Marguerite Patten's 1,000 Favourite Recipes by Marguerite Patten (1855-08-06)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.

Cooks of the past made good use of herbs, spices and even nuts and dried fruits to enhance the taste of the smooth savoury mixture. Cook, stirring, until sauce comes to boil and thickens, then add tomato paste, lemon juice, molasses, and seasoning. Blend half the butter with the fish either by pounding until smooth or by placing in a food processor for a few seconds. When melting the butter to blend with the ingredients, take care this does not darken in colour as this will spoil the appearance of the potted food.So you find Mock Fish Cakes: potatoes and beans cooked with lemon juice and anchovy paste to create that “fish” sense. This charity was particularly dear to Marguerite, whose grandson Charlie Henderson died earlier this year from leukaemia (thanks to Anthony Nolan he had two bone marrow transplants which helped him have seven years’ more life after the initial diagnosis).

This entry was posted in Casseroles, Egg Dishes, Seafood and Shellfish and tagged bad food photography, Marguerite Patten's Recipe Cards, vintage recipe cards, vintage recipes on March 7, 2023 by iamsurly.Stale bread was used, not thrown away, in Snowden Pudding made with marmalade, citrus juices and citrus zest. Anyway I've hung up my chef's whites for the last time (although I've said that at least twice before) and now I will be strictly baking only for pleasure! Heat the 50 g/2 oz (1/4 cup) butter and cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes then blend with the minced beef, ham and bacon and the other ingredients. Thankfully strawberry seeds are so small they don’t really have to be removed from the jam, so no arm aching sieving required for this quick and tasty jam! During the Second World War British farmers worked tirelessly to ensure we had adequate supplies of homely vegetables to augment the sparse rationed foods.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop