In Search Of Schrodinger's Cat: Updated Edition

In Search Of Schrodinger's Cat: Updated Edition

RRP: £10.99
Price: £5.495
£5.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

What is the crossover point between undetectable and detectable, blurry and certain? When does quantum behavior disappear in favor of the everyday, macroscopic reality we're used to? Can we "chain together" reality so tiny behaviors determine larger ones? That's the direct question Schrödinger's Cat raises. No. I am not messing around. This can be mathematically established. Hugh Everett did this in the 1950s.

Learning Gotcha: How We Misunderstood Schrödinger’s Cat Learning Gotcha: How We Misunderstood Schrödinger’s Cat

Nevertheless, if you want to get acquainted with the strange & beautiful world of quantum theory, this is indeed the best introduction that you can procure. This work lays bare the way scientists work together, solve problems, follow threads, and the implications it has for the world at large is fascinating. Analogy: Just because a camera is out of focus doesn't mean things in the world are actually blurry Einstein thought Schrödinger refuted the notion that reality was "blurry" and depended on the observer. The universe has already worked out what happened before you looked (hence his famous quote, "God does not play dice."). this book explains generally the perplexing, mind-boggling, paradoxical principles of quantum physics while relating the history of discoveries leading up to and through it, including the discovery of the X-Ray.Both events happened, but we don't know which alternate universe we're in. Maybe every possible outcome creates a new timeline. (I flip a coin and put it under my hand. Are we in a spooky quantum state?) Amidst a plethora of books purportedly dealing with "explaining Quantum Theory to the layman" this book stands apart, as well as taller, by virtue of two qualities: -

Loading interface - Goodreads

A subtle problem with this book seemed to me it's a little dated. Still, this is an enlightening launch pad for adventuring in the quantized unknown. Oh! How cruel!" I felt that this Schrodinger guy must be a bounder of the first water, famous scientist or not. "He must be reported to the SPCA!"The third part probes some of the deeper mysteries, possibilities and paradoxes of quantum mechanics. Current Google Definition - Note it doesn't say the argument was meant as a criticism against quantum mechanics I really resented being called an idiot, but did not want to aggravate this temperamental feline with the sharp claws. "What's that?"

Schrödinger's story is a critique of the idea of quantum blurriness. But, some pop sci author read the story, thought it was meant to be interpreted literally ("Large felines can exhibit quantum blurriness") and countless others retell the explanation, not the story. It's like hearing that the Emperor's New Clothes is about the eye-opening power of fashion without reading the tale yourself. Si bien mucha agua ha pasado por el río de la física contemporánea desde el tiempo en el que el texto fue escrito (finales de los 80) los temas y las discusiones tienen una actualidad pasmosa que demuestra lo poco que realmente hemos avanzado en la comprensión de la teoría cuántica. Naturalmente la teoría cuántica moderna ha evolucionado, especialmente en las técnicas para su aplicación, en los sistemas a los que se aplica y en su poderoso rol en la tecnología, pero los problemas de fondo, las preguntas de fondo de las que se ocupa este librito siguen teniendo todavía mucha actualidad.On quantum computing: Deutsch has drawn important conclusions from the success of quantum computing. A store, usually called a register, made up of 8 qubits could remember 256 numbers simultaneously.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop