Pay to play can get fucked. Nice one.

Posted 1 Dec 2017, 8:33 p.m.

Yeah but Snowy, THE ORDINARY BOYS. 

Posted 1 Dec 2017, 8:54 p.m.

No.

Posted 3 Dec 2017, 4:45 p.m.

Fight the bastards Snowy!

Posted 4 Dec 2017, 8:18 a.m.

I'm not sure you all understand. THE ORDINARY BOYS.

Posted 7 Dec 2017, 10:47 p.m.

honestly Absent Kelly are such a scam. An appropriate response 

Posted 8 Dec 2017, 10:13 a.m.

they are appalling. I remember the Nurse Joy One - it was a disaster and we literally paid to play.

We did it as Chico last year and actually made a lot of money (helps when there are 78 of you in the Band). They offered us a second gig and we said only if we don’t have to buy the tickets to which they surprisingly said yes. We never did gig with them again as we found another far more moral outfit: HotVox. They don’t have pay to pay but they do expect you to bring peoples - so far it’s always gone well for us and we’re pretty happy with the relationship.

Moral of the story avoid absent Kelly at all costs - unless you have a very long game plan and know you bring a lot of people so you never have to pay them again. Having said that, we still wouldn’t ever wanna play with them again as they just clump artists together without much thought...

Posted 11 Dec 2017, 7:06 a.m.

Yeah HotVox are better.

Am I making it up or did Ruth put a list together of legit promoters way back? 

Posted 11 Dec 2017, 7:57 a.m.

Promoter also to avoid: Symptomatic - remember that gig Nurse played in the Underbelly in Hoxton, where they put us on a bill between a house DJ and an indy band, and the "amp" they provided was a shit off-brand 5W practice jobby? There was literally no-one in the audience expect our friends either (I think Mike, Craig, Crossley, Ard, etc.?) - so much for Symptomatic being "promoters"

Posted 11 Dec 2017, 9:03 p.m.

Was there bro, I do remember.