The Highway Rat

The Highway Rat

RRP: £6.99
Price: £3.495
£3.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Draw a picture showing the inside of one of the Highway Rat’s bags. What different items has he stolen? Find out about the police and how they help people in society. Could you invite a member of the police force to your school to talk to you about their jobs? What questions would you ask them? In this post, I will be exploring various aspects of this beloved children’s book and its animated adaptation.

Exploring ‘The Highway Rat’ has been a delightful journey, offering us insight into its captivating world. The Highway Rat gets fat from eating everyone else’s dinner. Can you think of a healthy diet to help him keep fit? While there hasn’t been any official announcement yet, the possibilities are certainly intriguing. Jeroen Jaspaert’s other media contributionsIf you loved ‘The Highway Rat’, you might also enjoy other works by Julia Donaldson, like ‘The Gruffalo’ and ‘Room on the Broom’. As mom who was an English Lit major, I LOVE this cheeky little book...it's a retelling of/homage to Alfred Noyes' poem "The Highwayman" (without all the, you know, shooting and death and ghosts and whatnot). My son loves the great rhythm, and at two, fills in the words at the end of each stanza. The fact that it's a long poem makes it a fun read-aloud, and it's great to start to expose little ones to poetry concepts at an early age, from a literacy standpoint. Plus, it's just fun.

The Highway Rat’s manners were ‘rough and rude’. Can you make a list of good manners to help the Highway Rat be nicer to others? The Highway Rat terrorises the local village. Cunning, daring and altogether selfish, he delights in stealing the locals’ food. But they won’t stand for it much longer. I grew up in a tall Victorian London house with my parents, grandmother, aunt, uncle, younger sister Mary and cat Geoffrey (who was really a prince in disguise. Mary and I would argue about which of us would marry him).Funnily enough, I find it harder to write not in verse, though I feel I am now getting the hang of it! My novel THE GIANTS AND THE JONESES is going to be made into a film by the same team who made the Harry Potter movies, and I have written three books of stories about the anarchic PRINCESS MIRROR-BELLE who appears from the mirror and disrupts the life of an otherwise ordinary eight-year-old. I have just finished writing a novel for teenagers. I've also immersed myself in the practical side of the industry, gaining hands-on experience in various aspects of movie production. The author uses different words to describe how the Highway Rat speaks (e.g. declared, bellowed). Can you think of any more? Hi there! I'm Jane Thomper, and I'm thrilled to be your go-to movie expert. With a genuine passion for all things film-related, I've dedicated my life to exploring the captivating world of cinema.

The book is a captivating tale that teaches children about the pitfalls of greed and the importance of empathy and kindness. ‘The Highway Rat’ movie summary: What’s different? As we close this exploration, we are left with an even deeper appreciation for this heartwarming story. His unique storytelling style has made him a favorite among viewers. Similar media to ‘The Highway Rat’ Find out about the author, Julia Donaldson. Watch this video and think of questions that you might like to ask her. While there is currently no video game adaptation of ‘The Highway Rat’, it’s not hard to imagine how the story could be translated into an interactive medium.Throughout my academic journey, I delved into the rich history of cinema, analyzing groundbreaking films and studying the techniques used by master storytellers. Given the popularity of ‘The Highway Rat’, it’s not surprising that fans are eager for a remake, sequel, or spin-off. Look at the use of speech marks within the story. Could you use these to turn the story into a play and perform it to others? Written by Julia Donaldson and illustrated by Axel Shaffer (The Gruffalo, Room on the Broom), The Highway Rat is a delightful story. It’s largely written in verse which lends it a tremendous pace and sense of excitement that will engage younger children, particularly in years one and two. The moral issue of theft which forms the central conceit of the book lends itself to further extraction and questioning. Using talk partners, you can ask children to come up with responses to particular questions – is The Highway Rat right to steal their food etc? What would you do if The Highway Rat stole your food? Although the story line is very simple, there is a lot of cross curricular links there. Our year 2 created a ‘WANTED!’ poster for the Highway Rat and wrote about the crimes of the rat and why they needed to catch him as soon as possible. The children had to use a range of descriptive language to make their writing interesting and for creating a sense of urgency. In addition, our year 2 created their own version of the capture of the Highway Rat with a clear beginning, middle and end. They had to use a lot of similes, adjectives and body language to create tension and a chase to grab their reader’s attention.

Welcome to an exciting journey as we dive deep into the world of ‘The Highway Rat’, a charming creation by Julia Donaldson. Did you know that ‘The Highway Rat’ was inspired by Alfred Noyes’ poem ‘The Highwayman’? Or that the book has been translated into over 20 languages? These are just a few of the many fascinating facts about ‘The Highway Rat’. Cosplay tips: How to dress like your favorite ‘The Highway Rat’ characters The Highway Rat, voiced by David Tennant in the film, is a greedy rodent who robs travelers of their food. The way they transported me to different worlds, evoked emotions, and sparked my imagination left an indelible mark. It was no surprise that I decided to pursue a degree in Film Studies, where I deepened my understanding of the art and craft of filmmaking. Absolutely marvelous! As an adult reader I totally adore the clever and delightful textual parody of Alfred Noyes' classic The Highwayman ballad (and indeed also much appreciate that with The Highway Rat, Julia Donaldson has just taken Alfred Noyes' external form and has not made her text content wise into some silly love story and her Highway Rat into a romantic type of hero, as no, that would in my opinion have made The Highway Rat annoyingly maudlin and not the engaging and so very much fun poetic parody of The Highwayman that it is).Though ‘The Highway Rat’ is an animated film, the creators drew inspiration from various real-life locations. One of the most noticeable differences is the inclusion of additional scenes to expand the narrative, such as the Highway Rat’s encounters with other animals. My real breakthrough was THE GRUFFALO, again illustrated by Axel. We work separately - he’s in London and I’m in Glasgow - but he sends me letters with lovely funny pictures on the envelopes. There are several memorable quotes from ‘The Highway Rat’ that have resonated with readers and viewers alike.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop