Origins Dr.Weil Mega-Mushroom Soothing Treatment Lotion

Origins Dr.Weil Mega-Mushroom Soothing Treatment Lotion

RRP: £24.90
Price: £12.45
£12.45 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

RiceyH Wonder Cream! I had a flare up and started using this cream. Within 2 days my face looked much calmer and less red. My go to cream now. Another thing Caffeine is used for in body care products is its anti-cellulite effects. In theory, it can speed up the lipolysis process (the "fat burning" by our cells) andstimulate the draining lymph system that might lead to the improvement of cellulite. But here again, the evidence that it actually makes a measurable, let alone visible, improvement on actualhuman beings is limited (we could find only some animal skin studies or caffeine being combined with other actives). Issy4 Face cream Lovely cream absorbs well in to the skin did not notice too much of a earthy smell Adaptogens – commonly used in Ayurveda and TCM practices – have been a major talking point in the wellness realm with certain herbs and mushrooms (including cordyceps, chaga and reishi) said to have adaptogenic properties that allow the body to better deal with stress. Studies on adaptogens are promising. But while mushrooms themselves are rich in nutritional benefits (and any food that’s great for your health, is good for your skin), Dr. Borysiewicz is wary of topical skincare products that claim to have adaptogen qualities as there isn't sufficient evidence to support the claims.

Reishi – features anti-irritant properties that help soothe and calm the skin and has been used in TCM for immune boosting benefits. The complex featured in Origins Treatment Lotion has high potency of reishi to bring a sigh of relief to sensitive, irritated skin and minimise redness. In addition to these, “mushroom polysaccharides are very effective moisturising agents,” offers Dr. Borysiewicz, who notes that the tremella polysaccharide, in particular, has better moisture retention than 0.02 per cent hyaluronic acid according to this study. She also highlights that mushrooms are also potent in antioxidants which are key for protecting skin against environmental damage. Can mushrooms help with stressed out skin? Madecassoside can also help in burn wound healing through increasing antioxidant activity and enhancing collagen synthesis. Asiaticoside was shown to increase antioxidant levels on rats skin when applied at 0.2%. Truffles Smells of potato peelings On there plus side, it smoothed my skin and people noticed and even said that it was glowing, but I won't be buying it again based on the smell. Its a very earthy scent which after some thought, reminded me of a bowl full of cold potato peelings. I much prefer the ginseng one which smells of orange cremes!

From shiitake to turkey tail, the mushroom universe is rich in diversity. When it comes to formulating his Mega Mushroom range, Dr. Weil looked to cordyceps, reishi and fermented chaga for these benefits:

Molly Best moisturiser ever had First cream I've ever used that's actually made my skin feel moisturised, it's like a drink for the skin... It soothes red, sore and tired skin like nothing else, highly recommend! Skincare formulas that incorporate mushrooms offer enhanced moisturising, soothing and brightening effects while softening the appearance of skin damage and ageing. Which mushrooms are found in skincare? Ingredients kojic acid (found in shiitake) and beta glucans (found in reishi, turkey tail, shiitake and maitake) are also widely used in skincare. The former helps with brightening hyperpigmentation and acne scarring while the latter acts as not only a humectant to keep skin plush and hydrated, but also bolsters the skin barrier.Sham23 Skin care This product is perfect for sensitive skin - it’s most definitely the best I’ve ever used. I’m 77 and constantly get compliments on my good skin - I put it down to Dr Weil Serum and moisturiser.

Another pro is that lavender oil has some nice antimicrobial and antibacterial properties. It also has some localpain relieving and muscle relaxing magical powers. Lavender oil is also often claimed to have anti-inflammatory properties. We have found a study confirming this but it was the essential oil of the leaves and not the much more commonly used flowers and the two differ in their main chemical compounds very much. (The main components of the flower essential oil are linalyl acetate and linalool [around 80% the two together] while it is 1,8-Cineole [around 65%] in the essential oil of the leaves.) It’s important to state that at times of stress a number of inflammatory dermatological conditions such as acne, eczema or psoriasis can be exacerbated. This is felt to be through activation of your immune system,” she continues, suggesting that meditation and yoga are better ways to deal with stress than simply applying an adaptogen-laced moisturiser and hoping for the best. Who would benefit most from mushroom-infused skincare? Cordyceps – widely used in Traditional Chinese Medicine and Traditional Tibetan Medicine to ease signs of fatigue in the complexion.Similar to most ingredient trends, the mushroom movement isn’t completely a completely new phenomenon. “Mushrooms have long been used in Asia for their ability to improve health, maintain vitality, preserve a youthful appearance, and to counter the adverse health effects of chronic stress,” says Dr. Andrew Weil, a US-based medical doctor and practitioner of integrative medicine. His collaboration with Origins, which began in 2005, arguably brought mushroom skincare to the Western mainstream. According to him, studies on unique mushroom species show promising anti-inflammatory effects and the topical use of these mushrooms may help protect skin from skin damage caused by environmental aggressors. Adaptogens are used in herbal medicine to promote ‘homeostasis’ or increased resistance to stress. Whether this is a true effect has been challenged by the European Medicines Agency and at present it is not a term that’s accepted in pharmacological or clinical practice in the EU,” she explains. KazaNoo Soothes skin I bought this to try and calm my skin after a medication reaction. It's marvellous,soothes and calms. I love the smell,earthy and natural. Now my skin is recovered Iuse the hydra gel during the day and pop this on at night.I'm an Origins convert! Consultant dermatologist Dr Catherine Borysiewicz adds: “The study of mushrooms and their constituent ‘myochemicals’ has revealed an interesting natural source of agents that can provide the basis for new pharmaceutical, cosmetic and nutritional products . Increasingly, now we have cosmeceutical products that are cosmetic-pharmaceutical hybrids that offer deeper activity in our skin.” One of the biological activities of thecentellosides isto be able to stimulate GAGs(glycosaminoglycans - polysaccharides that are part of the liquidy stuff between our skin cells), and especially hyaluronic acid synthesis in our skin. This is probably one of the reasons why Centella Asiatica Extract has nice skin moisturizingproperties that was confirmed by a 25 people, four weeks study along with Centella's anti-inflammatory effects.

Aga902 Great product I can't get used to the scent though. It helps to soothe the irritation and reduce the redness of my skin so I will definitely buy it again. I wish the experience was a bit more pleasant due to the medicinal smell that follows me for hours after application.Fermented Chaga – the ferments function as pure powerhouses that help break down ingredients into tiny particles so that they are more bioavailable to skin. Fermented chaga comforts irritated skin and takes down inflammation. There is also an often cited Japanese study that made patch tests with lavender oil for 9 years and found a huge increase in lavender oil sensitivity in 1997 (from 1.1% in 1990 to 8.7% in 1997 and 13.9% in 1998). This was the year when using dried lavender flowers in pillows, wardrobes, and elsewhere became fashionable in Japan, so it seems that increased exposure to lavenderresults in increased risk of sensitivity. HOW TO USE:After cleansing, pour the formula into the palm of your hand or a cotton pad and dab onto the skin. WHAT IT IS:An advanced skin strengthener.Now with Plantmunity Technology™, this advanced treatment lotion helps strengthen and soothe look of skin, reducing the appearance of redness and sensitised-looking skin. It works fast, leaving skin calmer and prepped for serum & moisturiser. ACTIVE INGREDIENTS:Reishi Mushroom, Fermented Chaga Mushroom, Adaptogenic Licorice Root &Plant-Derived Hyaluronic Acid.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop