Posted 25 Mar 2011, 5:32 p.m.

The end bit of one of my guitar jacks came off and got lodged into the input of my favourite pedal and I can't get it out.
The pedal is a zoom G1X and is my first and only guitar pedal.
Any advice for removing the wayward thing?

Posted 25 Mar 2011, 5:38 p.m.

Mutton: The end bit of one of my guitar jacks came off and got lodged into the input of my favourite pedal and I can't get it out.
The pedal is a zoom G1X and is my first and only guitar pedal.
Any advice for removing the wayward thing?

WHAT!? I dont understand. So the entire jack is lodged in, or a small part of it? Did it just snap off? How long have you had that cable for dude? I am not sure what I recommend... How about just buying a nice shiny new one, especially as you have had that one SOO long.

Posted 25 Mar 2011, 5:42 p.m.

Just the top bit, that's why I'm having trouble taking it out.
It didn't snap off,more fell apart. I think the cable is... 3 years old tops.
Hope that is better. I'm just notoriously unclear.

Posted 25 Mar 2011, 10:16 p.m.

Best bet's probably taking a screwdriver to the backplate, and hoping that they're not fully moulded jack sockets. I'm not familiar with Zoom products, but my experience with pedals suggests that they shouldn't be.

Posted 26 Mar 2011, 11:15 a.m.

Mutton: my favourite pedal
The pedal is a zoom G1X

On your rug!

Posted 26 Mar 2011, 2:51 p.m.

@Frans
I think it is one of those fully molded jack socket-thingies because I don't think unscrewing the backplate will work

@LeoNMS
What do you mean? I mean it has served me pretty well for four years

Posted 26 Mar 2011, 5:49 p.m.

Mutton: @Frans
I think it is one of those fully molded jack socket-thingies because I don't think unscrewing the backplate will work
No way to know 'less you pop the back off it. Might well have enough access to flick the errant metal bit out with a chopstick of somesuch.

Mutton: @LeoNMS
What do you mean? I mean it has served me pretty well for four years

I think he means that, being a Zoom pedal, it's bad, it will make you sound bad, and you should probably feel bad.

Posted 26 Mar 2011, 6:41 p.m.

I know what you mean.. the same thing happened to me with my amp though..

my advice (which sadly isn't too helpful) is don't try poking around and trying to fix it by yourself because you will probably ruin it, like i ruined my amp! just take it to a store or something if you can

Posted 26 Mar 2011, 7:02 p.m.

There's a music store in Kenilworth that does repairs for a good price. Take it there dude.