The Lost Metal: A Mistborn Novel: 7 (Mistborn Saga)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Brandon mentioned at JordanCon that he thinks there is a mention of the Shard Whimsy in the book. [22]

Wayne spun toward her, then—after just a brief pause—grinned widely. Those two were getting along better these days, which Wax enjoyed seeing. People are elastic. We can keep reshaping ourselves. And if we’re not quite the same as before, well, that’s good. It means we can grow.” - Wax This is the final book of Mistborn Era 2, or the 7th Mistborn book so far. As such, there's a lot I can't say due to spoilers - but this was a mostly satisfying conclusion to the Wax & Wayne era, with plenty of tidbits to get people excited for further Cosmere as well as specifically Mistborn Era 3.What I can say about TLM is that it's my favorite of the Era 2 books, and my third favorite overall after HoA and TFE. There are a lot of excellent scenes in this book, for all types of fans - Era 1 fans, Era 2 fans, Cosmere enthusiasts. Some of the character moments in this book are very touching or cool, although I felt like Sanderson tried too hard to make people speak their life lessons into dialogue a bit too blatantly. All in all, expectations are a bitch. But here it turns out, you are right to have them. I know I couldn’t have loved this more (except maybe if we’d seen more of Hoid); I will embark on a re-read via audiobook right away. Mistborn: The Lost Metal is an urban fantasy novel written by American author Brandon Sanderson. It was published on November 15, 2022 by Tor Books. [1] It is the fourth and final book in the Wax and Wayne series and seventh in the Mistborn series. [2] It is preceded by The Bands of Mourning in 2016 and is to be followed by a new trilogy, written after release of fifth Stormlight Archive book. If you think of something that would be good for us to add, just let us know in the comments! If you have a question to ask, that's a great use of the comments as well. The first draft of the book was about 149,000 words total; [5] in the third draft, it grew by about 25,000 words. [18] In the first draft, Part One was about 30,000 words and had two separate narratives, each with two of the main characters, and alternated viewpoints between all four main characters; Part Two was about 45,000 words and brought all four of the main characters together, continuing to alternate viewpoints; and in Part Three, the characters split again, with Marasi on her own arc of about 30,000 words, Wax and Wayne together for an arc of about 40,000 words, and Steris on her own for a short arc of about 10,000 words. Brandon wrote each of the arcs of Part Three separately from each other, which he found was a good approach as it essentially let him write the ending three times and he likes writing endings. [19] In total, Brandon predicted that Steris would have around seven or eight viewpoints. [20] The epilogue is a bit longer than normal, as it is the last book of Era 2 and Brandon wanted to linger with the characters and setting a little more. [5] Pre-Publication Content [ edit ]

And so ends what had been a remarkable Era 2… It is obviously heartbreaking, having to say goodbye to all these wonderful characters, but the prospect of anticipating an even better era 3 makes up for it, at least a little.We have introduced a temporary Cosmere (no TLM) flair to accommodate anyone who wishes to discuss Mistborn books in a Cosmere context without touching on any TLM spoilers. It’s hard to know what you want. We never have all the information. We merely have to do what we can with what we have.” My god... The Lost Metal was an explosive and stunning conclusion to Mistborn: Wax and Wayne series. Sanderson ha Additionally, I have a few other novellas that are more on the thriller/sci-fi side. These include the Legion series, as well as Perfect State and Snapshot. There’s a lot of material to go around!

If you’re a fan of fantasy and haven’t read the Mistborn trilogy yet, you have no excuses.” — Forbes on Mistborn Wax's sister Telsin, the leader of the Set, a terrorist group working for Trell (actually a Shard of Adonalsium called Autonomy), plots to smuggle a magical equivalent of an atomic bomb into Elendel. Marasi goes on a mission with a mysterious group known as the Ghostbloods, led by Kelsier, to stop Autonomy's forces from invading the world. Meanwhile, Wax and Wayne go to confront Telsin at the Set's base, killing several Set members, but discover that the bomb is not there, and instead is on a ship headed for the city. Marasi stops enemies in time and disables their portal, preventing the invasion, while Wax reaches the boat with Wayne. The duo discover that the bomb can be defused, but the defuser will die in the process. Wayne sacrifices himself to both defuse the bomb and save Wax. Telsin's overloaded body dies upon Autonomy removing her influence. The action was also really entertaining, and this is something that hasn't worked for me in Era 2 as well. The plot of this one is probably my second favorite after Shadows of Self, I was consistently engaged. You are whatever you want to be, Wayne. You’re the wind. You’re the stars. You are all endless things." Her heart was no expert in what she couldn’t do. It only knew what she had and hadn’t done.” - SterisThe short answer to that question is.. no. But that is not to say that this isn’t a good conclusion. Actually, I really enjoyed this book, but oh boy, there is so much to say. This will be 100% percent spoiler free. Edit #11: TODAY IS THE DAY EVERYONE. WE FINALLY MADE IT IT. IT WAS A LONG, HARD JOURNEY BUT WE’RE HERE NOW. YOU CAN BET YOUR ASS I’LL BE READING THIS AS SOON AS I GET HOME FROM WORK. I HOPE YOU GUYS WILL BE JOINING ME.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop