Gone to See the River Man

Gone to See the River Man

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

She brings along her older sister, Abby, who clearly suffers mentally and physically from a childhood accident. The reader learns more and more about Lori as she embarks on her mysterious errand to prove to her new flame that she’s serious about her love for him. What I liked: Triana is a Splatterpunk Award winner writing, so you know immediately that things will not be pretty. And while there are moments of beauty, sentences showing true love between characters, ‘Gone to See the River Man’ is at its core a story covered in rust and rot. Lori siente que no es tan distinta a él, algo le atrae, siente que no es más que un ser incomprendido por la sociedad, como ella.

This is the story of a woman named Lori who has an unhealthy infatuation with a prison inmate named, Edmund. He’s not your garden variety “one and done” murderer. Edmund did unspeakable things to his female victims. It’s inconceivable why our protagonist Lori is so enamored with him. Perhaps also borrowed from Shakespeare is this idea of "lilac time," which sounds like a reference to Ophelia, who killed herself in a fit of madness.By publishing your document, the content will be optimally indexed by Google via AI and sorted into the right category for over 500 million ePaper readers on YUMPU. Sabotaging people romantically might seem timid compared to crushing their skulls with toilet tank lids, but hurting people is an art, and I enjoyed it in all its many forms.” this book is written so poorly. it is so boring. the characters are absolutely unreachable. it sounds like a high schooler wrote it. The book is about a woman who is obsessed with an imprisoned serial killer whom she writes letters. He asks her to retrieve a key in a cabin and deliver it to someone called the 'River Man'. She brings along her handicapped sister on her quest and on the way their personal demons start to resurface. i recommend quite literally ANY other horror novel written by a women / non binary / trans author and i promise you it’ll be a much more enjoyable experience.

After trading in a police badge and an apple for the teach (ing assistant) er, she decided to try her hand at something she loved – writing her own scary stuff. She has many terrifying tales published and has been nominated for a 2020 Splatterpunk Award. Another great book by Triana. I am slowly working my way through his list. Every one so far I have enjoyed and gave 4 stars. This story is dark, the plot moves at a fast pace, and the suspense builds nicely. Just the right amount of gore and blood. I guess the moral of this story is to be careful what you ask for, you just might get it. Lori got it....and a lot more. Some girls are fearful, others are brave. One girl’s a princess, the next one, a slave. But all girls are equal, when they’re down in this cave, until just one is left standing—The Prettiest Girl in the Grave." the ban on feeling free"? well, everyone would commit suicide if we thought it was OK - if it wasn't sinful, or if our soul would simply melt away into heaven, right? But I’m old enough now to know there are some things nobody can ever really unnerstand. Folks believe in God. They believe in the Devil. Why not The River Man? Somethin’s gotta make people wanna kill each other. Somethin’s gotta make a soul go bad enough to make somebody rape n’ murder. Ya can call it whatever ya wanna, but ’round here it’s always been him, always The River Man.”I believe that listening to this book was much better than reading it. I loved LOVED loved the voice of the story. She was calm and soothing and I loved how the narrator voiced each character. ALONG THE WAY THE OLDER SISTER IS GETTING POSSESSED AND SAYING WEIRD STUFF AS WELL AS SEEING HER DEAD BROTHER? The story is built upon two split narratives around 25 years apart, the focus of both is Lori, who is just about to turn 40 in the present-day story. Lori has a rather morbid hobby, she writes to serial killers and has an impressive collection of letters from previous correspondences. When the story begins, she is on the way to prison to meet Edmund Cox. Lori is in love with Edmund, even though she knows he has tortured and killed many women, with a special fondness for those from the Far East. As the story unfolds, some of the letters, written by both Lori and Edmund, are dropped into the story. When the pair meet, Edmund gives Lori a mission, or a test, and this lies at the dark core of Gone to See the River Man. She is ready to commit suicide, but is uncertain, then she becomes aware of one of those small, beautiful things in life, and it gives her temporary hope" This is a place for all readers of extreme horror & splatterpunk. Fans of the grotesque and disturbing.

Nada le resultará fácil a Lori en este viaje, y más teniendo en cuenta que debe llevarse a su hermana con ella. Abby es mayor que ella pero tiene algunos problemas que debéis descubrir leyendo esta oscura historia. En esta historia tenemos a una mujer de mediana edad, Lori, obsesionada con un despiadado asesino en serie; Edmund Cox. Hasta tal punto que incluso mantienen conversaciones por correspondencia y le visita en la cárcel, desvelándose mutuamente sus más oscuros secretos. It is clear that Lori, the main character, is highly damaged. “Wanting to please a man, despite how difficult it was for her personally… well, if that wasn’t love, what was?” She believes that Edmund is meant for her, meant to be with her and love her, and that his murderous needs can be overlooked. She makes excuses for him and it is painful to behold, “What most would see as cruelties were actually signs of the deepest affections he could muster. Violence was his love letter. Death was all his soul.” LORI IS JEALOUS OF HER OLDER SISTER AND WANTS THE LOVE THAT SHE DOESNT HAVE FROM ANYONE BECAUSE HER SISTER STOLE HER " CRUSH" AND HER SISTER IS THE ALL AROUND PERFECT GIRL AND STUFF ETC ETC Por eso decide sin dudarlo ni un momento, emprender una misión que le encomienda él en una de esas visitas, ella ha sido la elegida de entre todas sus admiradoras. Tiene que emprender un viaje e ir en busca de El hombre del río.Superb extreme horror writing that really delivers on providing a chilling and quite simply 'spine-tingling' experience in the grim and macabre world of the dark arts and beyond. The people we make suffer stay inside of us longer and more deeply than those who we bring joy, don’t you think?” Lori has made a connection with a repugnant prisoner called Edmund, and the true, sordid nature of their relationship is revealed through a series of letters interspersed throughout the chapters. He takes advantage of the extremely unhealthy obsession she has forged with him by assigning her a seemingly dangerous quest: to retrieve a specific item and deliver it to a mysterious character known only as The River Man. Lori is just such a fanatic. Her obsession is with Edmund Cox, a man of sadistic cruelty who butchered more than 20 women. She’s gone so far as to forge a relationship with him, visiting him in prison and sending him letters on a regular basis. She will do anything to get close to him, so when he gives her a task, she eagerly accepts it.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop