Posted 2 Mar 2011, 10:53 p.m.

Hello all!

so today in the middle of practice my bridge pickup just decided to stop working. Basically the guitar works fine in 2 of the 3 pickup switch positions, but when i flick it to the bridge pickup the sound completely dies!

I have my heat tomorrow and I won't have time to take it to a shop.. does any one have any idea what could be wrong with the pickup and how could fix it, I would REALLY appreciate that!

cheers

Posted 3 Mar 2011, 12:15 a.m.

What sort of guitar is it? I'd wager that it's just a broken solder joint somewhere. I can bring along my Strat if you want a guitar to borrow / use as a backup. It's not the best, but does the job.

Posted 3 Mar 2011, 12:22 a.m.

yeah I think it's a broken solder as well.. Thanks a lot for the offer mate.. but I've got a backup guitar just any way.. just hope I can fix mine though because I'm only used to my guitar neck/action

Posted 6 May 2011, 1:42 p.m.

ardeshir: yeah I think it's a broken solder as well.. Thanks a lot for the offer mate.. but I've got a backup guitar just any way.. just hope I can fix mine though because I'm only used to my guitar neck/action

Did you manage to fix this?

Posted 9 May 2011, 6:49 a.m.

strange:
ardeshir: yeah I think it's a broken solder as well.. Thanks a lot for the offer mate.. but I've got a backup guitar just any way.. just hope I can fix mine though because I'm only used to my guitar neck/action

Did you manage to fix this?

I didn't manage to actually..