Ina May's Guide to Childbirth: Updated With New Material

Ina May's Guide to Childbirth: Updated With New Material

RRP: £24.97
Price: £12.485
£12.485 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Her constant reminder that deliveries at her clinic rarely need medical intervention doesn't paint a full picture. Many women feel so ashamed about things like miscarriages, epidurals, c-sections, breastfeeding difficulties, formula feeding, etc. It may not be for the squeamish, but if you're going to be popping a baby out of your body one day, it may help to not be too squeamish about these things. However, I think it's a bit out of date, especially in terms of what the hospital will and won't allow (but we'll see). For more details, please consult the latest information provided by Royal Mail's International Incident Bulletin.

Even if it has not been your habit throughout your life so far, I recommend that you learn to think positively about your body.Facebook sets this cookie to show relevant advertisements to users by tracking user behaviour across the web, on sites that have Facebook pixel or Facebook social plugin.

She quells a lot of anxieties women may have about how they are going to birth a baby out of such a small space (not an uncommon concern)… Even if you don’t read the book, it’s at least worth looking into her idea of Sphincter Law and how this affects the laboring process.Reading this book gave me the confidence to know that I am capable of a natural and pain- relief free birth if I open my mind to the fact that my body is able to do it. s. I also would have been interested to learn what percentage of high-risk pregnancies the hospitals have/had and if these were included in the statistics she used to compare to "The Farm". I was grateful to have had such an easy pregnancy and that the birth itself was not just a psychosocial event but spiritual as well. I wound up spending a lot of my pregnancy terrified of what would happen to me at the hospital, and convinced that medical professionals would make traumatic what would otherwise be an awesome and beautiful experience.

Here's the birth plan: We go to the hospital, and we come out with a healthy baby, and two healthy moms. Donna asked if I wanted to go see a midwife, but I decided to hold off until I was sure I wasn't getting excited over nothing. Ina May pushes back against the idea that midwives can only be present for “normal,” non-complicated births and includes stories of breech babies, shoulder dystocia, women who were told they had a too small pelvis, etc. This book does give some good information about helping labor progress and some of what she says makes sense to me. Ina May made me terrified of mainstream medicine's approach to birth, and the book got hard to read at a certain point because I was like, "Yeah, sure, this birth would be wonderful if I were doing it on Ina May's hippie commune, but since I'm doing it in a shitty Miami hospital those doctors are going to cut me up into pieces and mess up my baby with all kinds of unnecessary and frightening interventions.

After having an antibody scare myself and following women who deal with anti-D antibodies during pregnancy, the few sentences she had on sensitization were not enough to fully understand the risky (and potentially heartbreaking) future pregnancies of those who are sensitized. I appreciated the positive attitude toward the body and the amazing things it can do if you just let it. Finally, for those who might want to read this book on the subway (like me), be forewarned that there are some pretty graphic photos of childbirthing in this section. Or, in this books case, an extremely one-sided look at how wonderful birth is only if you are at home, with a midwife having an orgasm as your baby comes into the world (the alternative being a piece of meat in line at the slaughter house where your chance of death is greatly increased, aka.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop