Johnstone’s Trade Aqua Water Based Satin Brilliant White 2.5L with Avenue touch up brush

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Johnstone’s Trade Aqua Water Based Satin Brilliant White 2.5L with Avenue touch up brush

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Eggshell paints are closer in sheen to satinwood, but are a little more matte. Again, these are better suited to walls and ceilings as they aren’t as durable as satinwood. What do I need to consider when choosing a satinwood paint? It’s hard-wearing, easy to clean and usually very straightforward to use. While it’s most commonly found in only one or two shades of white, some brands offer a wider range of colours, giving you the option to truly personalise your space. Free sachet delivery is available on all Rust-Oleum sachets. These are shipped direct from the manufacturer using Whistl. Can take 5-10 working days.

This paint is an evolution of the old Johnstone’s Aqua Satinwood which is still available to buy. At one point, the Aqua satinwood was the brand leader in “water-based satin” amongst professional decorators at one point. However, it is a hybrid and comes with a few issues. The Aqua Guard is much better. Each product gives you the application and feel of a solvent-based product, whilst delivering the benefits of a water-based product. Ultimatly you'll be rewarded with a superior finish you can be proud of, every time. Last, but certainly not least, the Aqua Guard is a lot more durable than most water-based products. You need to give it a good week to cure, but after that it’ll be as hard and scuff resistant as an oil-based!!As for the roller. I like the Hamilton ‘For the Trade’ mini-roller. They hold loads of paint, will stand up well to use in Johnstone’s Aqua, and are reasonably priced. Available online here. It can be applied with either a paint brush or a foam roller, and getting a smooth surface with no streaks or drips is easy, even for beginners. Although it should always be applied in a well-ventilated area, it has a much weaker odour than other oil-based satinwood paints. For reasons of hygiene and safety, personal grooming products, cosmetics or items of intimate clothing cannot be returned. The downside of being a hybrid is that it can ruin your brushes if you’re using the paint for a prolonged period. To combat this, you should keep your brushes wet by swilling them out every hour or so. Running a damp cloth over a surface before you paint it will also help with flow.

Whether you’re touching up the skirting boards or planning a big interior redesign, finding the best satinwood paint for your specific project is key. And while you’d be forgiven for not spotting the difference between the various brands of mid-sheen white, choosing the right paint will make the painting process and end result that much better. You must use the correct system, so bare timber should be primed using an acrylic primer. Then you should use the Johnstone’s Aqua undercoat, followed by at least one coat of Aqua Guard. Previously painted surfaces take a coat of Aqua undercoat, followed by the satinwood. Key Specs – Paint base: Water; Approx. coverage: 12m 2per litre; Touch-dry time: 2 hours; Recoat time: 6 hours; Other colours available: Yes, a wide range There is another downside and it is a fairly big issue. Johnstone’s Aqua satin and gloss will start to yellow and discolour over time, especially in low light conditions. More so than other “water-based” products on the market, but a lot less than anything oil-based. I’ll explain why in the next section.Aqua” means water, and the tin boasts “water-based technology”, but in fact, the Johnstone’s Aqua satin and gloss are both hybrids. This means, although the paint is primarily water-based, it contains an alkyd (or oil) carrier, so it’s a mix of water and oil!! They do this for a few reasons, water-based paints do solve a lot of problems, but they create some new ones. I’ll give you some examples; Don't forget our expert team are always on hand to help if you have any questions regarding our colour match tinting services Besides which, the Johnstone’s Aqua undercoat is brilliant!! Easy to apply, dries flat and has great opacity. It is one of the best “nearly water-based” undercoats on the market. A hybrid is a compromise on just about every issue I have just mentioned. The paint will yellow, but it’ll stay white a lot longer than an oil-based. It is more durable than water-based, but not as durable as oil. It is easier to control than water, but not as easy as oil. The list goes on!! Aqua Guard is a lot easier to apply than a lot of other water-based satin products. That said, having the correct tools for the job will help you achieve a good finish, so I thought I’d give my recommendations.

Key Specs – Paint base: Water; Approx. coverage: 16m 2per litre; Touch-dry time: 1-2 hours; Recoat time: 6 hours; Other colours available: Yes A water based satin paint that works on both interior and exterior surfaces, Johnstone's Trade Aqua Satin has been designed to apply and finish just like a traditional solvent based satinwood. Johnstone’s Aqua was recently voted the best water-based gloss and satin on the market by professionals from the Decorators Forum UK (research carried out in 2020). With this in mind, we decided to ask a number of decorators what they thought about the system.

People are always looking to cut a corner, but you really can’t when using Johnstone’s Aqua. You should always apply a full coat of Aqua undercoat prior to using the Aqua gloss or satin. This is for a few reasons, including adhesion and adding durability to your painted surface. Not just that, but the Aqua satin and gloss always sits nicely on top of the undercoat to give a better finish. Mixed to a wide range of colours including most major brands, simply enter the name and brand of the colour you would like, or select from the colour palette above to get your perfect colour. Because it’s water-based, this paint will also never yellow with age, making it a perfect paint for any areas that might not get a lot of sunlight, such as skirting boards behind furniture and the inside of cupboards. It also comes in a great range of colours, although mostly pastel or neutral shades. Benjamin Moore Scruff x has the biggest and best reputation of them all. Maybe because it has been around for a while and comes with a premium price tag. A lot of decorators think this is the best satinwood on the market. Again, it didn’t disappoint in terms of durability, but I was surprised it didn’t do better. Permanent pen had to be scrubbed with the green scouring pad and white spirit. Paint residue did come on the sponge.

Johnstone’s Aqua Guard is a fully water-based satinwood, meaning it will never discolour over time. To achieve the best finish use over Johnstone’s Aqua Water Based Undercoat. Johnstone’s Aqua Satin will cover approximately 10-12 square metres per litre depending on the nature and porosity of the surface being painted.Key Specs – Paint base: Oil and water hybrid; Approx. coverage: 10-12m 2per litre; Touch-dry time: 1-2 hours; Recoat time: 4-6 hours; Other colours available: Yes As for the paintbrush, I use the Purdy Elite Monarch XL. It holds loads of paint, is soft enough to lay-off, and will keep its shape well. Available online. The best satinwood paint you can buy in 2023 1. Crown Solo One Coat Satin Paint: The best one coat satinwood paint

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop