Looking Glass Sound: from the bestselling and award winning author of The Last House on Needless Street

£8.495
FREE Shipping

Looking Glass Sound: from the bestselling and award winning author of The Last House on Needless Street

RRP: £16.99
Price: £8.495
£8.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Followed the video, scream does not automatically start on host and even if I start it manually still no sound. An Ode to the Horniest Sitcom Parents, the Belchers and the Wilkersons By Clare Martin April 11, 2023 | 10:40am The Guardian - 3/13/21 'Every monster has a story': Catriona Ward on her chilling gothic novel by Justine Jordan

Looking Glass Sound Review: An Unsettling, Twisty Horror Tale

Sundial is a heart-in-the-throat smash.”— Joe Hill, New York Times bestselling author of The Fireman When Wilder heads off to college, soon after, he is intent on becoming a writer, but, while there, his closest friend, Sky, steals his story, going on to publish a wildly successful novel using it. Wilder is never able to get past this, thus his final return to the source a lifetime later, to have one last go at writing his true version. By its conclusion, it’s almost impossible to untangle the truth…and I was left with both a sense of deep awe and mild confusion. A Love Letter to I’m Sorry and a Tribute to Funny Moms in 3 Bits By Annie Berke September 6, 2023 | 11:48am Ward is a master of tugging at the strings of a deeply personal story until she's woven them into an epic, terrifying, multi-generational web. Looking Glass Sound is haunting and immersive. I loved getting caught up in it."The New England location is ideal, and the passing of the seasons feels palpable. The languid summer days flow into grey autumn dusk and then the bleak winter nights. I was fortunate a few years ago to travel around Maine, very close to where the book was set, and there is desolate beauty to the coast in the darker times of the year. This dovetails perfectly with the novel’s overall tone. You know you’ve read a Catriona Ward book when your first thought upon finishing it is “What the hell did I just read?” This is round three for me with her books after loving The Last House on Needless Street and Sundial which were both mind-bending 4-star reads for me. Once again, Ward puts her superpower for throwing the reader off balance to full effect, and that’s what I appreciate most about her writing: I never know what to expect! AHH the feelings her books evoke.. I felt unease, unsettled, creeped out, sad. This book has ALL the triggers! Unbelievably good... so clever, so haunting and melancholic. A novel about obsession, love and loss; an exploration of trauma and delusion; a meditation on writing and what it means to create, to be trapped in a world of your own making, tormented by your own characters. It's so beautiful, so dark and so vivid." - Jennifer Saint Inside the cottage everything is bare and white and blue, like a shore washed clean by the ocean. My room has a single bed covered in rough wool blankets, and a round window like a porthole.

Looking Glass Sound by Catriona Ward : r/horror - Reddit REVIEW: Looking Glass Sound by Catriona Ward : r/horror - Reddit

With prose of poetic clarity, Looking Glass Sound reveals secret after secret in a structure as intricate and insidiously enmeshing as a cobweb. Haunting, disturbing and beautiful, it's a truly extraordinary book. I think it may well be a masterpiece.”I want to go home so badly I can taste it. I think of my usual seat at the library in the city, near the end of one of those long tables, the lamps with their green glass shades throwing circles of warm light. Everyone helps you understand things, there.

Looking Glass Sound | Catriona Ward | 9781800810976 | NetGalley Looking Glass Sound | Catriona Ward | 9781800810976 | NetGalley

But the more Wilder writes, the less he trusts himself and his memory. He starts to see things that can’t be real – notes hidden in the cabin, from an old friend now dead; a woman with dark hair drowning in the icy waters below, calling for help; entire chapters he doesn’t recall typing, appearing overnight. Who, or what , is haunting Wilder? T]he most powerful narratives in the genre manage to create an unshakable sense of unease, and that’s exactly what this novel does … a must-read for those who like the kind of labyrinthine narratives that pull the rug out from under you, sending you tumbling into a dark, dark room.”— NPRThe red ball of the morning sun is burning off the last sea mist. I go down the path, gravel skittering from my sandalled feet, towel slung over my shoulder. It appears that I'm the standout here and that most everyone else loved this book. Take what I have to say with a grain of salt and try it for yourself, because your mileage may vary. As the novel opens, we read the unpublished memoir of Wilder Harlow, a sixteen-year-old boy whose uncle has died and left his parents a cottage on the Maine coast. Wilder soon meets two friends, also with author-inspired names: a handsome boy named Nathaniel and a redheaded British girl, Harper. The trio form a closeknit bond during their magical summer together and promise to return each year. A true nerve-shredder that keeps its mind-blowing secrets to the very end. Haven’t read anything this exciting since Gone Girl.”— Stephen King House-sitting on a remote beach on the Washington coast, Emma refuses. Then, on her screen, “another message from the author – now tinged with menace. ‘I won’t ask you again.’” Emma starts hearing strange noises at night; sees a figure in her bedroom; finds the internet down and the phone lines cut. It’s not hard to guess where this is going, but Adams, author of No Exit, is great on building suspense as Emma – a troubled, tough and intriguing protagonist – tries to batten down the hatches in her lonely hideaway. Definitely five stars (not that I’d dare to give it any less).

Sound while in looking glass: How to get it to work properly Sound while in looking glass: How to get it to work properly

Vernon’s crabby,’ Dad always said. ‘Doesn’t much like women or kids.’ Uncle Vernon was the last of that side of his family. We Harlows aren’t much good at staying alive so Uncle Vernon did better than most; he made it to his seventies. He indicates the passenger seat in a careless, amiable way. People around here don’t seem to talk much but they like to do small kindnesses. Much like Ward’s other novels, Looking Glass Sound isn’t a traditional horror story. The scares here skew more psychological than bloody.An origami puzzle of a book, the mystery so beautifully crafted you don’t see the folds, with edges sharp as a paper cut. I loved it.” I loved every word...an irresistible, beautifully written story powered by dread and fascination with the unknown.” Murder, magic and monsters from the deep: Ward weaves her dark magic once again in this atmospheric, horror-drenched coming-of-age tale, with twist after head-spinning twist." - Ellery Lloyd Even as an adult, the still lurking pent-up frustrations of teenage angst make Wilder Harlow the most unreliable of narrators. His entire life has been shaped by the events during the summers of his youth, and his perspective is skewed at best. It would be easy to pity Wilder, but by turns, he is both the hero and then the villain of the piece. The same can also be said of his friends. Their various actions and reactions are a constant reminder that humans are far from perfect. We’re all capable of doing good, being the sort of people we aspire to be, but we’re also more than capable of being just as bad. It turns out the only thing that makes us different is that some people are better at hiding their flawed tendencies than others. This was

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop