Letters To My Weird Sisters: On Autism and Feminism

Letters To My Weird Sisters: On Autism and Feminism

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I thought at some point I would get used to the second-person letters to various "weird sisters" in history, but I never did. Det faktum er at det breve gør at der bliver skrevet til dem i stedet for om dem, hvilket er forfriskende.

CW // the holocaust, eugenics, state-sanctioned murder of disabled people, suicide, bullying, miscarriage, pregnancy (Please feel free to DM me for more specifics! Having previously only considered it as an issue with my perception of self, I had somehow never made the connection between my internalised ableism as a concept and how that extends into action against myself. It also addressed how commonly mothers are blamed for autism in children, which was informative for me to read. autistic women failing at 'womanhood' was an incredible concept; i'd heard about how many autistic people consider their neurotype inherently entangled with their sense of gender and also knew that many autistics consider themselves gender nonconforming.I think my less awestruck second read goes to show how much i've learned between now and my first read which is pretty cool. And, as I've been saying, if you are not a woman or a girl, then you might as well be anything—any manner of kickable monstrosity. The book touches upon eugenics, psychodynamics, nazism, mum-shaming, being weird and different, social isolation, and of course, not dressing well. I could honestly gush about this book for ages, so I'll stop myself now and just finish by saying that I would recommend this to anybody. I’ve always felt…well, a bit weird, and this book has also granted me some insight of more personal relevance that I will need to dwell on.

Men forfatteren ser også på hendes egen lyst til at separere sig fra specifikke typer af autistiske mennesker, såsom dem der er hjerneskadet eller lignede, hun reflektere over det. Any girl or woman who suspects herself to be anything other than perfectly pretty, nice and odourless inside and out risks not being a girl or a woman at all.Even as Limburg refers to the work of non-binary activists within the text, she fails to acknowledge her non-binary and trans male siblings who have lived a lot of the same formative experiences as cis women.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop