Fly - Adult Costume (Mask NOT included)

Fly - Adult Costume (Mask NOT included)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I had intended adding black cloth to the “flies’ head” and painting his face, but on the day/night in question he did not agree. We then made two papier-mache balls and cello-taped them to the head and put more paper over to make sure they were well secured and left it to dry further.

Fly Costume Adult - Etsy

Along with the costumes here, you’ll also find loads of homemade costume ideas and DIY Halloween costume inspiration for your next costume project. Take a look at these cool homemade Fly costumes shared with us by costume enthusiasts from around the world. The wings were stitched on to wide black tape, which was stitched in a “harness shape” and tied with Velcro.

This costume took about 8 hours to make I divided it up in a weeks time as I had a newborn baby to take care of. Then we painted it and finished with a coat of clear varnish to seal the paint in case it rained on the night. Recommended for UK islands ie Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Shetlands, Isle of Wight and Scottish Islands including the Highlands. My husband, Steve, was the Orange Fruit Fly, my friend, Judy, was the Grape Fruit Fly, my friend, Dan, was the Banana Fruit Fly, and I was the Watermelon Fruit Fly. The “wings” were wire hangers re-shaped with black nylon pop socks stretched over and stitched in place.

Fly Halloween | Fancy Dress | Insect | Costume Adult | Fly Halloween | Fancy Dress | Insect | Costume

The costume comes complete with black hooded tabbard with a fury patch on the front and small legs attached to the side, with fly eyes that attach to the hood with velcro and not forgetting your wings which also attach to the back with velcro. It gets harder every year to come up with a cool costume for an older boy (I like to dress my children up in very original costumes). This was originally made with the intent that one of my daughters was going to be a flyswatter, but she finally fessed up and said she really didn’t want to be a fly swatter, even though it would have given her permission for the night to swat her little brother and get away with it!My son really liked his costume as he wears glasses and he was able to wear his glasses under the mask comfortably. Eoin had just turned 2 years of age and was a bit nervous of Halloween and all the ‘scary stuff’ so the outfit was a bit of a compromise.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop