Damage: INSPIRATION FOR THE NETFLIX SERIES OBSESSION

Damage: INSPIRATION FOR THE NETFLIX SERIES OBSESSION

RRP: £9.99
Price: £4.995
£4.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I've seen the '92 adaption with Jeremy Irons and Juliet Binoche, so I knew what I was in for. But man this book is dark. From the moment the narrator meets Anna Barton, you know this story will end tragically and it does. Damage is very smartly-written and effective in arousing curiosity in readers, leading us to question the characters’ self-destructive actions. His affair with Anna is both an awakening and a dream-state, a loss of self to the intoxication of desire, and a finding of the self.

The best way I can describe the process of reading this book is via analogy. You climb up the ladder to a very tall slide at the playground. You sit down at the top, so excited by what all of your friends have said about the amazing ride down the slide. Right as you begin to shift your weight to set your journey in motion, you glimpse at this piece of equipment. What you once thought was a harmless little ride is actually full of obstacles and danger. The slide is greased. It has sharp corners. And it goes down infinitely farther than you thought possible, or were ever willing to go. But what's done is done--you shifted your weight, and now you've gotta ride it all the way to the bottom, however thrilling and terrifying that ride may be. This book was made into a good film in 1992, starring Jeremy Irons, and it's probably his presence in that which reminded me of Lolita, as he appeared in the excellent remake of that film as well. A simple familial melodrama that somehow made me look at my own life, loves, and contemplate we are given happiness or do we make it? Heavy shit. Suspence, questa sconosciuta: si scopre tutto subito. Binomio scopereccio inserito fra parentesi tonde all'interno di una espressione assai complessa. Lei è la schiava: rivoltata, ripassata e ricomposta come e meglio della cicorietta in padella.

read his once again from mature perspective. twisted romance appeals like The Postman Always Rings Twice9768940]

What really makes us is beyond grasping. It's way beyond knowing. We give in to love... because it gives us some sense of what is unknowable. Nothing else matters, not at the end.” my life would have been lost in contemplation of the emerging skeleton beneath my skin. It was as though a man’s bones broke through the face of the werewolf. Shining with humanity he stalked through his midnight life towards the first day.’ The subject has been done before but not quite in this way it is here. The author, Josephine Hart, is an amazing writer. She was a poet as well which explains the amazing writing. I have read one of her other books, Sin, dealing with the subject of Envy and while it is good but I think Damage is better.Dominatore senza potere" dominato dalla sua schiava onnipotente, fin dall'inizio della relazione questo uomo non si fa illusioni: è lucido, razionale e perfettamente consapevole di stare precipitando in un abisso senza ritorno; tuttavia non esita a mettere in gioco tutto quanto ha di più caro, anche con la menzogna e l’inganno, anche con il rifiuto e l'abbandono, pur di seguire la sua natura segreta e il suo destino. Perché soltanto adesso si sente finalmente vivo. Dalton, Ben (17 March 2022). "Netflix UK execs tease upcoming slate including erotic thriller 'Damage' ". Screen Daily . Retrieved 27 April 2022. A copula conclusa ella svanisce, chiude quel segmento di esistenza e passa ad altri "casi": il figlio di lui, l'amico d'infanzia, vari ed eventuali. Donna viziosa? Femmina oltremodo generosa? In passato si era trovata a un niente dal "donarsi" al fratello (che, non potendola avere tutta per sé, si suicida tagliandosi polsi e gola, porello). Some readers may be put off by Damage as the storyline revolves around Dr. Stephen Fleming's passionate and TABOO love affair with a damaged younger woman. I normally don't read stories that deal with adultery, as they tend to piss me off. Josephine Hart poetic writing depicts a love affair that was so brilliantly flawed, I was completely spellbound. Praised for her historical novels (King Hereafter, the Francis of Lymond series), the prolific Dunnett continues with this crisp and dashing tale of venture and misadventure, the second volume of a Continue reading »

There is an internal landscape, a geography of the soul; we search for the outlines all of our lives" Yossman, K.J. (17 March 2022). " 'The Hobbit's' Richard Armitage, 'Peaky Blinders' Star Charlie Murphy Tapped For Netflix Thriller 'Damage' ". Variety . Retrieved 27 April 2022. This one definitely kept me wanting to read but it was a terrible story. I wanted to shake the narrator!!! Because of this, it lost 2 stars. Lui, esempio preclaro di homo politically correct, de repente si trova i lombi arsi dal fuoco della passione, è pronto a gettare alle ortiche carriera politica, matrimonio, prole, incurante del fatto che il suo figghiolo - bellissimo e intelligentissimo comme il faut - voglia sposare la conturbante donzella.Fact: Damage is an excellent title and describes perfectly what happens when obsession overrides sanity. Or, in the eyes of our MC, what happens when one finally finds "passion." (passion= being a man whore pyscho....but whatever. Also, this fact is turning into an opinion....) Writing like an Edward Abbey of South Florida, Hiaasen ( Skin Tight ) sets his reluctant journalist hero after a morally corrupt real estate developer planning to build an 18-hole golf course on Continue reading »

Fleming tells the reader: ‘ We were made for other things. For needs that had to be answered day or night – sudden longings – a strange language of the body.’

Primal Scene: Martyn walks in on his father making love with his secret lover. To make things worse, the said secret lover is Anna, Martyn's fiancée. The novel is populated by boringly correct English types who seem almost parodically perfect, civil and discreet. Their world is slowly and quietly devastated by the entrance into it of an almost blameless femme fatale, a damaged girl harboring a terrible secret so corrosive that it seems to destroy all she touches, though the recipients of her attentions fail to see -- or do see and ignore -- the inevitably painful consequences. The story is told from the perspective of a genteel middle-aged Englishman, Dr. Stephen Fleming, a physician and member of Parliament, who willingly constructs an alternate reality to justify his obsessive affair with her. As she happens to be the fiancee of his own son, the deception takes on particularly disturbing aspects.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop