Previous 1 .. 680 681 682
Posted 2 Aug 2018, 2:06 p.m.

For me, I always forget how fucking good Hoon Army where. Hoon Army anyone? Some of Jamie Pett's best work

Hoon Army man, great band.

Thanks Adams! That's very kind of you. I'm now listening back to the recordings... We definitely weren't tight but Hoon was a mightly talented singer and songwriter. And it was mighty fun to mess around to experimental spoken word jazz (as well as blues, and our Jeff Buckley and Frank Turner-esque numbers).

I think we only ever played twice - in the heat and final of BOTB 2011. Fun fact: I was running for Socs Officer in the Sabb elections during the heat and got in trouble for using my platform as Bandsoc Pres to gently mention to people that they might want to consider voting for me.

In related news, I'm in Kuala Lumpur for a week for work right now, and have been eating lots of Rambutan.

Oh, and one more thing... I turn 30 in September and was thinking of having a big open jam to celebrate. It'll be somewhere in London in the middle weekend of September probably. I've been trying to catch up with Ardeshir and Becca Cole (separately, they haven't gotten married) so reckon they'd come along, as well as Yanik and the rest of the Black Dogs. Anyone fancy joining? (and/or have recommendations for a good studio for this?)

Posted 4 Aug 2018, 10:04 a.m.

That sounds grand Jamie, I'm in - let's all go!

Posted 7 Aug 2018, 7:13 p.m.

Think I'm away then, otherwise I'd have been there. Be sure to make a racket for me! :D

(Also, early Happy Birthday to you!)

Posted 14 Aug 2018, 11:31 p.m.

Jamie I’ll be there with bells on

Posted 15 Aug 2018, 8:59 p.m.

Awesome - I'll get in touch when I've figured out where and when it'll be.

Posted 19 Sep 2018, 9:13 a.m.

unpopular opinion: I think BoJack horseman is better than Rick and Morty