Posted 24 Apr 2018, 6:54 p.m.

Hi,

For those who don't know me, I joined Bandsoc back in 2005 and hung around until 2014 or so. During that time I reached the semi-finals of BotB three times with the bands arrowcat (formerly fourth wave) and Not Right, as well as spending a year as social sec for my sins.

I've kept playing since leaving - I'm currently the trumpet player in ska-punk band Codename Colin. 90's style ska with a bouncy, party vibe to it, fun times!

We've been shortlisted to play the Rock Sound Breakout stage at Slam Dunk next month, which would be HUGE for us. I mean, look at that line-up! We've got through to the final five bands out of a couple of hundred, and all we need to secure the gig now is more votes than the other four bands.

Please could you click through to http://bit.ly/VoteColin and vote for Codename Colin to play Slam Dunk? Let's get some Bandsoc representation on that stage!

If you'd like to check us out, we released a cover of Bowling For Soup's '1985' in February. We tried to recreate the video for it as well, but didn't quite have the same budget to work with!

Originals-wise, there's the lead track from the mini-album we released last year:

Posted 25 Apr 2018, 7:30 a.m.

Done mate, good luck!

Posted 26 Apr 2018, 8:52 p.m.

Cheers dude!

Posted 27 Apr 2018, 11:26 a.m.

done. The lineup this year is so good

Posted 27 Apr 2018, 8:54 p.m.

Thanks Mike! And yeah, bloody sick lineup so far! (Could get even better...?) Reel Big Fish/Goldfinger/Zebrahead was the lineup for the first gig I ever went to, they're all playing the Fireball stage and in that order too. Hell of a nostalgia trip.

(Also, Mike, I half expected you to mention the time I was on the other side of a public vote for a gig, back in 2011... :D )

Posted 17 May 2018, 9:51 p.m.

Hey, quick update on this now the competition's over...

WE WON!!!

Massive thanks to anyone who voted for us or spread the word, can't wait until next weekend now!

Posted 18 May 2018, 7:03 a.m.

Rad! Enjoy Snowy!