Zoom B6

Zoom B6

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Silent running? Well that depends. My upper frequency detection system has been lost or replaced with some tinnitus so I simply don't hear the highest noise. The four Effect footswitches along the bottom of the unit change their function according to the current Play Mode. Here, in Effect Board mode, the lower four footswitches engage and bypass four of the current patch’s six stompbox models. Lastly, Looper mode does exactly what it says. Loop up to two hours directly onto an SD card to add layers and texture to your sound. Buskers or solo performers can use this to build a platform on which to create the rest of your song and using the built-in Rhythm patterns, you have your entire rhythm section inside of your B6. Finally, in Effect Board mode, the B6 touchscreen displays the effects chain for the selected patch, with the front‑edge footswitches assigned to enable or bypass four of the maximum of six effects. Assigning an effect to a footswitch is as simple as ‘dragging’ on the touch screen from the effect icon to the appropriate footswitch icon. Wow, things have moved on since I last had a multi fx unit. There are all the standard presets to show you what it can do, most are useable but some are a bit “fun”. The real depth is when you get in and effectively build multiple pedal boards per bank. The IRs are really good, there probably are better ones out there but they’ll do for me. If I have to moan, the compressors are a bit hit and miss as there’s no indication of the amount of gain reduction being achieved. Yeah yeah use your ears, I know, but it would be nice to be able to dial that in.

Amp models, preamps and drives all sound improved: detail, depth, realism, feel. Things getting more realer. Some nice new additions to the preamps and amps that didn't exist on the B3n. Amp and Cab Simulations: Whether you're new to bass or a seasoned pro, the B6 Multi-FX comes with a vast selection of sounds to suit any scenario. Made up of 36 impulse responses that consist of 12 iconic rigs that's been mic'd in three separate positions, players can choose between iconic tube and solid-state amps. Not only that, but with a range of cabinets spanning from the past 60 years, bassists can make their sound authentically theirs. The menu and touch screen seem a bit in depth at first but you soon get used to it. The display is brilliant - not too bright but even easy for me to see during a show with my ancient old eyes! You also get an onboard looper, along with 68 rhythm patterns to play along with, and up to 2 hours of recording time, or a 45-second looper without an SD card. Expansion & Connectivity It's a thing of beauty. The pictures don't do it credit. While everyone else produces near identical machines, or apes the Line6 range, Zoom as ever, do their own thing. It's the stealth bomber of multi effects. With bright coloured lights. So not really that stealthy.The B6 is very much larger and very much more capable than the B3 and its successor, the B3n. For a start, where the B3n offers a total of 67 individual ‘stompbox’‑style effects or amp models (each one of course separately configurable), the B6 offers around 115. And whereas the B3n enabled each patch to be built from a chain of up to three effects, the B6 accommodates six. But that’s just the beginning of the B6 story; there’s much more to it than just effects count and patch chain length. Probably the easiest way to begin to explain all there is to play with (and there is a lot) is to describe its physical format, so that’s what I’ll do.

And speaking of loop time, the B6 can accommodate up to 90 seconds in mono and 45 seconds in stereo (while instrument inputs to the B6 are of course mono, the aux input and some effects generate a stereo output). Loops can be positioned in the signal chain either before or after the B6 patch currently selected when Looper mode is engaged. New phrases can be overdubbed on existing loops, and effects patches can be changed while an existing loop is playing — both of which features potentially inspire quite mind‑boggling creative possibilities. And along with the combination of loops and effect patches, the B6 also enables its stored rhythm patterns to be played‑in. With the B6 in Bank/Patch mode, select an empty effects slot and then switch to Effects Board mode. The touchscreen will display six instances of the bypass ‘effect’. But since so many of the effects include a mix or wet/dry blend feature, I found it to be unnecessary for most applications. For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.

In Effect Board mode, you are given a visual representation of your signal path whereby each of the six simultaneous effects will be assigned to a stomp you can switch on and off within your chain. This will be home base for many players as it gives you immediate access to different effects within your chain to punch in or out depending on the needs of the song.

Is it any good though? Yes. So far I'm very pleased. The synth sounds are ace, the envelope filter is ace, the drives are ace, the Trace Elliot amp sim is ace, the harmony pedal effect is ace, the pitch shift seemed less warbly than on the earlier Zooms but I didn't play with it for long. I see there's a setting for a whammy type shift which I will try with my expression pedal. It sounded pretty good as a standalone octave up.Touch Screen Usability: Consisting of a 4.3" colour LCD touch-screen interface, setting up, selecting or adjusting your tones is made simple and fast. Zoom B6 Bass Multi-Effects Processor Specifications:

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop