The Ex Hex: Never mix witchcraft and vodka . . . a spellbinding TikTok-sensation rom-com!

£9.9
FREE Shipping

The Ex Hex: Never mix witchcraft and vodka . . . a spellbinding TikTok-sensation rom-com!

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I never got emotionally invested in the “we accidentally corrupted the ley lines with bad magic” storyline. With one calamity after another striking Rhys, Vivi realizes her silly little Ex Hex may not have been so harmless after all. This interest of hers would develop for throughout much of her life, as she would come to create the style she’s largely known for today. The Ex Hex is a spellbinding rom-com with a twist, think Practical Magic in Gilmore Girls’Stars Hollow . The chemistry they previously had together instantly presents itself again, as much as Vivi tries to push it away.

The Ex Hex Quotes by Erin Sterling - Goodreads

Set in the years just after The War of Mexican Independence, it’s also a book that really uses its setting and its time period in fascinating ways, meaning it reads like a brilliant piece of historical fiction and a, “Okay, I’m gonna need to sleep with the lights on now,” horror novel. Going under the pseudonym of Erin Sterling, Rachel Hawkins has managed to establish another side to her writing profile, Using this particular pen-name to produce romance titles, making a move away from her markedly different Young Adult and mystery novels. In a drunken state of mind, and with the help of her cousin, she jokingly placed a curse on the man in question.

Witches, curses, ley lines, a witch college, ghosts, romance, biting toys, and a talking cat make for an enjoyable tale. Being that this book is compared to Hocus Pocus i expected it to to only be similar in the fact that it has witches but i really think it is similar in the aspect of the small town. In time she would gravitate towards writing for a younger audience, as she would come to understand what they were looking for whilst teaching them. After all, I already had to read about how the magic cave that houses the ley lines has an "atmosphere" or something that makes people horny (I wish I was joking), and how much Vivi resented Rhys for bringing her to a "magic sex cave.

The Ex Hex: A Novel: Sterling, Erin: 9780063214217: Books The Ex Hex: A Novel: Sterling, Erin: 9780063214217: Books

This is definitely the case with her Erin Sterling pen-name, as she’s shown another side to herself as an author and as a creative. Finding inspiration in the the writing of others, as well as from the world around her, she would use it to establish her own voice and tone. Sometimes your Halloween reading can require monsters of the all-too-human kind, and Oyinkan Braithwait delivers in this delightfully twisted read.Gorgeous blue skies, rolling green hills, the kind of day that made one want to take up painting or maybe develop some kind of poetry habit. The story itself is definitely entertaining, as it keeps the reader hooked every single step of the way, making it a must for any fans of supernatural romantic comedies. William Morrow and Custom House – Avon and Erin Sterling provided a complimentary digital ARC of this novel via NetGalley.

The Ex Hex by Erin Sterling | The StoryGraph The Ex Hex by Erin Sterling | The StoryGraph

Over time this has seen her become a wholly singular and unique author, inhabiting a space and niche that’s very much her own. With a lot more to come in the future as well, she definitely will not be finishing any time soon, as her writing career builds from strength-to-strength. And now she must figure out a way to reverse it before both Rhys and her beloved town of Graves Glen are destroyed. Imagine 90s Sabrina meets Bewitched set in Halloweentown but as a steamy romance and you have this book! With a stand-alone story, the book and its narrative are entirely self-contained, making it easy to pick-up, but difficult to put down.

Only the curse has taken hold much stronger than expected, and it quickly spirals into magical disaster for the entire town that Rhys and Vivienne have to work together to fix—realizing, of course, that their connection is still there. The story follows a semi-practicing witch Vivienne, who teaches history at a small Georgian college and is unable to forget her ex Rhys, a Welsh witch she spent a whirlwind summer with almost a decade ago during his time studying abroad. The chemistry he had with Vivi combined with the top banter and witchy goodness had me very quickly obsessed with this book! The world-building fell off due to the characters' passive approach in breaking the curse; I realized the ending was rushed and poorly delivered. I was actually laughing at Rhys' stupidity and his weird comments that he made when things were bad, lmao.

Book Series In Order Erin Sterling - Book Series In Order

So, of course I was delighted when Stacey Schiff, who also wrote a biography of Cleopatra that I loved, turned her scholarly eye to this time period. Carrying the readers along at a brisk pace, she has also proven to be a master of suspense and tension, creating a thrilling and exciting ambiance. but when rhys comes back to graves glen nine years later, vivi is confronted with the consequences of her actions. What I was hoping for was a steamy, Practical Magicish romp, and what I got was more of a Netflix original movie that was neither sexy or fun enough to keep me hooked.

The chemistry between the two leads was certainly apparent, but I never really accepted the central idea that they yearned for one another after spending three months together as horny 19 year olds. In the spring semester, Vivi begins teaching classes with the witchery department as well as for human students, having now fully embraced her powers as a sorceress. The plot centers on the rekindled relationship between two witches, Vivienne (Vivi) Jones and Rhys Penhallow, as they try to put aside their past to solve a mysterious magical curse for which Vivi is partly responsible.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop