The Lost Twin: A Scarlet and Ivy Mystery: Book 1

The Lost Twin: A Scarlet and Ivy Mystery: Book 1

RRP: £7.99
Price: £3.995
£3.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

GM: Which was your favorite twin to write and do you feel like you identify with one more than the other? Reading baby books and picture books can help introduce little ones to first words, early language skills and storytelling. As kids grow, they can begin reading along with their favourite bedtime stories. Step into the deep dark woods with The Gruffalo, explore fun textures with Touch and Feel kids’ books and find favourite children’s book authors like Julia Donaldson. Favourite Children’s Books The sale of customised goods or perishable goods, sealed audio or video recordings, or software, which has been opened. But after their beloved ballet teacher Miss Finch suddenly disappears and strange Madame Zelda takes her place, freakish things start happening. Poison letters are circulating the school, and 'accidents' are plaguing the students. It seems that the girls are in danger once more

I was able to get in touch with the author of Scarlet and Ivy, Sophie Cleverly, to ask her some questions about the series and her plans for the future.

Interview With the Author

WARUM WOLLTE ICH ES LESEN? Ich bin ja schon seit langer Zeit ein Fan des Imprints You & Ivi und habe schon einige Bücher davon zu Hause. Nur bisher nicht gelesen! Das Geheimnis von Rookwood klang so toll, dass ich es auch direkt lesen musste. Ich liebe Internatsgeschichten But the old hotel and the waters of the lake reservoir are covering up dark secrets. And when mysterious things start happening to hotel guests it seems that a malicious new threat is haunting the girls.

With their evil headmaster, Mr Bartholomew, safely out of the picture and kindly Mrs Knight in charge, it looks like life at Rookwood School is looking up. There's a ballet recital Scarlet is desperate to star in, and more clues to uncover about the twins' mother. A spine-tingling mystery set in a creepily atmospheric boarding school. Ivy must uncover the secrets behind her twin sister Scarlet’s disappearance before it’s too late.Evetttt, karşınızda bu senenin okuduğum en heyecanlı, güzel, gizemli ve maceralı kitabı karşınızda! Bir solukta okudum. Sözü fazla uzatmadan özetime geçiyorum. Ha bu arada bu serini 6 kitap (Kayıp İkiz, Duvardaki Fısıltılar, Karanlıktaki Dans, Gölün Altındaki Işıklar, Mum Işığında Lanet ve Son Sır) olduğunu unutmayın! The setting of an English all-girls boarding school also allows for a wide range of female voices to be heard. In fact, across the whole series, the number of male characters with speaking parts can almost be counted on one hand compared with the dozens of female characters—I’m pretty sure the series would actually fail a reverse Bechdel Test until the final installment. Scarlet and Ivy’s school trip takes a turn for the worse as another mystery begins to unfold… The fourth book in the SCARLET AND IVY series is perfect for fans of MURDER MOST UNLADYLIKE. It’s summer and as a special treat after the horrors of last term Mrs Knight announces a school trip to Shady Pines Hotel on the shores of Lake Seren. Scarlet and Ivy are thrilled to get away from Rookwood for a break! But the old hotel and the waters of the lake reservoir are covering up dark secrets. And when mysterious things start happening to hotel guests it seems that a malicious new threat is haunting the girls. Locals say that at night you can hear the ringing of the church bells and see lights under the lake, that troubled souls buried in the flooded graveyard no longer rest Scarlet and Ivy return to creepy Rookwood School for a third mystery adventure Perfect for fans of MURDER MOST UNLADYLIKE. With their evil headmaster, Mr Bartholomew, safely out of the picture and kindly Mrs Knight in charge, it looks like life at Rookwood School is looking up. There's a ballet recital Scarlet is desperate to star in, and more clues to uncover about the twins' mother. But after their beloved ballet teacher Miss Finch suddenly disappears and strange Madame Zelda takes her place, freakish things start happening. Poison letters are circulating the school, and 'accidents' are plaguing the students. It seems that the girls are in danger once more… Is someone out for the ultimate revenge There’s a new girl at Rookwood. Ebony claims to be a witch and soon seems to have most of the students (and the teachers) under her spell. Scarlet and Ivy don’t believe in witchcraft but something weird is definitely going on, and it’s down to them to figure out what before their best friend gets dragged down with it all.

GM: Finally, my nine-year-old son would like to ask what made you choose to add in the character of Rose in The Whispers in the Walls? Just as things are seeming to improve at Rookwood, the girls’ beloved ballet teacher Miss Finch disappears. The mysterious Madame Zelda takes her place, and poison pen letters begin to circulate around the school, reaching both pupils and staff. The girls decide to investigate and discover a story of revenge.So Ivy now has to take on a great challenge. Scarlet and Ivy are like day and night, like chalk and cheese. But she has to remember all of her memories of Scarlet, otherwise she'll be in trouble. One day, she discovers a diary, Scarlet's, which tells her, bit by bit, the mysteries Ivy desperately wants to solve. Why did Scarlet die? Why did she obey Miss Fox? BRAVO! Truly, a around of applause is owed to Sophie Cleverly and The Lost Twin. I'm well out of the age range that this book is aimed at, but I absolutely adored every bit of it! I can only imagine how much excitement younger Jessica would have had, upon discovering this story. So many things I love are expertly wrapped up in here. Forbidding boarding schools, terrible headmistresses, brave girls, and tons of secrets. What more could a reader ask for? SC: There were so many that were really fun to write—particularly the school trip scenes in The Lights Under The Lake and the Halloween ones in The Curse in the Candlelight. But I think my favorite was the letter that the twins find from their mother. I really felt as if she were writing through me—and I cried a lot!

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop