How Life Imitates Chess

How Life Imitates Chess

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Puede un conocimiento adquirido de esta manera transferirse a otras personas en forma instantánea, con nada más que un libro? L'intenzione di Kasparov in questo libro è quella di mostrare come strategia e tattica davanti alla scacchiera possano essere trasposte alla vita reale. So I was shocked to find myself thoroughly engrossed by Kasparov's book, which is essentially an anatomy and vivisection of his personal genius, and rules he has generalized from that.

In How Life Imitates Chess Kasparov distills the lessons he learned over a lifetime as a Grandmaster to offer a primer on successful decision-making: how to evaluate opportunities, anticipate the future, devise winning strategies. All the study and preparation in the world can’t show you what it’s really going to be like in the wild. An inspiring book that combines unique strategic insight with personal memoir, How Life Imitates Chess is a glimpse inside the mind of one of today's greatest and most innovative thinkers.The sacrifice was not altogher obvious, and there was a large number of possible variations, but when I conscientiously began to work through them, I found, to my horror, that nothing would come of it. The first law of thermodynamics tells us that the total amount of energy in a system is constant, that if we move energy into one area, we lose an equal amount from another.

This book is no different, but the twist here is that Kasparov on many occasions has used his failures to explain that life is not as straightforward as the rules of chess. His failure, so far, to have pulled this one off has left him spare time, some of which he uses to lecture chief executives about the antics of other CEOs. Former world chess champion Kasparov issues a friendly book not so much about chess but rather about some personal insights from his career applying to whatever lies beyond the 64 squares. Sometimes in chess you are at a point where you would like to stay stationary, without making a move.Come giocatore di scacchi ho apprezzato gli aneddoti relativi al nobil giuoco, il resto è poco interessante e non dice nulla di nuovo; ho faticato non poco per portare a termine la lettura.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop