Austrian Audio Hi-X55 Headphones - Over-Ear Headphones - High Comfort Slow Retention Earpads - Maximum Flexibility - 3.5mm Jack - Includes Adapter to 6.3mm - Black

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Austrian Audio Hi-X55 Headphones - Over-Ear Headphones - High Comfort Slow Retention Earpads - Maximum Flexibility - 3.5mm Jack - Includes Adapter to 6.3mm - Black

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

LCD-1 - fast cleaner/tighter, more energy (it's bass light compare to other headphones like M50x, but among them i think LCD 1 got better as planar) The headphone is made up of mostly metal parts, especially the moving parts. The bow of the headband uses a metal rail inlay that has grooves that serve as the guide for the adjustment mechanism. Fit and comfort are about the same on both, and their ear pads are equally comfortable. The top of the headband of the Hi-X55 might be less comfortable on bigger heads though when being compared to the AEON Closed nitinol headband.

Writing some comparisons among ATH-M70x, Audeze LCD-1 and Hi-X55 before my memory fades out. I don't have LCD-1 and Hi-X55 at the moment. The top end also delivers detail and clarity. With a frequency response of 5Hz-28kHz, they have extended reach in the top end beyond the natural limits of human hearing. Looking at response curves highlights a little imbalance in the upper regions, but this did not translate to any noticeable issues when listening. Although the midrange is not emphasized with this monitor, the Hi-X60’s midrange is impressive with its natural and tamed presentation. It has a great amount of detail retrieval with a very clean presentation. Treble

When parent company Harman closed AKG's development and manufacturing facilities in Vienna, Austrian Audio rose phoenix-like from the ashes. Their first products were the OC818 and OC18, microphones that drew on AKG's heritage while incorporating 21st-Century innovation. Austrian Audio have followed up by revisiting another key area of AKG expertise: headphone design. Planar magnetic headphones typically have a lot of advantages when it comes to speed when compared to their dynamic driver counterparts. But when I started listening to the two headphones, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the Hi-X55 can catch up to the AEON’s speed. Bass runs deep and tight, but not too deep that it causes blooms to higher frequencies. The sub-bass has just the amount of rumble for the bass hits to be felt. The same goes with the sub-bass. There is bass when it is needed and ultimate silence before the beat drops. Notes are distinct and clear.

With their wealth of experience from their work in AKG, the team behind Austrian Audio just hit the ground running. They have produced microphones and 2 headphones, the on-ear Hi-X50, and now the over-ear version Hi-X55. Overall, the design doesn’t seem to get inspiration from AKG products of the past. Although the build is completely their own, it seems that much thought has been put into how this headphone is built. The box that the Hi-X60 came in is simple and ordinary-sized, just enough to enclose all the items inside. It’s a tri-fold design, with a Velcro strap holding the box together. What’s clever is that the same Velcro strap can be used as cable ties. They don’t creak and are comfortable, aside from a little pressure on the top of the head that can build into a slight ache after wearing them for several hours. The Austrian Audio Hi-X55 also have removable headband padding. It’s leatherette-topped memory foam and is held in place by a strip of velcro. Their memory foam cups can also be removed. These are made for professional use in the studio, not for the armchair audiophile who wants to be bathed in "musicality". So I will pen down my thoughts keeping that in mind.M70x - high resolution, sometimes harsh, but less than Hi-x55 because of the hybrid pads (doesn't much resonant)

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop