McVities Milkyway Cake Bars 5 pack

McVities Milkyway Cake Bars 5 pack

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The second I saw this cake I was in love. I mean… a wonderfully moist and buttery vanilla cake covered in copious amounts of chocolate frosting toped with milky way (also inside!) and then drizzled with caramel? What’s not to love! In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and 2 cups of sugar until it is smooth and creamy. Milky Way Bundt Cake –Instead of round cake pans, you can bake your batter in a bundt pan! Personally, I think bundt cakes are adorable. Just be sure you don’t fill your bundt pan more than 2/3 full so it doesn’t spill over. For this cake, I use a Nordic Ware bundt pan that I bought at Target. I butter the pan, making sure to get every surface covered in a light layer of butter {I use clean fingers to do this part}. Then add a little flour and turn and move the pan around until you get the flour distributed in a light and even layer. You can hold the pan upside down over the sink and tap it all around to remove any excess flour. If you love plain, old fashioned cheesecake just as it is, then you will probably like this Milky Way Cheesecake Bars Recipe without the additional chocolate chips.

Next, add in the flour and mix until well combined. Finally, add in the melted candy bar mixture you cooled earlier, as well as the vanilla. Add Toppings– Pipe some whipped cream or marshmallow fluff on the top, add some sprinkles, shave some chocolate curls onto it. Garnishing the top of a cake is the best part! Some people swear by using shortening instead of butter. I have always used butter, but if shortening is more your comfort zone; go with it!Gently pour the heavy cream over the chocolate, making sure it's fully covered with cream. Allow the mixture to sit for 1-2 minutes. I do not recommend serving this cake cold. When the candy bars gets cold it is difficult to cut through, plus the cake just tastes great room temperature. Make your cake layers in advance and freeze them. It breaks the process up and makes it more approachable.

Heat up the caramel and chocolate ganache in the microwave for short 5-10 second intervals until they're a good consistency to add drips around the cake. Flour– The base of the cake batter is 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour. This ingredient is what gives the cake its structure and stability. Yes, you can make the frosting ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When ready to use, simply bring the frosting to room temperature and give it a good stir before spreading it on the cake. Can I use a different type of chocolate for the frosting?Vegetable Oil– Use any flavorless oil can in this recipe. Canola, vegetable, or even sunflower oil would all work great. I don’t recommend olive oil though, as it has a strong flavor and will change the taste of the cake. I did, however, have a ton of fun sized Milky Way leftover, so I just switched up the recipe a bit and came up with this Milky Way Cheesecake Bars Recipe!

Next add the Milky Way cake batter to the prepared pan and bake until a cake tester comes out with just a few moist crumbs. Use a scale to weigh your cake pans as you fill them. Make sure each pan has the same amount of batter will make your cake layers bake to the same height and bake more evenly. Decorate the top of the cake with a ring of sliced Milky Way bars and enjoy! Substitutions & Swaps: Chocolate Cake LayersSimple Ingredients: Both the cake and the frosting are made with simple ingredients you can find at any grocery store! To make Milky Way Cake, start by melting together the candy bars and 1/2 cup of butter in a saucepan over low heat while stirring frequently. Once the mixture has melted, remove it from the heat and set it aside. Don’t rush the melting of the candy bars.. . low heat and steady stirring is the name of the game here. We don’t want to burn those delicious Milky Way bars. Milky Way Cake can last for up to 5 days when stored in an airtight container at room temperature. It is best to consume the cake within the first 2-3 days for optimal freshness and flavor. Can I make the frosting ahead of time?

Generously butter a 12 cup bundt pan, making sure to get the butter on every nook and cranny of the interior surface. Then dust over the butter with flour (cake or all-purpose works here). Tap the flour around in the bundt, again making sure every surface of the butter is lightly coated in flour. You can also use a baking release spray here, if your pan advises it. I have a Nordic Ware pan and it recommends butter or shortening with flour or a baking spray containing flour, but not regular cooking spray. Make the fluffy chocolate cake filling last. It’s a bit more time-sensitive and it’s best to make it right before you assemble the cake. It can sit out at room temperature for about 3 hours, but it begins to lose its shape if it sits longer than that.

Archive

Buttermilk– Buttermilk is used to bring the cake batter together and add both richness and acid for a perfect texture. You’ll need 1 1/4 cups of buttermilk, which can be made by adding a tablespoon of lemon juice to regular milk and letting it rest for 5 minutes before using. Place the milky way bars for the cake into a saucepan along with the 2 TBS water. Cook, whisking constantly, over medium low heat until the bars are melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool Buttermilk– You can also use full fat yogurt, sour cream, whole milk, or an alternative yogurt or milk (almond, soy, oat).

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop