Missing Pieces: The gripping and unputdownable Sunday Times bestseller 2021

Missing Pieces: The gripping and unputdownable Sunday Times bestseller 2021

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The story is set in two timelines. The time before and what led her up to her present predicament. And Detective Frank Travis who is dealing with cold cases which involves searching for Rebekah and her brother Johnny. Her brother - Johnny wants to be a historical writer and has made an appointment on "Crow Island" to meet a local historian and asks "Bek" to go with him. At first she is apprehensive about leaving her two daughters for the day and then decides that it may be good to get away from everything for the day and agrees to go with Johnny. Bek" goes on a night out with an old university friend and finds herself in the morning in another man's bed, but not remembering how she got there. Daniel Foley seems like a nice guy and tells her a bit about himself, but 'Bek" feels guilty and doesn't see him again.

The Last Goodbye - Penguin Books UK

What he does know is that he retires in one week - and if he doesn't find out where Louise went, no one will . . . Author Tim Weaver is one of my favourite authors and I love the ‘David Raker’ series so have been looking forward to this one for some time. This book is a standalone novel that took me a while to get to grips with but certainly improved all the way to the very end. Well written and some excellent characters together with a gripping thought out plot. Missing Pieces is not part of Weaver’s David Raker series, but is a stand alone novel about a New York woman, Rebekah Murphy, who becomes stranded on the fictional Crow Island, which is one hundred miles off the American coast and left uninhabited over the winter months. She goes to the island with her brother Jonny out of a sense of obligation, and also to forget about her crumbling marriage for awhile. But when she gets there something goes wrong, and the book opens with her frantically trying to find Jonny and get off the island. Meanwhile detective Frank Travis is trying to find a missing woman, Louise Mason, who vanished into thin air three months ago. With only a few weeks left before he retires, Frank is determined to find out what happened to Louise. I would like to thank Netgalley and Penguin Michael Joseph UK for an advance copy of Missing Pieces, a stand-alone thriller set, mostly on Crow Island off the coast of New York.

Retailers:

This novel by Tim Weaver is like a jigsaw puzzle. There are so many strands to the plot that must be fitted together to understand what is happening to Rebekah. The story is told from different standpoints and in different time zones. Mostly, it is clear where and when the story is taking place, but at times it was a little confusing. I think the author portrayed Rebekah’s emotional state well as she learned to cope with her situation. I enjoyed his portrayal of this resilient and brave woman. This book has blown me away! I read it in a day as I physically couldn't put it down. An absolute must-read for everyone' 5***** Reader Review The author is again writing about his favourite topic, missing people. But this time the search is not for someone. We, the readers are with that missing person, Rebekah, the principal character, as she desperately tries to survive on an island deserted out of season, out of communication, bitterly cold and a hundred miles out from Long Island, hoping that she will be found. At the same time, veteran NYPD detective Frank Travis, during his last days before retirement, is trying to discover what happened to artist Louise Mason, who disappeared three months previously. Unbeknownst to both, Detective Travis and Rebekah each hold a missing piece of the same puzzle.

Missing Pieces by Tim Weaver | Waterstones Missing Pieces by Tim Weaver | Waterstones

Frank Travis is a Police Detective he is very close to retiring and would dearly love to resolve the missing persons case of Louise Mason. Time is running out and he fears that when he has retired his replacement will not have the same desire to pursue the case. As he continues with the investigations, he realizes that there was more to Alex’s life than met the eye. Indeed, Alex was not the innocent person that his mother knew, as his life was full of sinister events whose secrecy was guarded by men who would do anything to ensure that the secrets were not disclosed, including killing anyone who insisted on knowing them. David is later to learn that death is not the worst thing that can happen to a person. Rebekah decides to join her older brother Johnny on a trip to the remote and uninhabited Crow Island, only to find themselves being hunted. She has no idea why anyone would want to kill them, and with Johnny missing, Rebekah struggles to cope.

Customer reviews

When I recently took up a free trial with Audible I decided to start with Weaver’s Missing Pieces, which was released in book form earlier this year. Tim Weaver is a British author that I have been meaning to read more of. I enjoyed some of his early books, but have not kept up with his recent releases, which seem to slip under the radar in Australia. Meanwhile Detective Frank Travis is looking for missing Louise Mason who disappeared three months ago without trace. Frank is due to retire next week and knows that he is Louise’s only hope of being found. Are these two cases connected and will Frank be able to solve them before it is too late.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop