Kiss of Death: A Dark Gods and Monsters Fantasy Romance (Tempting the Fates Book 1)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Kiss of Death: A Dark Gods and Monsters Fantasy Romance (Tempting the Fates Book 1)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

No backbone at all, extremely frustrating to see her just get abused and she is too dumb to just tell her father about it and the fact she won't for stupid reasons. The following chapters have slightly different titles between the interface/index and the first page.

Scarlett's trip starts out innocently enough … though she thinks she's going to die after listening to native Scottish music performed by men and women dressed in traditional costumes. Rose's excellent writing-taut,economical and evocative-successfully counters his narrative contrivance,making this historical thriller an enthralling read, while he reserves one last twist for the unwary reader. She's been forced to live the life of a slave, neglected by her family and abused by her stepmother and her two stepbrothers.

When you meet your deadliest rivals at the mayor's gala, a single slip-up could have deadly consequences. There were also vague setting descriptions and we don't really find out what any of the characters look like. I did find the second half moderately more engaging than the first but it wasn’t enough to keep me hooked for the rest of the series. Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions, and thank YOU, reader, for being part of the Choices Community. Ebooks purchased here can be read on your usual Kindle, phone, tablet, other branded e-reader or any digital device.

I know, I know there are going to be at least 12 books in the series, but at some points, I was really worrying for the lives of the characters and sure there were going to some fatalities. Of course, as expected, nothing ever goes as well as you would wish with our gang of four and their little road trip quickly spirals into a bit of a disaster going from bad to worse and Oliver’s hidden agenda is doing nothing to help. And it gave me fresh impetus to go back to the next YA novel, Revolver, with renewed determination to be gloomy! Cover: I think that by now we all know that Lauren Henderson doesn't really make her covers relate a whole lot to her books as a whole.I generally don't even find myself disliking books because there's something out there for everyone but this one properly took me out. I also appreciated that the FMC isn’t super angsty in second-guessing her decisions - I like an FMC who evaluates the options, makes a decision, and is more or less at peace with it - none of that wishy-washy agonizing over her own choice. With both your publisher and author hat on, what advice can you give would-be children's authors in getting published? Seriously, just when you think things couldn't get any worse for the guys, it does - in bucket loads. There was also the death and the maiden aspect of it, especially when we see Death’s POV and how he slowly comes to acknowledge his feelings but knows nothing can ever come of it.

The conflict between wanting to pursue your own dreams versus wanting to make your family proud by doing what they want. My Review: I think this book is my favorite one in the series because it's the most personal to Scarlett.Obviously, they are all excited to get out of Morganville, but their road trip isn't as much of a break from the freakiness as they had hoped. HOWEVER if you are reading this book because you saw a tiktok or insta reel staying there is a revenge plot with “who did this to you? As if life as a student wasn't complicated enough, Claire just happens to be studying in Morganville. It was more intense than I expected as well, though it wasn’t necessarily a bad thing as it set the tone and gave the necessary back story for Hazel’s character and her motives. This is currently the longest Early Access book to date, with at least 21 confirmed chapters, dethroning the previous record of 20 chapters held by Wake the Dead.

Marcus has been shortlisted for the CILIP Carnegie Medal five times, the Edgar Allan Poe Award (twice) and the Guardian Children’s Fiction Prize (four times). If you're running a script or application, please register or sign in with your developer credentials here. Rachel Caine is the author of over thirty novels, including the bestselling Morganville Vampires series. Still, Kiss of Death is enjoyable as it is, just tagging along with Scarlett as her journey comes to a close. Additionally make sure your User-Agent is not empty and is something unique and descriptive and try again.They must uncover the mystery of what has happened both to Sorrel’s father, who is plagued by a strange madness that prevents him from sleeping, and to Marko’s father, a doctor, who has mysteriously gone missing after travelling to Venice to help his old friend . Bad stuff happens to the FMC in the beginning, Death takes her home, then nothing for the remaining 80% of the book. A student now at Wakefield Hall Collegiate, run by her aunt, she thought she had left the past behind. Heck realises that there’s another player in this game of cat and mouse, and this time, they’ve not just caught the prize: they’ve made sure no one else ever does.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop