Delicate Condition

Delicate Condition

RRP: £16.99
Price: £8.495
£8.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The book successfully engages with the reader's emotions, providing a rollercoaster ride of suspense, tremendous suffering, and unexpected twists. It's comparable to classic horror novel "Rosemary's Baby" but with a modern and distinctly feminist approach. Delicate Condition, which was published in August, is part of a long lineage of books that explore the terrifying side of pregnancy and motherhood. So, to help you keep the bad vibes going, we’ve compiled a list of books to add to your TBR–you know, for the pesky days in between episodes. Rosemary’s Baby by Ira Levin

Gruenwedel, Erik (September 26, 2023). "JustWatch: 'Barbie,' 'Only Murders in the Building' Top Weekly Accessed Digital Content Through Sept. 24". Media Play News . Retrieved September 29, 2023. I thought this book was so gripping with perfectly paced chapters and twists. It had such a touching ending too, I shed a few tears. Definitely one for your TBR list! For me, the thriller and horror aspects stand out, but Delicate Condition also offers an insightful and thought-provoking look at pregnancy and all its challenges, including difficulties to become pregnant in the first place, and the not always appropriate attitude of husbands and friends, as well as healthcare professionals. I’m so happy to report that all of those feelings remain with her first adult novel “Delicate Condition”.There are many twist and turns in this novel but if you enjoy reading a book that takes you on a wild ride, this is definitely a book you absolutely must read.

So many reader emotions, I didn't know who to trust; if anyone! Delicate Condition is a thriller, a horror, a mystery and it's lingering in my mind, an aftereffect of a chilling read!" ―J.M. Hewitt, author of The Life She Wants Fabulously original. A deeply unsettling read that plays on women's darkest fears of pregnancy." ―Gemma Rogers, author of The SecretWhen I first read the synopsis, I wanted to read this, but I also wondered if it was going to be cheesy. Saying a book is like “The Push” and “The Silent Patient” is a very bold statement to make. In this case, it’s also a very true statement! Add a little bit of “Nightbitch” and “Motherthing”, and we get this crazy, yet somehow beautiful, story…

On January 9, 2020, American Horror Story was renewed for up to a thirteenth season. [6] On April 10, 2023, series co-creator Ryan Murphy confirmed that the season would have Halley Feiffer as showrunner and be based on Danielle Valentine's upcoming book Delicate Condition, making it the first season in the series' history to not have Murphy as showrunner and to lean into source material. Murphy also announced that the season would be titled Delicate. [7] Casting [ edit ] She and Dex are overjoyed when she finally finds out that the IVF has been successful. But, instead of the blissful pregnancy women see on television and in movies, along with the kindly obstetrician, Anna’s experience begins to take on the form of a nightmare. Elsewhere, Dex's dead ex-wife Adeline appears to have been connected to the baby cult, and that's the reason why his family is being targeted... according to Preecher, that is. The book’s gestation was almost as fraught as Anna’s baby’s. Valentine, who’s written several young adult novels, had spent a year and a half on a thriller for adults that just wasn’t coalescing. During that period, she’d also lost a pregnancy—and learned, in the early stages of miscarrying, that her doctor had noticed a potential problem weeks before. Why hadn’t someone told her? “Nobody wanted to scare you,” she remembers them replying. “Which is essentially just saying, ‘Well, we’re not telling women things about their bodies and their health because we don’t want them to get hysterical.’ That’s ludicrous.”

Advance Praise

White, Peter (January 9, 2020). " 'American Horror Story': FX Renews Anthology Series For Three More Seasons – TCA". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on January 9, 2020 . Retrieved January 9, 2020.

However, the plot takes a dark twist as she faces what appears to be a miscarriage and receives the devastating news of her baby’s loss. Mangalindan, JP (September 21, 2023). "Kim Kardashian's 'American Horror Story: Delicate' Debut Served Up the 'Campy Fun' the Series Needs". People . Retrieved September 29, 2023. Another scan reveals that she is in fact still pregnant and is delighted! However, there are some very strange going on's through her pregnancy and she has no idea who to trust.

Featured Reviews

Although she couldn’t tease much about the role, she did say, “It’s really fun to step outside of your comfort zone and try something new and grow. I’m so excited for the experience.” When asked if she was taking acting lessons to prepare, she said, “I am, of course. It’s a challenge. I like to challenge myself.”

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop