Previous 1 2 3 4 .. 6 Next
Posted 9 Mar 2018, 11:45 a.m.

guilty as charged officer Blake, The Ballad of Election Day is a shameless rip of Carolina Drama.

As for the satire and Arm America, unquestionably the recent incident and the current climate over gun control (or lack of) is terrible. But again Joe hit the nail on the head - we aimed to spoof those that genuinely believe in arming teachers and janitors to combat gun violence. 

Posted 9 Mar 2018, 11:48 a.m.

Aside from that, what a night! Enjoyed every act of the night, the variety and standard was fucking sick despite only having 25 bands in the comp. Tamarack’s set was magical, kudos to the lighting guys as well that disco ball was unreal. 

Posted 9 Mar 2018, 11:50 a.m.

I came from Bulgaria to Warwick University and can I say I am GOBSMACKED at the quality of judge at these most prestigious events. One guy even called me a prick on stage! Pity the jokes on him if he thinks Tamarack the Radio Shack deserve anything more than a rotten fruit to the upper thigh and a comedically timed vaudeville hook from stage right BUT I DIGRESS. The thrust of my comment pertains to the incredibly low brow taste of the judges, rather than trying to grind TamaRapAttackORELSEJumpBackJAckACK down into the dirt (Even that can't hurt, half of the band have another band), not to mention the fact that the lead keyboard was actually pretty solid (could probably up the quality of the band three fold if he kicked everyone bar himself, I guess then he'd probably break the scoring system for BOTB by scoring 1500% of the possible marks rather than just 95% (subtracted by 5% for realism (reminiscent of the Russian Elections))) BUT I REGRESS. The PDF Pascals or whatever the fuck were the best, you couldn't hear any of the lyrics which can only be a positive within the student band scene. Tambourine Attack might win this year, But next year is The Year Of The Hawk  

Posted 9 Mar 2018, 11:58 a.m.

The above comment is consistent with my experience of the band last night.

Posted 9 Mar 2018, 12:02 p.m.

Can confirm, next year is my year. On another note, I actually quite enjoyed Tamarack, but the stand out for me were the jazz band with the flute and stuff. Made me feel very creative and artsy. Nice one guys. 

Posted 9 Mar 2018, 12:03 p.m.

Band of the Hawk when?

Posted 9 Mar 2018, 12:05 p.m.

When Guts comes back. 

Posted 9 Mar 2018, 12:26 p.m.

Read the latest volume - came out yday

Posted 9 Mar 2018, 1:51 p.m.

Regarding the satire: I didn’t really think it came across well. I get what you were trying to do, but I didn’t really see the satire and maybe that was just because the execution was poor.

Regarding the random guy who I called a prick, you are most definitely are a prick based on the drivel you’ve just written.

Posted 9 Mar 2018, 1:53 p.m.

Eyy, I’m glad people picked up on the fact that The Ballad of Election Day was a parody of Carolina Drama. But yeah, Haystack essentially decided to sacrifice any chance of winning and just have some fun on stage and we all had a great time, so we regret nothing.