Invincible Volume 1: Family Matters (Invincible, 1)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

In 2007, Brit was launched as an ongoing full-color series written by Bruce Brown, with artwork by Cliff Rathburn. The series was overseen and edited by Robert Kirkman. In late 2007, a two issue mini-series starring Atom Eve was released. George Gene Gustines (July 14, 2008). "A Comic Book Superhero Is Headed to Small Screens– NYTimes.com". NYTimes/com. Archived from the original on July 5, 2015 . Retrieved May 3, 2015. Publication history [ edit ] Ryan Ottley, Robert Kirkman and Cory Walker at Lucca Comics & Games 2018. In July 2023, during San Diego Comic-Con, it was announced that Skybound Games and Ubisoft would release a mobile game based on the series, entitled Invincible: Guarding the Globe, with a release date yet to be determined. [18] That same month, it was announced that Skybound Games and Terrible Posture Games were developing a visual novel/ turn-based RPG entitled Invincible Presents: Atom Eve which released on Steam and Epic Games Store on November 14, 2023. [19]

Komodo Dragon: A member of the Lizard League with super-strength. He was killed when he bit off Rex Sloan's explosive hand. I suppose there's nothing wrong with having a superhero comic that follows the general conventions; I mean, if it ain't broke, right? The issues lay elsewhere than the many cliches. Anissa: A Viltrumite who was infatuated with Invincible to the point that she raped him and gave birth to their son, Marky. Nolan Grayson: Mark's father, Debbie's husband, and formerly the greatest superhero of Earth known as Omni-Man.This collection is about a teenage boy who discovers his super powers and decides to be a force of good. This is written by the author of The Walking Dead and his take on the superhero genre. On the eighth episode of Season 6 of The Walking Dead, during the first scene, four Minimates action figures of the characters Invincible, Allen the Alien, Atom Eve, and Omni-Man are shown in Sam Anderson's room. Carl and the other kids in Alexandria periodically read Invincible comic books as well. [22] In Season 11, episode 18, RJ is seen reading Invincible Vol. 12: Still Standing. Robert Kirkman, co-creator of Invincible, is the co-creator of The Walking Dead comic book series that originated the TV series, also acting as executive producer for the show. One of the greatest strengths of Invincible is its ability to subvert traditional superhero tropes while simultaneously paying homage to them. Kirkman skillfully crafts a universe where superheroes exist, complete with colorful costumes and extraordinary abilities, but he takes the genre to new heights by delving into the consequences and emotional weight that come with being a hero.

Invincible Compendium Volume 1 collects the initial chapters of Robert Kirkman's groundbreaking superhero saga, Invincible. This massive volume serves as an ideal starting point for readers looking to immerse themselves in a world filled with complex characters, intense action, and thought-provoking storytelling.

Synopsis: The first volume of Robert Kirkman’s superhero series focuses on teen Mark Grayson who is just discovering his superpowers and learning to exert them while balancing everyday life. Rex Splode: Former member of the Teen Team and the Guardians of the Globe who can make objects explode by charging kinetic energy. He sacrificed himself to kill a hostile alternate-dimension Invincible. Mark Grayson is a normal high school senior with a normal part-time job whose father, Nolan Grayson, is an extraterrestrial of the planet Viltrum (with humanoid forms similar to Kryptonians) known as Omni-Man, the most powerful superhero on the planet. At age seventeen, Mark begins to display super powers as a result of his Viltrumite ancestry. According to Nolan, the Viltrumite race pioneers the entire cosmos on a mission of benevolence and enlightenment.

Family Matters opens with Invincible (i.e. a kid named Mark Grayson) averting disaster by throwing a suicide bomber into the air over Antarctica the before his bomb detonates. Rewinding four months prior, we learn that Mark is the son of extraterrestrial superhero Omni-Man (i.e. successful novelist Nolan Grayson) and stay-at-home wife Deborah Grayson. One afternoon, while on the job as a fast food employee, Mark suddenly realizes that he has inherited his father's superpowers (including enhanced strength, speed, and flight). Giddy with excitement, Mark dons his new costume and makes his official debut as Invincible by foiling an armed robbery in his city. On the surface this is yet another Superhero comics , but with a bit of changes added in. Those said changes reminded me of the movie Incredibles . Although it's not a ditto plot it has a bit of similarities with Mark , the titular character , being born into a family with a Super Dad. Aquarus: A fish-like member of the original Guardians of the Globe with aquakinesis. Killed by Omni-Man.There's a charming feel about the book , with a look into a adolescent boy dealing with normal high school stuff and in the mean time acquiring super powers and starting his new job as the amateur superhero.

The art was pretty bad TBH. I really didn’t dig the art style. I’ll put it this way, I probably could’ve drawn this book... there’s a reason I want to write comics, not draw them. Space Racer: A technopathic member of the Coalition of Planets whose gun has blasts that can harm Viltrumites and rides a hover-cycle. Battle Beast: First appearing as one of Machine Head's several henchmen, a white lion-like alien. He is later released from imprisonment on the Viltrumite Prison Warship where Allen the Alien and Omni-Man were held, and Allen the Alien used his insatiable lust for battles to coax him into helping in their jailbreak.

Cover A

Dupli-Kate: Former Member of the Teen Team and the Guardians of the Globe, creates an army of duplicates of herself. The Guardians of the Globe: A superhero team. Most of the original incarnation was brutally killed by Omni-Man causing another incarnation to be formed.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop