Gu Energy Gel Mixed Box 24 Pckts

Gu Energy Gel Mixed Box 24 Pckts

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

There are a few other caveats worth noting, says Wilkinson. ‘I would not recommend using them other than as a convenient way to fuel during exercise or physical activity. They are high in sugar, which can lead to unnecessary calorie intake if consumed outside of intense exercise,’ she says. Over-reliance or misuse can lead to gastrointestinal issues or a sugar crash if not matched with physical exertion, she warns, adding that those with specific dietary concerns, such as diabetes, should consult with a healthcare provider or nutritionist to see if energy gels are best suited for their nutritional needs. You also need to follow the guidelines for usage, while a process of trial and error will outline how energy gels work best for you. During your race, you won’t feel as fatigued during the last miles. This is because the gels were formulated to last for a long time. Instead of getting a “high” and “crash” from other gels, you’ll sustain your energy from start to finish. I would say it’s still best to have water to hand to wash them down, though, and one downside of the isotonic design is that the gels are bulkier than others, so carrying enough for a marathon requires a big running belt. The base of Honey Stinger’s energy gels is pure honey along with electrolytes and B-vitamins. It doesn’t matter the flavor, you’ll still get the nutrients and energy from honey’s natural sugars.

Gu Gel - MyTriathlon Gu Gel - MyTriathlon

Honey is a naturally low glycemic food that can enhance your performance on race day. Essentially, honey provides an enduring energy boost that prevents your sugar levels from dropping. You can also avoid an insulin high and crash with honey. They come in different flavors, but some runners prefer the tri-berry and vanilla bean ones. All flavors are gluten free and suitable for vegans. All the info on marathon running supplements: gels, tabs, beetroot juice and anything else that can make running 42.2km easier To find what works for you, try fueling for any run over the 60-minute mark and then pay attention to how you feel. You may find consuming fuel enhances your runs, or conversely, that you don’t really need it unless your workouts extend into the 90 minutes or longer territory.CLIF has a large range of products and is a well-known and reputable brand and it lives up to it. The brand tries to help not only the athlete but also the environment. It uses real ingredients and even easily disposable wrappers. Features It’s designed to be a stable release of energy rather than the usual spike you get from a gel. The gel contains only 11g of carbs compared with the usual 20g, but I’ve found the energy benefits seem to be similar, and it’s more palatable than most options—great news if you’re not a fan of the usual super-sweet gels. The sweetness of the pineapple hits you right away. It reminds me of the clear Haribo gummy bears. I love citrus anything, and this pineapple flavor is a nice alternative to the lemon or lime.”— Amy Wolff, Photo Editor If there’s one thing I have always envied hikers and mountaineers for, it was that they got to chow down on delicious Kendal Mint Cakes on the go. Sure, you could try scoffing the sugary treat during a run, but it wasn’t ideal. Fortunately that sweet minty stuff has now been released in gel form. As you can imagine, it’s all about the mint, and you can choose between mint, raspberry mint, citrus mint and chocolate mint flavors. The 70g gel contains 27g of carbs and sweetens the deal with electrolytes to help keep you hydrated, and there is a caffeinated version available.

Gels During Training and Racing: Tips to Fuel Midrun How to Use Gels During Training and Racing: Tips to Fuel Midrun

The gel used by Eliud Kipchoge when he broke the world marathon record in Berlin is a little different from everything else on this list. Part of that is the strange consistency—it’s firm enough to bite off chunks, rather than sipping like a syrup—but the key difference is that the hydrogel poses less risk of upsetting your stomach than a standard gel because it passes straight through and is absorbed in the small intestine instead. So the maths is simple: two to three gels per hour, starting at the 30-minute mark. However, focussing on this alone can result in you carrying a lot of gels – if you run a four-hour marathon, for example, you’ll need 10 or so.High5’s gel range covers all the bases: isotonic gels, straight-up energy gels and caffeinated gels, each containing 23g of carbs. The gels are even batch-tested to ensure you won’t accidentally fall foul of doping regulations, if that’s a concern for you. If you use the energy gels, practice with them the same way you would use them in a race. If you use a gel before your practice and then 45 minutes into it, time your race accordingly. Energy gels are suitable for runners and individuals who cycle, swim, or exercise for more than 60 minutes at a time. It’s a very flat hint of both flavors. Imagine a cherry cola formed into a Jell-O, sat out, and you squirted some lime juice on that cherry cola Jell-O. This tastes like I imagine that would.”— Brian Dalek, Senior Digital Editor

GU Energy Gel Review: Fuel Your Performance | ACTIVE

Let me be clear before I start, timing when and how many energy gels you take is a personal decision. It’s based on a multitude of factors such as your body weight, what you already ate, and how fast your body processes those nutrients. This isn’t uncommon for triathletes, especially those competing at high levels or for those who regularly participate in half and full Ironman races. The gels will give you a “wake up” and make you more alert the course. It also helps give your muscles a little push when you’re really feeling fatigued. During long bouts of exercise such as a marathon, it’s advisable to consume around 60-90g of carbs per hour, which would typically be two to five gels, one taken every 15-20 minutes or so. In practical terms this can be a bit too much to carry and consume, so many runners aim to take a gel every 30-40 minutes or so, starting from about 30-45 minutes into their run. Do pro marathon runners use gels?

The caffeine content is very low so if you’re concerned about “crashing” or getting the runs, this might be your solution.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop