1 2 3 4 Next
Posted 8 Aug 2004, 12:22 a.m.

Vote away - there really is no point to this poll but it may be interesting.
Matt

Posted 12 Oct 2012, 5:04 p.m.

This poll doesn't include many non-rock genres for one, which makes it a bit suspect, but since it doesn't have prog on there, I declare it null and void! :P

Moz

where is neo-classical speed metal?

I abstain cos I like all of them to an extent, and also the fact it lacks prog! :P

No modern alt. rock either, only classic rock and indie. Although I like indie, I prefer heavier variants in the main. I might tick indie, though I'm assuming that Hardcore is meant to be Emo Hardcore? Either way 'proper' Emo isn't there it seems.

Paul Gilbert is god and he has good album titles too:
King of Clubs
Burning Organ
Flying Dog (!!??)
Aligator Farm

Plus he's very good at guitar clinics - that's coming from a drummer!

burning organ is a great record

Sorry guys, I don't like putting blanket limits on music particularly...

I like Nirvana and Pearl Jam but I don't like 'Grunge', I like a lot of music on independent labels but I don't like Sleeper and Menswear, I like a lot of punk but I don't like generic bilge, I like Brand New and bits & bobs here and there but I can't stand generic 'Emo', I like some metal but don't like many of its extreme variants...

Good music is good music, however you classify it. Simply make mine 'alternative' and I think you cast a broad net which allows for plenty of variation.

can we have more than one choice? i voted metal but also like classic rock and grunge. Paul gilbert? great guitarist but whats the deal with the rabbits in the hat?

Music is as music does. Where music meets the industry we find genres.