A Sky Beyond the Storm: The jaw-dropping finale to the New York Times bestselling fantasy series that began with AN EMBER IN THE ASHES: Book 4 (Ember Quartet)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

A Sky Beyond the Storm: The jaw-dropping finale to the New York Times bestselling fantasy series that began with AN EMBER IN THE ASHES: Book 4 (Ember Quartet)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The Ember quartet was phenomenal in every way possible! The world-building was great, some of the characters are amongst new favourites for me, the plot twists were mind-blowing and the dynamics between the characters were *chefs kiss*. Helene is a character I wasn’t a fan of in the beginning of this saga, but as I got to learn more about her and why she acted the way she did – she grew on me. Helene and Harper’s relationship A Sky beyond the Storm is the final book of the thrilling Ember in the Ashes series by Sabaa Tahir. It was published on the 10 th of December, 2020.

Helene and Avitas started off as enemies to lovers because Avitas who was at Keris’s side tortured Helene in the second book. But Avitas pledged his loyalty to Helene, and they haven’t been enemies since then. Is this book YA? I was never a huge shipper of Laia and Elais, BUT I love Helene and Harper. I had hoped that we would get some of their relationship, and we do, but it still wasn’t enough. however, ‘a reaper at the gates’ was an instant mood changer for me regarding this series. my mind still fails to grasp that the characters from books 3-4 are the same characters i fell in love with in books 1-2. and i think its mainly because the story took a direction i did not fully support/enjoy, and so my relationship with the characters changed. Okay, time to go and break something because this one is bringing out the monster in me as I so wanted to destroy this one and wanted another version of this book 🤦 Sorry, dear pillows, bear my silent mind screaming 😌His goal from book one was to free the jinn who were imprisoned by the Scholars for centuries and take his revenge on the Scholars. I don’t even know how to explain this, as I didn’t understand it myself. So apparently, some kind of huge storm shows up and everyone drowns in it? And then they come out of it unharmed? And the Nightbringer dies easily, just like that? And Laia saves the day? I am sad this series is over, *cries* but my God it was a horrible ending. What happened to this series? Why did it leave me so disappointed?

Helene was always my favourite character and I was disappointed with how it ended for her. so Laia can have her mother and Ellis but everyone Helene loves dies? She literally saw her whole family be killed right in front of her eyes and I know the same thing happens to Laia but at least she gets a happy ending. Helene loses her sister and Harper (I was so angry and sad he died ) in this book and then she's left to rule an Empire she never wanted to rule and raise her nephew. and what on earth was that thing with Musa? I'm not going to believe that at all. Don’t even get me started on the final battle scene, because that was an utter mess, which I will talk about later.Have you forgotten that the Shrike is a woman Mettias?… Do not bore us with old prejudices. You are a better man than that.” People who died in previous books aren’t just forgotten about, they’re spoken about and you can see the impact they’ve left on other characters, I like that they’re still remembered because they were part of the journey. I think to add to that, Laia also explicitly says that she loved Keenan and I like that she doesn���t pretend that it never happened because once again that was what was needed for the story. III: The Soul Catcher T he stew tastes like memories. I don’t trust it. The carrots and potatoes are tender, the grouse falling from the bone. But the moment I take a bite, I want to spit it out. Steam undulates in the cool air of my cabin, conjuring faces. A blonde-crowned warrior standing in a jungle with me, asking if I’m all right. A small, tattooed woman with a whip dripping blood and a gaze cruel enough to match. A gold-eyed girl, her hands on my face, imploring me not to lie to her. I blink and the bowl is across the room, smashed into the stone mantel above the fireplace. Dust drifts down from the masterfully crafted scims I hung up months ago. The faces are gone. I’m on my feet, the splinters of the rough-hewn table I just built digging into my palms. I don’t recall throwing the bowl or standing. I don’t remember grabbing the table so hard my hands bleed. Those people—who are they? They are in the scent of winter fruit and the feel of a soft blanket. In the heft of a blade and the slap of a northern wind. And they are in my nightly visions of war and death. The dreams always begin with a great army hurtling itself against a wave of fire. A roar breaks across the sky, and a maelstrom spins, sentient and hungry, devouring all in its path. The warrior is consumed. The cold woman and the gold-eyed girl disappear. In the distance, the soft pink blooms of Tala fruit trees drift to the earth. The dreams make me uneasy. Not for myself but for those people. They matter not, Banu al-Mauth. The voice reverberating in my head is low and ancient. It is Mauth, the magic at the heart of the Waiting Place. Mauth’s power shields me from threats and gives me insight into the Laia loses Darin, and Helene loses Harper. But Elias and Laia have a chance to be together after all, and it ends with them being happy together and looking forward to their future. The author also hints that Helene and Musa find comfort in each other after the war. So perhaps this is a new ship. Who dies in A Sky beyond the Storm?

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop