Deathconsciousness

Deathconsciousness

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Bleeping noises from what may well be a metronome wake the listener up from this pit and in comes the in comes the instrumentally heavy doom-inspired 'There Is No Food', as it parts bringing disc one, 'The Plow That Broke The Plains' to a conclusion. Band member Dan Barrett was quoted as saying, "The lyrics were written simultaneously with the songs, though I tend to work in scraps... I'm constantly writing, then culling pieces that I think fit the music to build entire songs around. At the time I had a job where I would have to be into work at 4:30 in the morning, alone in a giant building, at a desk in front of a giant window. I wrote reams and reams during that time." [9] Regarding how the project came to fruition, Barrett remarked that "We didn’t have a grand plan for it. A couple things ended up happening. We were recording songs and we had a bunch of stuff we didn’t know what to do with. We had a lot of material always because we would just get together and always write new stuff, and never work on the old stuff. I think it started coming together as a project, like my dad passed away and I think that sort of threw things sharply into focus." [2] TIM MACUGA This year was sort of a milestone — in that I was asked to sign copies of it by students at my school. That's the extent to which it's encroached on my life.

MACUGA I think it's gonna happen, though it's different when you become this cultural item in a school. A stand-up comedian friend of mine once said that public school teachers are the world's shittiest celebrities because everyone knows you in this very small bubble. BARRETT First, I was wondering what we could use in the public domain since we didn't have any money. Like a lot of things we do creatively, the way it starts is there's just something we think is cool, and then we'll build on that and make it fit. Rather than saying, "Here's what I want to say, what are all the great pieces of art that might fit?" It's much more instinctual than that. I'm responding to it in some way and asking why I like it so much. A lot of stuff that people resonated with on Deathconsciousness — if we had sat down and decided to make it a super depressing thing that people are gonna resonate with, we could never do it. You can't do it on purpose: you have to do it by accident, almost by definition. You can't just think it through and break it into its pieces. a b c d e f "Have a Nice Life's 'Deathconsciousness' Is the Next Greatest Album of All Time". Vice. 2014-11-24.

Release

DADLY, WOW. WELL, I WOULD SAY YOU'RE NOT INTIMIDATING AT ALL. DEATHCONSCIOUSNESS CAME OUT RIGHT AFTER I GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL. SO IF YOU HAD BEEN MY TEACHER, I WOULD HAVE BEEN THAT REALLY INQUISITIVE STUDENT: "WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? WHAT IS THIS IS THIS THEME?" I FEEL LIKE THERE'S ANOTHER ME OUT THERE THAT WILL EVENTUALLY FIND THEIR WAY INTO YOUR CLASSROOM. Have a Nice Life "Deathconsciousness" DLP reissue Pre-sale INFO". The Flenser. 2014-07-02. Archived from the original on 2014-10-01 . Retrieved 2014-09-23. A record of truly epic proportions...a new standard-bearer for what can be accomplished with two people." - 24 Hour Party Pooper MACUGA I think looking at or listening to what I've been doing lately, there's a new structural muse I've been following. It's kind of like the Mulholland Drive of song structures, where it'll just be something completely different with a tenuous thematic link for the second half of the song, but the catharsis comes from a complete rug pull. Like it almost shouldn't even be the same song because it's an abrupt turn. It follows a similar feeling in an abstract way. It's something I've been experimenting with, like how do I get to a different place by going to a very different place? Gordon, Arielle (November 12, 2019). "Have a Nice Life: Sea of Worry". Pitchfork. Archived from the original on 2019-11-12 . Retrieved 2021-01-11.

With Sea of Worry, we had written a bunch of demos the traditional way, but it took us longer because we were meeting up less often. Then when we were performing live, we wanted to incorporate the guys who were in the live band. The front half of Sea of Worry is the full band lineup, and that was a very different kind of process. They met, they recorded, and they gave me the songs to do the vocals on. I would work on the vocals by myself, then I would ship them off to get mixed. That was kind of like this weird transitional period. MACUGA I hope. I mean I can tell a student, "Excellent work, you should be very proud of what you've done." And they won't believe me because of how stoic and dadly I deliver the line. Have A Nice Life - "Deathconsciousness" (Repress)". Enemies List Home Recordings. Archived from the original on 2013-02-21. It was the perfect time to dive into this album, as it’s title perfectly described my condition at this time of night. This is an album that takes you abroad, somewhere dark and gloomy, but warm and soothing nonetheless.

Follow Us

Deathconsciousness' to Doge Memes: Have a Nice Life Revisit Cult-Classic Album". Revolver. 2021-08-10 . Retrieved 2022-10-31. Have A Nice Life, has, at seperate times during this recording, included Thao, Brian, Will and Cody. Translucent 'Coke Bottle' Clear & Translucent 'Olive' Green Butterfly w/ Gold Splatter (Newbury Comics Exclusive) Goodridge, Hayden (2019-08-27). "Have a Nice Life Announce New Album Sea of Worry, Share Lead Single". Paste. Archived from the original on 2021-01-13 . Retrieved 2021-01-11. Sets a rather high bar for what new or little known bands are capable of producing on their own" - scenepointblank

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop