board Wooden Educational Toy

Melissa & Doug Locks & Latches Board Wooden Educational Toy

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

His birthday's not for a couple of weeks, but I appreciate that it's made from recycled plastic, is cute and colorful, seems well made and I think it'll be fun for him. Kids will delight in discovering what’s hiding behind the locked and latched panels on this wooden playboard and educational toy in one. She ignored most of the people at her sister's birthday party because she was so enticed with this toy!

Doesn't play with it quite as much as I expected, but does play with it a lot, if that makes any sense. My one year old is obsessed with opening doors, so we got this for him to hopefully keep him away from the ones that can pinch his fingers. With so many different ways to play and learn, your child will love spending time with this wooden learning board. Only complaint, the design some locks overlap with some doors and for a child it can become frustrating not understanding the "layers" concept to close this first and open that or move this.The toy seems heavy duty and well made, the latches very solid and make a rather satisfying "clink" when snapped into place. They snuggly fit so you my son really has to use some effort to pull them apart (even when he is correctly trying to unfasten the latch). FSC certification ensures that products come from responsibly managed forests that provide environmental, social, and economic benefits, and that forests are protected for future generations. My twin grandsons are almost 2 and they love puzzles - one is especially geared to figuring out how things work and he absolutely loves this puzzle with all it's different latches.

I purchased this toy along with several others for my 18 month old grandson for Christmas and some to stay at my house. I like how it has numbers, animals, and colors to it so that I can work on teaching her those concepts soon. Anything that involves building continued dexterity, especially in the fingers and the mind is great! Sensory and tactile elements of locks and latches are made of different materials to enrich the perception of small children. My twins (31 months - boy and girl) have played with it extensively so far with no signs of slowing.

Our newsletter has two variations: 1) receive general updates, promotions, special offers and news about products, and 2) a customised subscription that requires more detailed information about you and your child(ren). I do think it’s more fun to have the latches on actual opening doors, so maybe that would be a suggestion for an upgrade in time. We make sure we play with it with him and not unattended for now since it does have some sharp edges.

The only drawback is one of the doors doesn't close completely now that it has been played with A LOT. Definitely not necessary, but kid-projects like these are our favorites, so we like to have fun with them. Talk about the colours, encourage language development and open the door as a reward for getting the correct colour to reveal the animal inside. Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (PACEY) is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales Registered Charity No: 295981 Limited Company No: 02060964 PACEY, Northside House, Third Floor, 69 Tweedy Road, Bromley, Kent, BR1 3WA Copyright PACEY © 2009-2024. We were hoping that our daughter would try to unlatch this toy rather than try to un-babyproof the house.Then I just flicked on my table saw and made one quick cut down a line I made once we determined the desired size.

I also appreciate the sturdy quality (the board has a nice weight to it) and the little pictures of animals inside. this toy is recommended for ages 3 and up, but my 15 month old daughter can open all but one of the latches.We also liked that it would look sort of weathered and authentic that way, like the top of our console table, thanks to using the same method. My son loves to play with puzzles and locks and this latch puzzle is wonderful for him because it lets him play with the locks without possibly hurting himself on doors where the locks normally are.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop