The ADHD Effect on Marriage: Understand and Rebuild Your Relationship in Six Steps

£9.9
FREE Shipping

The ADHD Effect on Marriage: Understand and Rebuild Your Relationship in Six Steps

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

This book provides an incredibly valuable service to those struggling in a marriage with ADHD. Written by someone who has been there and knows firsthand how ADHD can disrupt a marriage, it will help couples truly understand ADHD, realize they are not alone, and teach them what specifically can be done to align together as a team to turn things around. Ms. Orlov has done a wonderful job of providing knowledge, awareness, and hope to those who sorely need it." And the final star off is just because this book is a major downer that may make you paranoid if you have adhd or hopeless if you are involved with someone who does. Update: Oh, how important it is that this material be presented widely! And, learned while young, could likely prevent years of heartbreak & harmful personality adaptation patterns which are hard to break when well established and layered with the challenges of aging.

I'm reading your book now, and it's like you've opened up our brains and jumped in. It's the most amazing, most helpful and hope-giving thing I've found..."

Finally, think about how you’d like things to feel in the future. Have a look through any notes you’ve made and identify what’s absolutely crucial for you to live fully, like having time for creativity, or living in a calm space. This will give you clues about what your personal boundaries are. Step 6: Reigniting Romance and Having Some Fun - the science and the fun stuff (p. 199. Audio 9. Kindle loc. 3297) But otherwise the book will likely make you feel a bit useless - and that your ADHD is to blame for all of your shortcomings. Most of the advice for the ADHD spouses is "get treatment - medication and therapy". Already tried that - and can't use meds right now because trying to get pregnant again. Then, consider where your personal boundaries are at the moment. What’s different now? Are some boundaries missing? If you could adopt them, what would they be?

I also had issues with this because I listened to it as an audiobook. The narration wasn't terrible, but this book is absolutely full of lists - and the lists are pretty redundant in a lot of cases. Or at least they feel redundant in an audiobook. It was really hard to tell what the numbered items were meant to be because I heard them all the time - and they all sounded similar. I think maybe reading them in text would have made them a little easier to sort. But I can't verify that since I only have the audio. But even if your examples are only one type, you can at least create advice for those who are outliers (like me). If you are a nonADHD wife needing help for relationship issues with an ADHD husband I bet this is going to be super helpful for you. It’s common for people in relationships to impose on each other’s boundaries from time to time. But in relationships impacted by ADHD behaviors, this is a common occurrence. For instance, a person with ADHD might not take due care when using their partner’s property, or might assume that their partner will do nearly all the household chores. A person without ADHD might interfere with their partner’s personal or work life, or might try to control or change their partner. Soon these behaviors become the new normal, leaving each person depleted and unhappy. Trying harder doesn’t create change. If you want to salvage your relationship, you need to do something radically different. I got through it fine. But I've also done a decent amount of work on myself in this area before listening to the book. Even with that, the general tone throughout the book was still very difficult at times.First, The author is not a licensed therapist or qualified counselor. She is not a mental health, psychological or behavioral professional. She has good intentions in this book, but unfortunately intentions do little to protect or assist people in need of support in relationships. The first half of the book felt super repetitive: wives, you shouldn't nag your husbands and make sure you exercise and get treatment for your likely depression (and don't try to compensate for your husband or treat him like a child); husbands, make sure you exercise and take your meds and get therapy.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop