Loki: A Bad God's Guide to Being Good

Loki: A Bad God's Guide to Being Good

RRP: £7.99
Price: £3.995
£3.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Everyone, like it or not, has a bit of Loki and Thor in them - and this book highlights that perfectly. The book itself is filled with several opportunities to apply cross curricular learning, especially in regard to Loki’s relationships with other characters. The first Loki had me roaring last year so I was thrilled to learn there’d be a follow-up (and the end of the story tantalisingly teases the next one! The Loki series is a real favourite of mine and one I am constantly recommended to children and families as they are accessible to even the most reluctant of readers.

This book, like the others before, is perfect for the middle grade audience it is intended for, but any adult reader won’t be the least bit bored if they happen to take a peek between the covers, too.After the drama teacher casts him as the villain in the school play, Loki starts to wonder whether there’s any point in being good when everyone seems convinced of his villainy. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. Loki might not have shown any moral improvement (yet) but Odin has given him another chance to prove himself worthy of A. A ring that looks suspiciously like the cursed ring of Andvari, one that promises Loki the world if only he gives in to his deepest, darkest desires. She's the author of the bestselling LOKI: A BAD GOD's GUIDE series, about the norse god Loki as a mortal child.

The tone of the book is fantastic and it reads smoothly, peppers with hilarious illustrations that clarify key moments within the tale. Wickedly hilarious and subversively fun, Loki: A Bad God's Guide to Being Good is a laugh-out-loud delight with all the fabulously addictive weirdness of the original Norse mythology.

This side-splitting tale, which contains an abundance of references to Norse mythology, is hugely entertaining from start to finish. Having read the story myself, I had a good feeling that my Year 4 class (avid lovers of the classic 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid') would greatly enjoy this particular book.

If you have a kid who enjoyed Diary of a Wimpy Kid - and also enjoys reading about ancient mythology - check this one out! He is particularly enraged that he has to put up with Thor, who poses as his twin brother to keep an eye on him.

Life's tough for trickster god Loki, banished to earth in the body of an eleven-year-old boy with thunder god Thor for company. outrageously funny […] Sharp wit, ethical dilemmas, sly mythological references and oodles of doodles are a recipe for pure reading pleasure.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop