The Last Rotation Of Earth

The Last Rotation Of Earth

RRP: £8.99
Price: £4.495
£4.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Originally from Wenonah, New Jersey, [4] Christinzio relocated to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States, in 2003. He soon signed a record deal with One Little Indian and established himself on the city's live music scene. He played live with members of The War on Drugs and appeared as a session piano player on Sharon Van Etten's 2011 album Epic, among other collaborations. On the One Little Indian record label, Christinzio released two albums, one in 2005 and another in 2007. They were critically well received but did not succeed commercially. He was dropped by the label and nearly quit music altogether while struggling with mental health issues, drugs and alcohol. [5] [6]

In a new press release, Christinzio said The Last Rotation Of Earth “is a document created in the shadow of incredible darkness. One from which the creator hadn’t planned on escaping and still doesn’t. Hence the title of the album. It is the result of an illness that I’ve battled my whole life. It isn’t something that the world has done to me. It’s the world I live in, and it’s no one’s fault.” In 2017 Christinzio recorded a new album, Deportation Blues, released on Bella Union in summer 2018. Some of the album chronicled his experience with the UK immigration system. His most successful at the time, the release was nonetheless followed by another difficult personal period, including the sudden loss of Christinzio's father. [12] the last rotation of earth | full Official Chart History | Official Charts Company". OfficialCharts . Retrieved 2023-05-26.There are rumours being spread that The Last Rotation of Earth will be BC Camplight’s final album. However factual this may or may not be, I would encourage you to take any opportunity you can to see this powerhouse live, as this level of energy cannot last forever. It is beautiful, but after all, even stars burn out. Still, Christinzio doesn’t see any of this as a story of redemption. “This is not a story of victory,” he says. “It is a document created in the shadow of incredible darkness. One from which the creator hadn’t planned on escaping, and still doesn’t. Hence the title of the album. It is the result of an illness that I’ve battled my whole life. It isn’t something that the world has done to me. It’s the world I live in and it’s no one’s fault.” Up to 2021, the BC live band consisted of Christinzio (piano/vocals), Luke Barton (vocals/synth/guitar), Stephen Mutch (bass), Thom Bellini (guitar), Adam Dawson (drums) and Francesca Pidgeon (vocals/synth/percussion/saxophone).

All has not been well in the run-up to the release of The Last Rotation of Earth. The album’s promotional material says that after nine years Christinzio’s relationship with his fiancé disintegrated. His long-term struggles with addiction and mental health are noted. He is quoted, saying the album “is a document created in the shadow of incredible darkness. One from which the creator hadn't planned on escaping, and still doesn't. Hence the title of the album. It is the result of an illness that I've battled my whole life. It isn't something that the world has done to me. It's the world I live in and it's no one's fault”. I Want to be in the Mafia’ gave an unfiltered display of Christinzio’s talent on piano, at points standing up in Elton John-esque showmanship whilst his hands flew over the keys with flare. His impressive vocal range is also realised from the heartbreaking highs to the final low drone of ‘I’m Going Out On A Low Note’. Throughout the hushed silence, the sound of rain dominated, ironically foreshadowing the next song ‘It Never Rains in Manchester.’ NewsTalk Podcasts - The Tom Dunne Show - Interview BC Camplight". Newstalk.com. 12 October 2015. [ permanent dead link] Christinzio relocated to Manchester, England in 2012, following the advice of a fan on social media. [7] There he recuperated and returned to writing and performing. [8] [5] In October 2014 Bella Union announced it would be releasing BC Camplight's already-recorded third album, How to Die in the North, in January 2015. [9]

Doormat Navigation

Goods that are faulty or sent in error must be returned to Crash Records Limited, 35 The Headrow, Leeds, LS1 6PU within 7 working days of the item being received by the customer.

David Sue (5 April 2013). "Brian Christinzio: Manchester saved my life". Manchester Evening News. Archived from the original on 14 June 2015.Christinzio was a restless performer, unable to occupy any single area of the stage for too long. Surprisingly the piano didn’t limit him, as he favoured the piano stool as a prop rather than a seat. From pacing the stage, to hammering the piano stool on the keys, to ringing his mum in America, he contained an unpredictable quality – much like his music.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop